Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

A little off topic here but this whole thing is giving me Farve flashbacks. A couple of interesting tidbits from that era:

-If we would have made the playoffs with Farve the conditional pick we gave would have become a 1st and we wouldn't have been able to draft Sanchise the next year.

-Because we didn't make the playoffs the pick became a 3rd in 2009, which GB packaged with a 2nd to move up to take Clay Mathews.

PICK 113
    -In 2008 we got pick 113 from New Orleans and what became a 3rd (was conditional, remember Vilma had broken his leg) in exchange for Jonathon Vilma.

-In 2008, we traded pick 36 and pick 113 to GB for pick 30. We got Dustin Keller at 30 and they got Jordy Nelson with 36.

-A few picks before this Duane Brown was drafted by Houston, and a few picks before that, Flacco was drafted by the Ravens. Both on our roster in 2022.

-GB would trade pick 113 back to us along with pick 162, for pick 102. They got Jeremy Thompson at 102 and with 113 we got Dwight Lowery, and QB Erik Ainge at 162.

-So in the end, NO got Vilma - we got Lowrey and Ainge, and a piece of Shone Green which we packed in a trade up along with a 4th and 7th.

-The Farve Trade ended up costing pick us pick 83 in 2009, which the Packers traded to NE when they moved up for Mathews. The Farve pick became Brandon Tate, who would have over a 1000 KR yards and 2 return TDs for NE the next year - but NO won the Superbowl, with Vilma leading the defense.

#81 ouchy, Mar 7, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2023
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I heard that they are negotiating the size of Rodgers' office. Once they get that hammered out, we are good to go.

Nyjets4eva and Acad23 like this.
  3. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I heard the Jets are giving up 4 first round picks. But it's going to be like the NBA where they are non-consecutive. So 2023, 2025, 2027, 2029.

bicketybam likes this.
  4. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

I'm not sure how this would work, but I think Green Bay wants to restructure Rodgers' contract before trading him, making their cap hit more manageable. If that's the case, I hope they have already started these negotiations.. I doubt either team wants to enter the free agency period not knowing exactly how much money they have for signing players.

I really hope this trade goes through, I wasn't that high on Carr as many here was.. Rodgers would give us the best chance of success.

bicketybam likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I believe that JD had this deal in the works for a while... It's all too perfect.

Even at his age... he'd be the best quarterback we've had since... well... like ever.

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Me too. Even though I stated on another AR thread that I wouldn't mind if he came here just experience winning again, that doesn't mean it's best for the team.

It will take a year for everyone on the offense to get on the same page, therefore, even though winning is likely, it's hard to imagine a SB in year 1. Neither Manning nor Brady won a SB in the first year with their new teams, so not likely Rodgers could pull that off. Also in Year 1, a lot of media attention will be focused on the Jets as expectations will be high with a superstar at QB. For a team that has sought to avoid distractions the last five years or so, it will something they will have to adjust to.

Year 2 should be a lot smoother as everyone gets used to new routines and the media attention. However, Rodgers will be 40. Even though Brady won a SB after age 40, it's a lot to expect of a QB who has only won 1, and that was 13 years ago.

If it's Rodgers, the Jets better have a good Plan B, and by that I mean a competent backup while he's here, and a plan to transition to another QB after he's done.

NYJetsO12 and ouchy like this.
  7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If Rodgers does sign here, there is no way its for more than one season. Unless its the funnest, most Rodgers worshipping season in history - this is all for just this season.

8. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Lol beat me by a second

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for your service Sojaz and we usually agree
    But don’t start telling me there has not been incompetence and bad decisions during the JD and RS tenure ..and that won’t continue even with a major coup of getting MR Rogers
    That said..I will be very happy surprised and temporarily hopeful with the SOJs future if we get this guy

blackssmagic and sozopol like this.
  12. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Who is the bigger drama queen?

AR

or

the fans stressing out and bitching about him/ Jets taking time to make a decision

sozopol and Acad23 like this.
  13. bicketybam

Brady won the SB his first year with Tampa.

14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Wonder if Woody is with them

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Meanwhile wtf

17. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

If true thats very weird. Like he is having doubts and they need to rescue the deal. Not good.

18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

19. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Sauce giving his best sales pitch for Rodgers.

20. bicketybam

I hope they brought this guy.[​IMG]

KY Jets Fan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.