Time to quit bitchin..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Makes no sense to keep bitching about another Hackett running the Jet offense. Its 2023, not 2004. His dad may have sucked back in the day, but that's a lifetime ago and we need to move on. If Hackett falls on his face here, we're looking at another rebuild as JD will have no option but to blow it up.

Woody needs to raise the stature and image of the New York Jets and that happens with wins. His non-mandate mandate is clear. Get me someone in the building that knows what the hell he's doing and has done it before. Might as well hang a sign up that says: "Newbies need not apply". JD and Saleh has done exactly that. Can't really ask for more so lets see how this shakes out..

Saleh knows his fate hangs on what happens on offense in '23-24. I hope the team makes that step to the next level. The AFCE is a far stronger division than it has been and I would say its the strongest division in the AFC. The Jets, their fanbase, their ownership, everyone associated with the team should be sick and tired of the ineptitude, the collapses, all of it.

Zach should just lay low and learn behind whatever Vet QB they bring in. Hiring Hackett at least gives the Jets some legitimacy so a Vet QB looking at the end of his career won't feel like its starting over coming to the Jets. Hackett not only puts AR in play, but also DC and Tannehill too.

In closing, we need to accept what we're looking at, not what we want to see. Hackett is the OC. Saleh is the HC and Woody is the Owner. It is what it is.. Time to quit bitchin about everything and wait for the results that will become clear soon enough. If it all collapses, we'll deal with that if and when it happens. Until then? Hope for the best, but prepare yourselves for the worst.

2. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Or... just go along for the ride.
    As a Jets fan since the olden days, while there hasn't been much success, one thing it has been is bizarrely interesting... especially for masochists, which I don't consider myself as.
    Of course, that I am still a Jets fan, might suggest otherwise.
    So relax to another bizarrely interesting off-season, whether it's logical, controversial, or incompetent, we'll soon know.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If you spend money on the Jets and they are good next year keep spending. If they are bad just stop. The only way to fix a broken ownership is to hit them in the wallet. It's the only thing they'll really listen too.

jixxjr and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree, except if the Jets suck in 2023, no way should Douglas get another shot. His 2022 draft is what got him another year, but if the Jets suck in 2023, it means he must have messed up this offseason as well as 2020 and 2021. If you're 1 for 4 on offseasons, your winning percentage through four seasons is worse than Idzik's, and the coaches who you're responsible for need to go, then so do you.

James Hasty and Br4d like this.
  5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Meh.

I think I've endured enough bullshit as a fan of this team and have earned the right to bitch. Which I will do when I feel It's warranted.

Judging Hackett based on his father Is non sense. I didn't think his dad was all that bad. 3 playoff appearances as the OC of the NYJ. Yet, he was horrible to so many?

The owner Is a fucking clown. No pass there.

JD and Saleh. Got to get It right. If they don't. No pass there.

As for experience Vs non experience. I don't share that sentiment either. I don't give a damn as long as the results are there. Putting these weird restrictions on things as fans Is silly too.

I don't care if it's an experienced coach or not, as long as they are good.

Just like I don't give two fucks If we draft a rookie QB. They need to get It right, regardless If It's been a failure for so very long. It needs to happen at some point If we are going to be consistent winners.

No. Bitching Is warranted.

I appreciate the battle cry In an attempt to rally the fans but the fans have earned the right to bitch, to be impatient, to feel however they may.

I may not agree with all of It but fuck the mandate for fans.

No thanks.

6. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Jets fans bitchin??? No way has that ever happened

westiedog1, Jojo and KingRoach like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Probably all be fired this time next year anyway so it really doesn’t matter too much

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Excellent post. Couldn’t agree more. Time to move on. I think we will be in the playoffs next year. How deep into the playoff I don’t even care to guess. We have enough horses to give the competition a serious run for their money with a decent QB behind center. But will playoffs stop the bitching? Oh hell no. People will come up with a million excuses as to why that wasn't good enough. History of suffering will be relived. Time to accept the fact that some fans will not be happy no matter what, yet none of us has a better solution for success short of getting new owners which is, well, a freaking non starter.

