Aaron Rodgers - Yay or Nay (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 26, 2023.

?

Want Aaron Rodgers at Jets?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2023.
  1. Yay

58.9%
  2. Nay

26.6%
  3. Undecided

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We were in the same division though, he was competing against us. I am sure if he came here, whooped NE's ass to finally stop losing streak to them every single year en route to SB victory and sticking it to Belichick, overwhelming majority of the fans, including your truly and also Joe Namath wouldn't mind.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

That's a poll that would be pretty cool to see actually. I may be in the minority but that's a stench that's permeated right into my soul. I respect it, I do, just personally don't think I could stomach it.

3. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

People who think this is a Super Bowl team with the addition of Rodgers are totally delusional.

He is 39 YO and probably 5 years past his peak. He suffered a thumb injury and refused surgery according to a friend who is a GB fan. Even if he came and stayed healthy he is no longer among the best QBs. Those days are gonzo.

We need to re-build the O line. We need to upgrade the D so they dont choke on the game deciding 4th quarter drives. We need to upgrade the receivers. We need $$$ to pay Williams and do those other things, not overpay an ancient QB.

The best case timeline for this team is 2 to 3 years. We need a QB that is not past his prime and can improve as the rest of the team improves.

There really is very little doubt that the best realistic choice is Carr.

If the goal is to make the playoffs, have a first round exit, and then worry about the QB position every off season because of declining play and possible retirement then Rodgers is your guy.

We dont need GB's baggage and drama.

horsehead, MikeyMo, papapump and 5 others like this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

5 years past his peak? When did he win those MVP awards?

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They had some lean years for sure. Right after Bart Starr retired. Remember Scott Hunter, Jerry Tagge, David Whitehurst, and Don Majkowski?

6. burf

burf Well-Known Member

**Warning: this post may be hazardous to your health**

One of the side things about this whole AR frenzy, is what happens if the Jets don't get him?
    To me, if the Jets go after AR, it's a Woody thing.
    From what I've seen of JD, I just don't think going after AR would fit his overall vision of building the team.
    How they went about finding an OC, kinda supports my thought process.
    They seemingly wanted to hire an OC ASAP, so they could move forward with developing an off-season plan.
    I suspect the vet QB plan may follow a similar process... who meets whatever checklist they're looking for, & how quickly can they get him into the building... which makes some sense.
    Signing AR will probably be a slow process, most of us know why by now.
    So, don't be surprised if in a few weeks, Derek Carr is the new QB.
    Or the team ends up with Jimmy G, or a Tannehill.

If my theory is correct, lots of Woody haters should be hoping, urging, praying for Woody to get involved.
    Oh, the irony.
    I'd just hate to see some new sticky obituary thread, of TGG posters whose heads exploded, if AR isn't signed.

MikeyMo likes this.
  7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If Carr is who we get, we'll likely get a WC spot and possibly contend for the division. We could do a lot worse than him.

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Grab AR12 provided it's not costing a 1st rounder. Then with the 1st round pick still in hand...screw it....& what the hell....draft AR15 to sit and watch AR12.

Imagine if the 'only 21 year old AR15' panned out in 2-3 yrs... anyway, if JD go another route and screw it up he and Bob Salad are gone anyway....

with toothless Gator talent around him at Gainesville:

*just spitballing

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yep, no guarantees. Does aging increase injuries in football?

As they say in the investment community "Past performance is not indicative of future results."

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. bicketybam

For quarterbacks? See Brady, Tom.

11. Ralebird

Not at all. That, of course, is irrelevant to seeing how the offense in Green Bay performed. To disregard their running game does not help in analyzing Rodgers' contribution to their W - L record.

barfolomew likes this.
  12. Ralebird

We have heard this since he was still at BYU; he has given us no reason to believe this is true. The time is now to bring in a competent quarterback who will be here longer than a year and has the best part of his career ahead of him.

Footballgod214 and barfolomew like this.
  13. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Like who? Last I checked the only ones available were Carr who the Raiders fans can't wait to get rid of and Jimmy G who's always hurt. We could take another shot at a rookie with the 13th pick and start the process over again and again and again...

ColoradoContrails and barfolomew like this.
  14. Ralebird

Are you saying the exception proves the rule? Human bodies break down as they age; it happens to everyone.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Yep, those are definitely two names to consider. Right now, I'd prefer Carr. I really don't care what Raiders fans think. I've never been a fan of trying to find an FQB in the draft, but that may only be because I've been a Jets fan since they were the Titans.

CaptainCap likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My two cents. Carr might seek a five year deal, JG will sign a two year deal with incentives, because of injury concerns, and that will be right up the long term plan for JD. JG can run this offensive playbook in his sleep. Either will take us to the playoffs without draining our draft picks a la AR. But AR can take us further. He is that good.

17. Ralebird

What is "this offensive playbook" you're talking about? Do you know something no one else here knows?

18. Johnnypump

Johnnypump Member

Absolutely not. Aaron is not a team guy. He is a me guy. What has the guy done over the last decade? Any Super Bowl appearances? He has lost 4 NFC Championships all at Lambeau. He is quick to throw his teammates under the bus. He takes zero responsibility for his team. His motto is “ me first” not “ team first.” You can keep him just like you can keep Brady. Make no mistake about it. He is a great regular season QB. One of the best. However, he is a different guy in the playoffs. He can get you to the championship game but can’t win it.

MikeyMo and bmfc1 like this.
  19. bicketybam

I was originally saying that in a series of games where the Jets didn't win a single one with Zach/Wilson/Flacco at QB, they would have won the bulk of them had Rodgers been the QB. Then you decided to bring the possibly of an injury to Rodgers because that is what you do.

I'm just going to throw you on ignore. You add nothing to my TGG experience and all you do is clutter up threads with your argumentative bullshit. Adios.

20. MikeyMo

MikeyMo New Member

No. Just no. This would be a well-intentioned, but desperate move. Giving up picks, and paying 50 mil just for next year, for a guy that appears to be on the decline.. and we would be on a yearly retirement watch.. just no. And he’s kind of a flake-job.

if Green Bay would be thrilled to trade him, and they would likely be, why would we be thrilled to take him on? Out of desperation.

And if the clock is ticking on JD and RS, so be careful of what they might do, long-term future be damned.

If they’re free agents, Carr or Jimmy G. any day, over AR.

Jeff M likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.