ESPN: Jets approach Packers for Rodgers Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 12, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well it’ll be interesting…while we have a very good defense and some nice offensive weapons, so the on the field stuff should be enticing to him, the off field stuff not so much.

he’d be moving to the AFC which had a MUCH tougher road to the superbowl with KC, Buffalo and Cincinnati all good teams with good young QBs, plus an upcoming Trevor Lawrence. Then there’s also the coaching hot seat situation, and the playoff mandate that’s not officially a mandate but pretty much everyone knows it is (and rightfully so actually)

I think a guy like him could absolutely handle the NY media no problem but I’d think there are other options (including staying in GB) which probably give him a better chance to get o the Super Bowl.

barfolomew and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Well if Mel Kiper says it, it definitely won't happen.

Brook!, papapump, Centiment and 5 others like this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don’t know how some people convinced themselves we could get Rodgers without giving up a first. This adds up to me.

barfolomew and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Seems to me It could depend on the timeframe of the signing if the first is this year or next. Could very well be a post draft signing. AR is not known for making contract commitments quickly.

6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I was hoping to keep 13 this year and trade a conditional 1st next year. Hopefully we’ll find out how realistic that is soon enough.

barfolomew and stinkyB like this.
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If a shrewd negotiator like Douglas gives up the 13 and only gets a 40 year old player in return, there is no way anyone can convince me that Woody is not in sole control of the ship.

Brook!, cval, papapump and 6 others like this.
  8. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

If the Jets can get Rodgers for less than what they would have given up for Tyreek Hill, i say do it.

Jets OG fan likes this.
  9. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Considering the massive age difference the return better not even be close to the same

cval and abyzmul like this.
  10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Who else are we bidding against?
    NFC - No
    Titans - Doubtful Bold move for a new GM in cap hell to give up draft capital to upgrade from one old QB to another
    Dolphins - Doubtful Maybe a sneaky move (fuck Tua)
    Raiders - Doubtful They reportedly don’t have the cash and McDanials and AR don’t seem like they’d gel
    Colts - Meh

Who? The Raiders wanted a 3rd for Carr… 2 3rds for Rodgers seems fair since he’s twice as good.

KY Jets Fan and twown like this.
  11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Yeah, doesn't look like there is a great deal of demand for Rodgers out there so JD should not even entertain talk of any 1st Rounders. Green Bay is desperate to unload AR's $100M contract, which they massively screwed up in signing, so best to lowball them all the way. Would be surprised to see anyone stupid enough to give them a 1st Rounder for an over-the-hill rental.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Who do you like in the role of Gilligan, Tim Tebow or Leveon Bell?

abyzmul likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree but in all fairness, Tyreek Hill isn't that valuable. He was elite this year and made Tua look better, but losing Tua did the Dolphins in. And Mahomes and the Chiefs didn't need him at all.

14. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Considering the fact that Rodgers could just up and retire any day now I posit that he isn’t very valuable either

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Douglas has already lost all leverage in the negotiations by making his desire for Rodgers so well known. As you say, giving up even 1 first round pick is absurd. Green bay badly wants to move him and his contract. Of course we'll never know what Rodgers wants until he finishes his darkness retreat. I read this morning that he is considering having his entrance and his exit from the darkness house filmed. No, he doesn't like attention.

barfolomew likes this.
  16. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Terribly true. Woody gets a woody for big names. I dont think we get aaron for anything less though

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Not going to go crazy over this but Teichert nailed the Saleh news before the big media guys (rap + schefter) and he was in on the Beckham to Cleveland a few years back before major media guys picked it up. Not sure if he is throwing shit against the wall, but he's been right before.

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  18. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

I'll go on record here saying I don't like the idea of trading for Rodgers. I don't think the Jets are "one QB" away right now, and I question his attitude and leadership.
    I think the offensive line is a bigger need (and one that has more certainty in payoff), and I think the cost in draft picks and salary to bring in AROD will actually set the Jets back in the long term.

Ralebird, tomdeb and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…I’m good with bringing him here but it has to be at the right price. It looking forward to the will he won’t be retire drama each year

JetFanInNE likes this.
  20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

That's just crazy. Rodgers wants out of Green Bay, they are on the hook for loads of money and he's 39. If they think anyone is giving up a first-rounder for him they are deluded.
    If I'm wrong, and we do give up a first-rounder for one year of Rodgers, I will lose a lot of respect for JD. That no.13 pick could be our left or right tackle for the next decade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.