Aaron Rodgers - Yay or Nay (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 26, 2023.

?

Want Aaron Rodgers at Jets?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2023.
  1. Yay

58.9%
  2. Nay

26.6%
  3. Undecided

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

That makes perfect sense to me, but you would still need to address the current roster.

2. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

Lets do this. Rodgers in green and white needs to happen. Sometimes you have to make the move and go "all in". This is the time.

Having a real pro and hall of famer under center, how can that not be exciting????

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  3. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

While to new yorkers this is huge, I don't think it matters to guys like Rogers. He's already in the HOF, has already won, and if he wins anywhere it will be celebrated.

I hope you're right and it happens quickly. The endless speculation will drive all of us on this site nuts. The good news is any of those 3 are a significant upgrade to what we had at quarterback this year.

4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'm a yay, but depends on the compensation.

If it's two 1sts, no way. This probably a 1, maybe 2-year deal. He's still a very good QB, but did have a relative down last season by his standards so will that regression continue?

If it's for a Day 2 pick or 2 and or a player, I'd consider. With his contract and age, I think that's fair. Different time, but pretty sure we only gave up a 3rd for 39 year-old Favre back in 2008.

If they're serious about sticking with developing Zach, Rodgers is a great choice from a learning and time-frame perspective. He's a very short-term solution and would allow Zach to compete to start when Rodgers is done in a year or two. With Carr, ideally he has several or more good years left.

I also very much think he's done in GB and will be traded. It's time for them to see what they have in Jordan Love. And if that's true, he's likely not going to the NFC so that leaves few teams as viable options

LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

That's what I read from a Jets media guy (unofficial) on twitter. I'll try to dig it up and find more info, but they seemed to think that they can work the trade to take effect June 1st, and still have Rodgers at OTAs.

Hopefully that's true, although he IS Aaron Rodgers. Missing some OTAs in a system he already knows isn't going to kill em.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

From a guy at Over the Cap, obviously knows more about caps than I do.

Re: Pre-June 1 trade

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The cap is also fake. The Saints have been over the cap for what seems like a decade and it’s fine.

8. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Still undecided about this situation though it is intriguing

that said, AR is 39 so I have to imagine Hackett plays a meaningful role there. This will likely be AR's last gig and going to an OC and system he thrived under has to be on his mind big time

Fold in the Jets will kiss his butt and treat him like a savior (something he seems to like)

NYC should have better lady action than Green Bay (not that I've been there). Maybe Broadway Joe can take him under his wing :)

I still think he might stay put but Jets seem like a very logical option if a trade happens

9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The Titans are the only other realistic scenario. I can’t imagine him following his WR who followed his NCAAF QB who was quickly jettisoned by the new staff…., but who knows what AR wants at this point. If he wants to win and improve his HOF resume, IMO the Jets are the best option. If he wants sun or to be surrounded by seasoned vets he’ll probably go elsewhere.

Also, no “price” has been named so no price needs to be lowered. AR is in the drivers seat and I don’t think he’ll want to handcuff his new team but the latter is speculation.

10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I just don’t see AR coming to Ny and the big media market. They’ll be all over him with a bad outing or stupid comments he sometime says. That said, I wouldn’t opposed to him coming to the Jets is it all works out.
    The intention of getting him would be win now mode for the next two-three years. He will cost us couple of number 1 picks but they can still solid draft players. They built the foundation. Add another OL, physical WR and LBs we should be set.

11. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

KY Jets Fan and NJJets like this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/betting-odds-tighten-for-rodgers-next-team

It appears the odds are about 50/50 of Jets or Packers having Rodgers as 2023 starter, with very little chance for Raiders and Colts. Basically it may come down to whether Jets and Packers can agree to appropriate compensation. I think we will know soon after SB. Carr becomes a FA 3 days after the SB, and I think Jets will try to know one way or the other by then, because they will be a player for Carr if Rodgers is not secured in the next two and a half weeks.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What ? I implied no such thing that Hackett has already a pre established playbook without knowing the roster or without tailoring to the players strengths. That is a must no matter what system is applied as the base. I have been pounding on that and was my deepest criticism of MLF, lack of flexibility.
    I was referring to the West coast system used as the baseline from which NH will develop a playbook, same system the 49ers amongst others use. Not all teams use the West Coast, some like the Vertical, and other the E-Perkins.
    It takes a lot less for a QB to get comfortable with a new playbook if the system is the same or close. That’s why I said Garappolo knows that system in his sleep.
    Any OC worth his soul designs a playbook based on a base system to optimize the players strengths with literally hundreds of different formations for every need and every opponent. Beyond that the real key to success is to modify your play calling depending on what personnel you have out there at the time. That’s the part MLF had problems with in my view.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Hahaha when you take just that one line I can see your point

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I know most hate to hear this, but please don’t shoot the messenger. I’m convinced JD and RS still have faith in ZW to develop into a starter, or at least willing to give him every chance to prove it before the option year.
    So they are most likely focusing their energy more towards a shorter solution, by getting a top vet with a more limited career horizon.
    Carr is young enough and is not just looking for a starter role near term, but to take the reins and remain at the helm for the next 4-5 years. As such I’m less optimistic that he would even consider the Jets, and from the Jets point of view, he is probably not the number one choice.
    On the other end of the spectrum, AR could be the perfect short term solution and the ideal QB to learn from if the price is reasonable. Brady meets the criteria, but the dislike runs deep both ways. JG is also appealing, sort of the middle ground solution, because he can lead this team for the next couple of years but his injury history may open a window for Zach to re enter in a back up role…..if ready.
    I’m probably dead wrong, but we will know which way the Jets are leaning no later than Feb 12, when Carr contract becomes guaranteed if not released

#376 LAJet, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    burf, chandler and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

It appears for cap reasons AR can not be traded till after 6/01 That means he would be the last option for a QB-hungry team. It also means no draft picks from this draft. So the 2 1sts would be 2024/2025 hopefully very late 1st

18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well if that is true my whole theory of why AR makes sense goes out the window.

19. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Not so fast Kyrie says it’s not

20. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

You seriously think the Jets are winning the Super Bowl with a year or two of Rodgers? His career is on the decline and to give up 2 first-round picks (supposedly) for an aging QB that has only won ONE SB. He may get you to the playoffs, but maybe one and done and you're okay with that? We need JD to go ahead and build up the O LINE because no matter who is the QB, they'd be running for their lives if it's not addressed. That's what you do, rebuild through the draft.

Ralebird likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.