QW why are you an idiot?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Jan 30, 2023.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is getting crazy man. So many good teams have had such a bigger problems than us and no one has even considered it being the fault of the coaching staff. The bills have Diggs blow up on Josh Allen on the sideline and then he tweets about it. Who’s blaming McDermott? The Bengals did the whole “Burrowhead“ thing for a week and no one is laying into Zac Taylor for it. Did Taylor catch any heat for Eli Apple running his mouth all week? Kayvon Thibodeaux acted like a classless moron with the Nick Foles stuff, then doubled down on it after the game and then also had a meltdown last night on social attacking an all pro, most likely Hall of Fame player… Where is the criticism of Daboll?

in the grand scheme of things, a bunch of players wearing a T-shirt to support their quarterback and our star player tweeting and quickly deleting something about how bad his offense is doesn’t seem like too much of a big deal. Unless you were actively looking for something to complain about.

HomeoftheJets and NYJFOREVER like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Dude relax lol.

I think guys throughout the league post dumb stuff on social media all the team, it just doesn’t make any sort of news wire so you don’t hear about it.

Example; you think Cardinal fans for example read about Q posting this? Doubt it. Just like we’d never hear about it if Derek Stingley (randomly chose a young player) posted it against the Texans offense.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

People want something to bitch about. This board latches onto the dumbest things and doesn’t let them go.

I don’t think I’ve seen one comment from a Jets reporter, beat or independent about the Quinnen comment all day.

It’s already made it’s news cycle and it’s a non-story.

4. NYJFOREVER

I'm very relaxed. I'm sitting at my desk laughing at this entire thread. This is the only Jets board on the Internet that latches onto stuff like this to make ridiculous assertations about the organization.

The takes on this board from 95% of posters are downright hysterical. Stereotypical old man thinking.

5. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

6. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Do we actually know if the mom was hot?

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Those teams you mentioned didn't lose 6 straight, or didn't score a TD in 3 games, and have been to the playoffs over the last 15 years. Losing teams don't get latitude like that. Now if you want to grade the Jets behavior on a curve, fine. Since they're losers, let them do whatever they want when they please and hold no one accountable. The Jets aren't the Bills or the Bengals. Do you think if this team had an offense, QW wouldn't have anything to post? QW told the truth. He shouldn't have said it publicly.

8. NYJFOREVER

Wilson's a pretty good looking guy, I'll wager that the mom was hot.

9. NYJFOREVER

The Jets lost 6 straight because their offense turned into pumpkins with Zach Wilson and a shell of Mike White leading it. Not because of stupid comments on Twitter.

Missing the playoffs 12 straight years is a much bigger organizational issue than "lack of accountability"

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

It was started by a poster who quit because the Jets suck, he just forgot that quitting means, you're no longer affiliated with anything to do with the franchise o_O

Nyjets4eva, JetFanInNE and NYJFOREVER like this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He has every right to commiserate with Bosa...QW speaks tru dat even though he spells "going through >"going threw" heh

I am fed up ,Fans are Fed up t,he WRs this year were fed up , ...notice a pattern??

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This is true.. But the fact remains they did lose 6 straight, have not been to the playoffs in 15 years, and are 20-45 since Joe Douglas took over. The Bills and the Bengals are far better organizationally. To compare anything that happens on the Jets to other playoff teams that actually have a winning record is just wrong. If you're winning? You get to do a lot shit that gets overlooked. When you're losing, shit gets magnified.

Then again, like I said. Lets these guys do whatever they want. Its just easier to explain the losing when you can excuse everything.

13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I heard Zach replied with "4th and 1, bro. 4th and 1."

Footballgod214 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The Mike White shirt incident happened and we were still on top of the world. I’m sorry when a team has as few locker room and culture issues as we do I just can’t buy into the coaching staff being held liable for a players actions. And by actions I mean a stupid tweet that he quickly deleted which didn’t even register on anything other than a localized fanbase scale

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Not a good look, but not a big deal IMO.

Here's a better QW tweet from yesterday:

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Quinnen equated the 49ers being down to their 5th string QB with the play of the Jets QB's in 2022 and SOMEHOW is still pretty accurate. :(

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The 49ers 5th string QB likely was better than the QB on the field for the Jets for most of the season.

The primary issue here is not that Q tweeted something in the heat of the moment. The primary issue here is that he has played 57 games for the Jets and the best QB on the field with him during those 4 seasons was Mike White for a couple of games.

I have no idea how Zach Wilson became the guaranteed target at #2 in 2021. I do know that the draft was just a continuation of the Jets rotten luck at drafting an FQB. This is one of those paying for your mistakes moments and unfortunately it gave us some insight into what the best player on the Jets thinks of the franchise.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The 49ers 5th string QB was Brock Purdy minus a UCL. So yeah pretty much.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I agree with this 100%. People think I am crazy, but when you lose a game and the next week you deactivate you 22 yr old QB and basically blame all problems on him you get this. Defense thinks they can do no wrong. WRs believe they an open invitation to throw tantrums on the field. It is a bad deal.

ColoradoContrails, burf and Cman68 like this.