AFC Championship Game : Bengals @ Chiefs

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Jan 26, 2023.

?

Who will win

Poll closed Jan 29, 2023.
  1. Chiefs

35.3%
  2. Bengals

64.7%
  1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I went back and watched it a couple times this morning. The player clearly pushes him. I just don’t like how much Mahomes embellished that shit. I think he could’ve stayed on his feet if he wanted to.

The intentional grounding was especially bad because the referees usually discuss that ad nauseam before throwing the flag and it very easily could’ve been picked up.

They also gave the Chiefs a do over on a critical third down for next to no reason.

Pepsiguy5 and JackBower like this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The "Ghost Play"....

3. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Defenders are in a really tough spot on those QB running up the sideline plays.

If they go easy on the guy the QB will obviously just bulldoze another 5 miles up the sideline/towards the first down. And if that is allowed (which it should be) the defenders need to be able to "help" aka push the guy fully out of bounds to make sure. In the heat of the moment the defender can't exactly get out a tape measure and plum bob for full analysis of exactly where the line is mid-step.

Jets got burned on a similar play this season where the opposing QB broke free and was running for a 1st down on 3rd and long. I think it was Mosely semi-tackled him and it was right near the line to gain and then got penalized even though the QB had his head down and was doing everything possible to get a 1st down. I mean... wtf.

I watched that game yesterday and felt like the better team did not win. And that is kind of unfortunate.

4. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

national fixed league alright

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The refs were clearly biased against the Jets this season. The team didn't get one roughing the QB call. There was obvious unnecessary roughness against Garrett Wilson several times and no calls. And there were other really bad calls. The NFL has committed to profiting from gambling and thus, the league's reputation will suffer.

6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

You're absolutely correct on this. The Bengals were the better team yesterday and it took every last bit of the screw-ups (I'm being generous there) by the refs for the Chiefs to squeak out a "win".

Patriot, papapump, Br4d and 1 other person like this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's very hard to win a close game against the Chiefs in KC. Arrowhead has replaced the Black Hole as one of the toughest places to win in the NFL. The noise level is insane.

NY Jets68, Pepsiguy5 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

its getting unwatchable

9. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I was not rooting for either team, but the officiating was clearly one-sided toward the Chiefs.

Normally you would expect to see bad calls or no calls going both ways. But I can't recall one bad call or no call against the Chiefs.

The Eagle's defense should be able to put extreme pressure on Mahomes, but if the Chief's offensive line gets away with holding as they did against Cincy, then all bets are off.

This type of officiating makes it clear that betting on these games is unpredictable.

The fact that many of you see the officiating the same way as me; really has me paranoid that the game was clearly fixed. I hope I am wrong or otherwise, the NFL will be unwatchable.