Aaron Rodgers - Yay or Nay (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 26, 2023.

?

Want Aaron Rodgers at Jets?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2023.
  1. Yay

58.9%
  2. Nay

26.6%
  3. Undecided

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Um, you can answer questions in a press conference. Dont ask next time

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I have absolutely no interest at Aaron Rodgers for 2 #1's. That's a ridiculous price paid only by the desperate and it is most likely going to make them more desperate before it plays through.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I ain't giving two first round picks unless Rodgers commits to being here for 3 years. I don't think that guy knows what he wants

JetFanInNE likes this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Out of all the QB's that could be available, who gives us the best shot at winning a super bowl next year? There's only one correct answer!

BleedJetsGreen1981 and NOVAJET like this.
  5. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

That's right. The goal is to win the Super Bowl now. That should always be the goal. Rebuilding/building for the future is mostly a myth. You're always rebuilding until you get a QB you can win with. Once you have that (Rodgers), you're in win now mode.

SOJAZ, BleedJetsGreen1981 and NOVAJET like this.
  6. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

The fact there are 19 nay votes is comical lol. Typical SOJ mentality. Finally have a roster that's a QB away and 19 people don't want him...

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The Jets could've gotten Carr without all the drama and high draft picks. Just another poorly played hand by Jets brass.

The Jets have an unbelievable talent for pigeon holing themselves to the point of having no options. This is where they find themselves today.

Hiring Hackett was an absolute boneheaded move if Rodgers doesn't come here. See what he did to a first ballot Hall of Fame QB in less than 1 full season in Denver for proof of that. Let's be real, at this point in Rodgers career he can call his own plays. He doesn't need an OC for that, he probably likes Hackett so I'm praying that's enough to get him here.

It will be SOJ foerever if Rodgers doesn't sign here and back to being absolutely horrible. Did we not learn from the first horrible Hackett we had here? Now we want his scrubby son?

The Jets made this bed and now they have to sleep in it. It is literally Rodgers or bust. Don't F this up. It's literally the last chance.

If they mess it up everyone win the FO/CS will be gone in 2 years. Book it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. bicketybam

Why do you think Seattle traded a 1st ballot future hall of fame QB?

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I’m a no on Aaron. I don’t think the risk, cost would be justify cause I don’t think Rodgers = Super Bowl. Apart from his contract I don’t think he’d be as cheap as some think with respect to picks. Especially when if i’m the Packers I could smell the desperation on us.

10. JetsNation06

Because their SB window closed like 3 years ago due to roster casualties, FA and retirement and to free up cap space from his pending mega-deal. They were smart to stockpile draft picks when their roster needed a lot of help.

Why do you think Denver gave up the farm to get a 1st ballot future HOF QB? Why do you think Denver fired Hackett after less than 1 full season?

Why didn't the Jets take a closer look at one of the several innovative OC names from a contending team and instead looked at a guy (Hackett) who was most recently an abject failure at his job?

This is Adam Gase all over again minus the eyerolls. Hackett's legacy here hangs on Rodgers decision, make no mistake about it.

Mark my words. No Rodgers, no success. Jets only have one option to get this right. Put all your eggs in one basket and this is what happens.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Why do I keep seeing Jets fans aligning their thoughts with Woody Johnson?

Who says we are a QB away from winning a SB outside of the clown owner of this team?

We are definitely not a QB away....

Makes zero sense to believe that right now.

Ralebird, papapump, NY Jets68 and 4 others like this.
  12. bicketybam

Geno Smith had them looking pretty good. I think Wilson is on the decline and so did the Seahawks.

Adam Gase was a fired HC that we hired as our HC. Hackett is a fired HC that we hired as OC. I don't see how this is Adam Gase all over again.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Agree. It is a looooong way from 7-10 to a superbowl

a QB away from a first round playoff exit though maybe. And that is where people have set the bar

14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Compare our roster to the Bills without Allen, Chiefs, Bengals.... We are a QB away and not thinking so is a cowards mentality.

bicketybam likes this.
  15. bicketybam

The reason we were 7-10 is because our QB was the worst in the league, our OC couldn't call plays to save his life and we lost extremely important players to injury.

You replace the OC with a guy with experience, the QB with a future Hall of Famer and get back the injured players and you think we are a first round exit from the playoffs? Riiight.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

There were two aging top QBs traded last season and the deals were vastly different. The Broncos gave up an obscene amount for Wilson. Meanwhile the Colts only gave up a 3rd for Matt Ryan. But what the colts did give to Ryan was a giant two year contract with nearly 60 million guaranteed. There was no cheap/cheap solution for them and neither of them were MVP winners recently. And more importantly it was a tough transition with a new roster for both players. Poor pass protection was prominent in both cases.

We still have an o-line issue and with starters becoming FAs have even more holes than during the season. Its very likely we would not be getting the GB version of Aaron Rodgers, but Aaron Rodgers struggling to adjust on a new roster with poorer pass protection. Maybe we can shore up the line but it will be even harder if we have to give up a lot of either picks, money, or both.

People keep saying were only a QB from competing for a SB away and that's not really true. Were the 19th best team, with several holes that need filling including nearly half of our defensive starters, and not enough cap space to even do a quality job of that. A 40 year old relocated QB isn't going to take that to the promise land. Even when we signed Farve we had a better roster. Tampa basically built an all star team when they got Brady. Our situation will likely be closer to the colts situation the last few years. Plus Q is asking for a new contract before camp starts, and what are we going to mortgage to sign Rodgers?

This whole situation is desperation and wishful thinking. It might be fun, and maybe that's the best we can hope for, but were not a SB team if we get old man Rodgers. That said, like everyone is saying, so much of our immediate future depends on what the final deal would be.

17. JetsNation06

Denver clearly didn't think so. Geno Smith is one of the 3 candidates for comeback player of the year and it was the best year of his career. That's usually a tough act to follow and reproduce.

They both sucked at their most recent job before coming to the Jets. The similarity is there. If you think Hackett is a good OC, then that's on you.

He's not and the only reason he's here is because the Jets brass and ownership are desperate to get Aaron Rodgers.

Strategy and the Jets have never gone hand in hand. Ever.

ouchy likes this.
  18. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

You tell 'em, tiger!

LOL your "bravery", or mine, is irrelevant. We are sitting here in our office or wherever, typing on a device and on Sundays we sit on the couch and watch them play the game. Some of us are reasonable people who see we have literally no offensive line, questionable depth in WR, LB, and elsewhere, a jackass owner who never fails to fuck things up, and no ectra draft picks this year... do you want to burn them on a 39-yr-old QB who may or may not already be in decline and who probably will come in like a mercenary not giving a shit about this franchise, mentoring young QBs, or anything else, and who will surely leave us back at square one at QB in 1 or 2 years.

Who knows, maybe it actually works out and/or is fun for a year. But it's definitely no slam dunk over other options like getting Carr for far less salary/draft capital. I'm not even a Carr fan but Jimmy G is too brittle and IDK who else we can even get.

papapump, SOJAZ and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  19. bicketybam

Fair enough. I will let you on the bandwagon when we make our run to a championship next year

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The reality is that we are an offensive line and a QB away right now. It's possible that we need another RB and TE also. RB's are inherently unsound due to the injury factor and TE's tend to lose it faster at 29-30 than any other position - probably due to size mismatches in the blocks they have to make.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.