JV’s Early Prospect Look

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just going to point out again that it is very hard to keep your outside zone blockers healthy over the course of a season, particularly in a zip code where footing is going to be an issue from time to time.

D'Brick would have been an exception because he did such a good job of taking care of himself over the course of his career in all sorts of ways that are forbidden to most OL in the NFL. Read this as he didn't let himself eat much more than it took to maintain his minimum playing weight. You try that as a 3rd rounder and you're going to get taken off the field for some guy willing to carry the extra 30 pounds for his career.

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Another Day 2 WR to be aware of, Cedric Tillman from Tennessee.

6'3" 215, another potential CD replacement if we decide to go that route.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

How about their QB? I am minutely intrigued in Aidan as a multi-year project.

RochesterJet likes this.
  4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Another WR name to watch, Michael Wilson from Stanford.

Sounds like he turned some heads at Mobile. Could be good value for us on early Day 3.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Gimme Daiyan Henley in the 3rd round.

The athleticism is off the charts which is something we need at the LB position rn.

wewantsapp likes this.
  6. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Not sure if its really an early prospect look with 53 days to go until 2023 NFLD - but I sure wouldn't mind Olusegun Oluwatimi (C from Michigan) at #74 in the 3rd round. I don't think we'd ever look back.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There was pretty good hype around Stanford’s outside threats and QB combo coming into the year because of their size.

And then their running game and offensive line completely shit the bed all year giving them zero offense. Looks like an interesting prospect.

Sign me up for any Michigan offensive lineman in the mid-rounds.

Lon Chaney and KY Jets Fan like this.
  8. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Oluwatimi started at the Air Force Academy before moving to UVA to start 32 consecutive games & then graduated with a degree in Economics.
    Love the smarts for the center position.
    He then spent the 2022 season as a grad year at Michigan & then won the Outland Trophy (best interior O-lineman) & the Rimington Trophy (best center).
    I've seen him in the 90s for mocks, - if we can trade down to get him = great. But I'd have no qualms about picking him at 74.

Lon Chaney, Br4d and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

We went for set it and forget it with a free agent center and he ended up being a bottom 15 center.

What I don’t get is why after his first year JD decided to punt on finding a mid round center to take over in year three or later. The Cowboys taking Biadasz in round four will forever piss me off.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

JD traded the 23 and 2 3rd-round picks to move up and take AVT.

When you trade up a lot of your liquidity goes away and you wind up settling elsewhere.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Siaki Ika from Baylor had a shit combine and will tumble, he'd plug the middle nicely. They won't draft a nose tackle though, we can only have 3Ts.

12. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

After reading shit post about over paying for AVT and why we kept our top 15C (rated 10 this year) for his whole contract, it was nice to read a real take…. Yes we won’t draft a NT especially one who underperforms during his combine and pro day.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Who would he replace? Cause right now there is Usamah, Ruckert, Conklin

KingRoach likes this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

NFL.com has the Jets picking Calijah Kancey at 13 this week. Man that would be sick.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Luther Burden is a year away but he’s already the best receiver in college football by a lot of metrics. That’s crazy considering the receivers OSU, Washington and Texas have.

@KY Jets Fan - how’s Kentucky going to fair tonight? I watched them dominate a bad Florida team but do they have any real time pro defenders or offensive lineman? I know the receivers have been trash.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Little late to this comment, my apologies.

Kentucky was awful vs Georgia, I thought they would lose but I thought they would at least cover the spread (14.5). Lost some money there.

To answer your question though, I don't really see anyone on this Kentucky team that gets drafted early this year. There will probably be some Day 3 guys, Devin Leary (QB), Ray Davis (RB), Trevin Wallace (LB), Jager Burton (IOL), and maybe Marques Cox (OT) but the rest will probably have to go the UDFA route.

Next year will be the year where we probably have a couple of guys go on Day 1 or 2. Deone Walker is a beast (DT), Barion Brown (WR), and Dane Key (WR) I think all have a chance to be 1st round picks. I would love for the Jets to end up with Brown, I think that kid is gonna be a stud at the next level.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

With the transfer portal, college football has a way of passing around quarterbacks that should’ve been a lot better than they were at their first program.

Leary, Kedon Slovis, JT Daniels, Hank Bachmeier, DJ U, etc. It’s crazy. I’m making a note to not buy the hype of these retreads in their second spot. I mean I felt like Leary came with the hype of following Rivers, Wilson, etc. at NC State.

Even Hartman’s been pretty disappointing at Notre Dame all things considered.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Leary's been a big disappointment for me so far this year. He was the #1 QB in the transfer portal and hasn't looked like it so far this year. 54.8% comp % and 209 ypg. He looked solid against the cupcakes at the beginning of the year but has looked pretty pedestrian since getting into conference play. He looked awful against Georgia.

I miss Levis lol

19. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

2024 Prospects I love and think we will have a shot for

1. WR Rome Adunze, UW. Really like his game. But, not sure if we draft him with laazard and ZW as the game manager.
    2. Quinn Ewers
    3. Best OT available. or OL. Too many injuries in general with OL in NFl. Always should spend a top pick on them annually.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Really RE: Ewers? I think he has Jimmy G at best written all over him. Very bad happy feet IMO and not a good deep ball thrower at all.