Vegas Odds Makers put Rodgers & Carr as Favorites to Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Jan 26, 2023.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

You do come off like a guy from Florida.

What if Ouchy was really a huge Dolphins fan and comes to TGG to shit on the Jets. Gets a big kick out of a dolphins fan a some Jets fans getting together to shit on the Jets.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Believing Miami is closer to a SB than us means I'm a Miami fan now? Don't some posters ever get tired of calling people's fandom into question when they are disagreed with? Miami has a better roster than us and is validly a team that could be only a QB away. We aren't. That is simply a fact.

Not being enthused about a potentially expensive trade for a 1 year stop gap at QB isn't "shitting on the Jets". I got this same crap when I ranted about the Zach pick. Believing Rodgers will lead us to a SB, while turning Zach into a top 10 QB is from my viewpoint a laughable beleif. Our roster will have to be trimmed and become even worse. I can almost guarantee getting Rodgers would end up with another 7-10 season, where the locker room probably implodes under his ego, and adds mucho pain to the next rebuild.

But hey it will be fun to watch for a few weeks/months. Sorry, that's not good enough.

A large swath of this board, heck this fanbase, is in a state of desperate denial that seems to be getting worse by the day. I don't have very strong feelings anymore about what bad job saving desperate decisions we make. We've seen it all over the last 40 years. Talking football is purely recreational for me.

#22 ouchy, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  3. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Fact doesn’t mean what you think it means… that’s why you seem like a Florida guy.

4. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

We are a better team than Miami, I firmly believe that so which makes it my opinion, I would avoid calling opinions facts as it's the wrong use of the word.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

They finished two games ahead of us while having a harder schedule. Its not an opinion. Its documented by results.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  6. NOVAJET

We put 40 points on them with Zach Wilson. Combined scores from the 2 head to head game we played them we are the better team. You can cherry pick any stat you want but you seriously need to wiki what an opinion is and what a fact is. I'm actually starting to think King Roach is right.

7. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Miami's OL is as bad as ours when injured. It's worse when ours is healthy. Our defense is better as well. I don't know what you are seeing.

8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Standings are cherry picking stats?

We beat them in a game where their 3rd string rookie QB saw his first NFL action while not taking any first team snaps all week is cherry picking.

I'm starting to not care what you think.

#28 ouchy, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  9. NOVAJET

Just going to walk away from this one, we can agree to disagree. Since we each don't share each other's "opinions".

bicketybam and ouchy like this.
  10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its not easy being in the group that thinks 9-7 is better than 7-9 around here.

11. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Crazy idea can we get both carr and rodgers?

12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yeah and Brady can be our 3rd string guy, lol.

Acad23 and barfolomew like this.
  13. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

You are what your record says you are. The Dolphins were better than us last year - they won more games, they went to the playoffs, we didn't. It's that simple.
    Combining scores from head to head games is cherry picking stats comparing records is not. Ouchy is simple telling it like it is.

NY Jets68 and ouchy like this.
  14. NOVAJET

Again, he is entitled to his opinion. We disagree, end of story. He stated his opinion as a fact, I disputed that it was not a fact just his opinion. There really is nothing to argue about or disagree with. Not sure why it's continuing to be a topic honestly.

15. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Exactly

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Dolphins won a bunch of games with Tua at QB. If we had Tua, even with the injuries, we'd have won more than 7 games.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Zach can learn from any of these QB we're talking about. If the kid can put his ego aside, he might save his NFL career. He needs to STFU, be humble and learn how to play QB in the NFL.

18. NOVAJET

If it's not Rodgers or Brady (eww) Zach is gone, everyone realizes that correct? His trade value won't increase on the bench so you would have to unload him this off-season. If we get Carr, Jimmy G there is no reason to keep Zach.

CotcheryFan and Cman68 like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't have any idea what their plan is for Zach at this point. I hope they do.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It's also not easy to believe that an objective fact, like a W - L record equates to a subjective opinion, like which team is better. The scoreboard doesn't always tell the whole story.

Miami certainly was more successful; they performed better; but if they were a better team is a matter of opinion.

Lon Chaney and NOVAJET like this.