QW why are you an idiot?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Jan 30, 2023.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

barfolomew likes this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Saleh addresses nothing publically. Another example of the lack of discipline on the roster at the moment. Guys just do whatever they want and deal with the consequences, if any, later. QW was telling the truth and probably the entire defense feels this way however, its not something you blurt out on social media. Once something is out there, you cannot delete it. If QW is looking for a big payday, it may be best that his agent tells him to STFU and stay off social media until he gets his new deal.

The other side of this is the Jamal Adams saga and QW might be thinking this could be a sequel.

3. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

No, he shouldn't.

Not every stupid thing needs a press conference or comment. Just publicly ignore it and handle it privately.

PJ4Ever, JetsNation06, Jojo and 3 others like this.
  4. NYJFOREVER

Did you see Kayvon Thibodeaux's rant last night? Is that an indictment on Daboll as a lack of discipline on his roster?

Coaches don't control every little thing their players do. Stop treating players like robots.

PJ4Ever, Kryoptix, Jets81 and 2 others like this.
  5. Cman68

Not sure what Kayvon was ranting about, but in his case, it may be a one off. Perhaps players should grow up and stop acting like what they say and do doesn't affect anyone other than themselves. There's a expectation that professional athletes carry themselves in a professional manner. Especially in a team sport where you depend on other people to achieve a goal. If players stop acting like children, perhaps we'd have less t-shirt wearing, costume wearing, tweeting and all this other bullshit that the Jets excel at. They don't have to be robots, just adults who understand the meaning of self control and professionalism. QW was right, but he should have kept that shit to himself.

Jojo, Sec124DieHard, papapump and 3 others like this.
  6. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I posted about this in the state of Jets thread.
    Q does it because that's the culture Saleh has established, by ignoring all the other divisive nonsense, this past season. Trade requests, the MW T-shirts, temper tantrums on-field, social media stupidity, wearing costumes to important games, etc.
    I don't think he should address it publicly, but he should've addressed it months ago.
    I have no doubt this nonsense contributed to the late season collapse, & leaves me questioning Saleh's leadership, or lack thereof.

dmw, nycarl, papapump and 2 others like this.
  7. NYJFOREVER

Oh really? The end of the season collapse had nothing to do with Zach Wilson being the 33rd ranked QB in football by almost every metric except banging hot moms?

Interesting take.

I finally remember why I took a break from this board once the season ended.

Kryoptix likes this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

The players are responsible for their own actions and need to grow up. The coaches do not control what players say, period, end of story.

Not quite sure what Saleh publicly addressing this would do except cause more meaningless drama.

I'm also certain that Quinnen Williams making a dumb comment on Twitter is not correlated with a lack of discipline on the Jets.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm thinking this was step one in getting traded. Q was here when Jamal Adams got traded and he's probably reaching the same frustration levels that Adams did.

Being a bad franchise has real costs. In this case it will probably cost the Jets extra if they want to lock Q up.

papapump and Cman68 like this.
  10. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Seriously, try reading what I said again, & taking the blinders off.
    You may notice the word "contributed."

11. NYJFOREVER

Kryoptix likes this.
  12. NYJFOREVER

My blinders are off brother. Players say dumbass shit all the time and the coaches are not responsible for what the players say on their PERSONAL social media.

I don't give a fuck what players say on social media. People are idiots and say dumb shit ALL THE TIME. Don't act like you were a saint when you were Quinnen's age. I can almost guarantee you've talked shit about a coworker at some point in your life.

13. NYJFOREVER

This thread is equivalent to the "Leonard Williams Looks Fat" threads.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If you told me this was pure satire I would believe you.

15. Cman68

Its the total nonsensical shit that goes on with this team since the Player's Pal took charge. Becton, now QW, T-shirts, costumes.. This isn't college. If these guys can't get it thru their heads that they are professionals and need to carry themselves as such both on the field and off, they will never win consistently and will always be losers with excuses. Maybe you don't think so, but a football team needs discipline. You saw what happens when a player lost his mind last night. Most likely cost the Bengals a trip to the SB because of an idiotic play.

This group better get its collective shit together and that goes for its stars and its CS. Saleh doesn't have to deal with this publicly, but he does have to make it clear what's expected from his guys and the consequences if that doesn't happen. So far, I've read a lot of talk, but stupid shit on social media just keeps on coming. Then again, maybe just let the players do whatever the fuck they want whenever they please. No need for an HC just a counselor. Hackett might be the only adult in the building.

#15 Cman68, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  16. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

why do you keep posting in it then?

burf likes this.
  17. NYJFOREVER

I'm having fun reading the absolute nonsense that only exists on this board. I want to see how many ludicrous, boomer takes I can get.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  18. Cman68

and I like talking football with children too...

19. NYJFOREVER

Talking about what Quinnen Williams said and then quickly deleted on social media is not talking football.

Asking for a public press conference to address what Quinnen Williams said is downright idiotic.

The entire world will forget about this in a week except for this board.

Kryoptix, Nyjets4eva and DetroitRed like this.
  20. Cman68

this discussion is about behavior. Since QW is a football player and made a football related tweet, this is indeed talking about Jet Football which he indirectly maligned publicly. It doesn't matter if he deleted it as NOTHING is ever truly deleted on the Net. The overall behavior of a team gets reflected in how well they play or not. This team needs a kick in the ass. Not some summer camp. Social media now is as much a behavior to be watched as drunk driving, failing PED tests, all of it.