For those with open mind, an article about Hackett...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Jan 26, 2023.

1. burf

burf Well-Known Member

(Mods: if you can give this a bit before merging, so interested folks can read it... thanks)

I stumbled upon this when trying to find positives about Hackett.
    It's a pretty detailed read about who he is, & helped ease my initial reaction to his hire.
    And his personality, just may be the type of person to reach Zach, Elijah, Mims, etc... if anyone can.
    So, for those with an open mind that want to learn more about the guy, check this out from 2021, before his Denver misadventures...

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/09/16/n...er-to-top-head-coaching-candidate-daily-cover

#1 burf, Jan 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

So he played football at the same school Ken O'Brien went to? Doesn't mean anything, of course, but a nice little Jets connection.

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

No problem. Will keep this here for a while and eventually merge with the main thread. Thanks for giving heads up

burf likes this.
  4. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting:
    It seems as though Hackett was in over his head in Denver. 1st time as a head coach and enormous expectations as Denver traded away assets for Wilson in with a win now mentality. That's a tough spot for any 1st time head coach, let alone at the NFL level.

I'm sure we all hope this hire allows Nathanial to get back to what he does best, connect with players and call plays that take advantage of matchups.

Keep in mind that his system has West Coast principals. The receivers and line won't have to learn an entirely new system/verbiage.

5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Open mind!? On MY gang green forum?? Someone get this man out of here!

Centiment and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

god

help me

smh

all i can do is wait n see

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks! But you know there are only about half a dozen openminded posters here, right?:D

After reading this, I am now officially enthused about his hiring. And I'm even more convinced that beyond possibly being the "bait" to get Rodgers, he's also going to be the guy to unlock Zach. I think he has exactly the right make up and thought process to do that. Out of the many highlights in this article, this is the one that gives me the best feeling:

"“He talks about teachers, and what defines a good teacher compared to a bad teacher,” he says. “A bad teacher will always blame the student or the group or the person for not obtaining information rather than reflecting or looking at yourself, finding a way to reach not only the masses but every single person. You can grab their attention and help them learn the material no matter how dry, easy, complicated or in-depth it might be. That personifies his teaching habits.”"

I wrote in another thread recently regarding Zach's ADD/ADHD that many people (not just those with that condition) learn differently than simple rote repetition and memorization. These people often do much better with what has become to be called experiential learning. From the various examples in this article on how NH goes about teaching/coaching, this is how he does it. If so, I believe this will make a world of difference for Zach and a number of other players on the team.

I'm excited.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hackett? AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH

9. burf

burf Well-Known Member

It's not only here, generally, few people care to educate themselves to get a whole picture, before forming an opinion. I had some Hackett bias from his dad's time here, so I wanted to go beyond that. Now, I can see how a curmudgeon like AR loves the guy.
    One thing that Zach mentioned, after his benching, was learning to have fun again.
    I thought of Zach, with this quote...
    That's the type of thing that could snap a kid out of his head, after a mistake.
    While I still have a few reservations, I'm ok with the hire.
    I like that he uses RBs, in pattern, & not just on screens. With a guys like Breece, Bam, & even TJ, that can be a great asset to open up the whole field for attack, with their YAC abilities.
    Now onto bringing the offense together again, without divisive bs to distract.
    And of course, who will be the QB...

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I haven’t been this excited since the Tony Sparano hiring.

ConcordeChops likes this.
  11. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

12. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I stopped reading at "open mind".

When are we firing this bum?

Centiment likes this.