ColoradoContrails and bicketybam like this.
  9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

It’s at least going to be an interesting season. No-one in the FO survives without a winning record. For better or for worse, I’m expecting a few Hail Mary moves (Rodgers?) to save careers.

Hopefully we’ll see good play and risks taken. The last thing I want to see is the 2023 equivalent of Frank Gore running up the gut to a 6-11 record.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I mean JD did a good job w the draft last year. I think he’s knows this off season FA and draft is the most crucial to if we do well as an offense and he survives next year. Hope he comes out with a plan and swinging

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

As bad as we closed out the season... we are in a good position to take the division next season...
    ... If we get good quarterback play.

My fear is that firing MLF and bringing in Hackett hoping he'll help get Rodgers is a desperate move we didn't
    need to make.

Derek Carr or Jimmy G. would have fixed what ails us.

DetroitRed likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Lifes a bitch and then ya die:p

13. NYJetsO12

The Jets Organization is the modern version of Hades Ancient Greek punishment: forcing Sisyphus to roll an immense boulder up a hill only for it to roll down every time it neared the top :/

Jojo and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Shared revenue, monopolization of an entertainment venue, PSL, incessant advertisements on TV and social media promoting what great entertainment value season tickets are. A gladiator sport that’s evolved to fuel a human’s base desire for violent voyeurism.

Woody doesn’t have to put together a team that wins. Its a business. It’s not about winning.

After another year not making the playoffs Jets raised the ticket costs 10%. Not because their 2022 season was so good but because it’s a business. Got to cover expenses, got to have profits.

But hey you know there has to be an NFL punching bag other teams can beat. That’s good for their record, puts folks in seats, gets them to buy jerseys. I’m sure the owners send Woody a Christmas card.

I’m done. Got rid of my season tickets for 2023. Can’t sell the shitty PSLs because there is no market for this trash.

That $3,000.00 will cover some decent fishing trips. I won’t miss any of those fall Tuna runs to the Canyon.

My entertainment budget is going elsewhere.

Lon Chaney, Brook!, JohnnyJet and 6 others like this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I got one booked on the Voyager for the end of September..:)

16. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the hire because they also hired Keith Carter AND it could the precursory move to acquiring Aaron Rodgers. And just a crazy side note... when your play calling works you look like a genius. Paul sucked because Chad was stinko against top 5 defenses. Nate looks like a genius because Aaron Rodgers was a two time MVP under his direction. It's not complicated. With good talent comes good results. Aaron Rodgers corrects all the wrongs the know it all Jets fans would normally be bitching about...

#16 NYJ1970, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
    SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Quit bitchin, @Cman65? What are 95% of the posters on TGG supposed to do from now until September then? :D

jixxjr, burf, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Like others I didn;t think hackett's dad was great but comptent in a conservative way...remember he was married to Herm the worm who make him look like the second coming of Walsh.

can we give the guy a chance... so he failed in Denver as a HC. Borat thinks its meaningful and I agree... my take is that he accepted the job with humility and also that he has something to prove.
    Look I have no illusions about ZW irrespective of what Woody and cc are thinking about his salavageability.

Lets see what JD does but if the screw the pooch, they will all be gone this time next year.

burf likes this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree @Cman65, there's been so much complaining, no matter what the Jets have done to tried to do. It makes me wonder if you should rename this site TSG; TheSlimeGreen.:p

But, as fans that's our right - bitch or cheer - as we feel like. For those if us who aren't mods we can always choose to take a "vacation" from the slime at least. Sorry you have to endure it.

It's not like this team hasn't given us enough reason to complain. Somehow they always seem to find a way to fuck things up. And what makes it even more maddening is that other times seem to always step in shit and come out smelling like roses. I've stuck with the stench for over 60 years, and know that makes me certifiably insane, so I'm grateful for the outlet TGG provides in letting me vent from time to time.

As the old man once sang "If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all".

Jets79, IIMeanDeanII and Cman68 like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

+110

Smart Dude

Joe Namath and his Legend are only things piquing my semi-interest in Woodys Dumpster Fire

I WILL NEVER BUY STUFF OR GO TO METLIFE BECASE OF THIS OWNER

That money hungry POS can go to hell.

JohnnyJet likes this.