Rumor: Woody Johnson wanted Aaron Rodgers while Staff wanted Derek Carr

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Mar 6, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is the flaw in your logic.

2. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

This report makes me want AROD even less..... has train wreck and laughingstock of the league foreshadowing.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Woody and the Jets FO will be late to their own Funeral

I have no control over the ludicrous decision making the 3 stooges : Saleh JD and Woody make

But I can Boycott games and never never buy any Jet gear for the rest of my life

Sure there are some good young talent on the Roster..but the Managers The HC are all second rate....the Owner Self Sabotages this Franchise on a yearly basis

Dont you guys think Carr and Rogers have figured that out??? LMAO...Carr shook hands and gave promises ..he waited for a Jet 40 mil offer but was told "to wait" until Rogers decides on his Cave Jeopardy career or playing for us ..really??

NOW if we caned the so called genius JD and his puppet Saleh ...gave Sean Payton complete control I guarantee you the Stars would decide to come here!! BTW thats on Woody too..he could have done what Denver accomplished

I Posted these thoughts months ago and now we see how this comedy is playing out haha

An em[pty stadium another losing season ..those are the only ways to embarrass the Johnson to sell the Team

Till then ..we are stuck in Woodys Groundhog Day Horror Movie ..year after year ..missed opportunity and very BAD decision making

Jets1035 likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Kind of like his past marketing decisions? Like Tebow and Favre? It was PSLs in the past, now it's major ticket price increases.

Of course, that assumes he will even be able to close the deal, not that I necessarily believe another nobody who writes a paragraph about his inside information.

#64 Ralebird, Mar 6, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

This 13 year losing streak has got me thinking about moving on. If this season goes south and they clean house we are 3-5 years away from competing. I’ve had enough of this. We are supposed to get enjoyment and excitement from this. They just don’t provide that. When is enough enough?

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Watch Rodgers get sent to New England. That would be the icing on the cake.

jackie1013 likes this.
  7. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Might be a bad enough event for the fans to come together and pressure Woody to sell the team.

jackie1013 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  8. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

What am I missing here? Woody wants Rodgers ? So do I, why is he being put down here? Care get the heck out of here he’s so ordinary. Rodgers is a star. Good for Woody. Let’s go !!!

Boycott games for what? For him being all in for Rodgers? He should be all in for Rodgers.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good Lord, some of the conspiracy plots folks are coming up with because Carr choose to go to NO are right down insane. Half of the people here didn’t want Carr in the first place but are now shitting all over JD for missing on him. Knowing of course he was not the first choice. The other half is also pissed because they wanted Carr, hoping AR now blows us off to point the finger and show how incompetent our leadership is. This board will implode if we don’t get AR, which for all we know, might turn out to be the best option of all.

JETS1116, Acad23 and nevbeats319 like this.
  10. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

The saints are a better spot for him. They have just as good of a roster and easier conference. Not to mention being down south with his Christian believes and playing in a dome.

my point is - its such a easy bs story to write and nobody can discredit it. Who is the source? Jeremy Fowler?

The Jets are not a desirable place when a player has options. They need to over pay. Until otherwise

11. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

12. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

If they had no intention of signing Carr then how is it a screw up?

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Signing a mediocre QB for 4 years solves everything for us?

LAJet and NOVAJET like this.
  14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

That was my point, lol. It can't be both but that's how some will spin it.

LAJet likes this.
  15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Oh come on, it’s much for fun to blame Woody for us not signing the most avg QB the market has to offer.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It most certainly would have been a step in the right direction. Now you better pray that Woody gets his guy or all your hot air was just that.

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets already have the basis for a deal in place with GB. Yesterday was the first step in getting Aaron Rodgers comfortable with the Jets and the organization. I expect something to happen this week.

18. jackie1013

jackie1013 Member

Woody is an incompetent fool and Jets fan suffer the consequences. If he hasn’t learned by now that he isn’t capable of making sound football decisions, he never will. The AFC East is loaded, we can’t blow it again! If we wind up at the bottom of the heap again, fans should boycott the games. It’s the only way we will get rid of the Johnsons. ENOUGH!

19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

What was wrong with Tebow and Favre? Tebow barely played yet sold out the stadium. And Favre was the best thing that happened in a long time. If not for a torn bicep, Jets coulda gone a long way.

20. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Has to be alarming to Woody that he’s the only one in the organization who made the right choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.