Nathaniel Hackett hired as OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

It's hilarious to think people saying this makes no sense unless we get Rodgers!!! But it wouldn't surprise me give a boat load to get A QB who is 39, So Jets like

barfolomew and ouchy like this.
  2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

So Namath was great in the early 70's and didn't look so hot with the Rams. That means he would have been a good signing post-rams?

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

well that's the question - what will it cost - I have seen lots of chatter about the Packers wanting two first round picks to trade Rodgers - that is way too much for a guy that might retire soon and that is declining, if we could get him for not too much as the Packers want to rebuild then sure why not.

barfolomew likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah Im sure it had nothing to do with being last in the league in scoring

A real question - why do you praise everything this organization does? are you ever critical of a decision they make?

Ralebird and barfolomew like this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The point is, he can succeed when things are going well. I think the Jets are on an upswing right now. Very strong defense. Solid offensive weapons. Just need a QB. It lines up with Hackett having a solid season this year. I don't understand the fans who just assume he is terrible. Doesn't make sense. However, he has had terrible seasons like 2022 in Denver. So the possibility for failure is there, but so is success. And I think the Jets are leaning towards success at the moment.

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I have no clue where you're trying to go with this

SOJAZ and KingRoach like this.
  7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Holy cow man--it looks like you're going to be the Hackett cheerleader much like the ZW cheerleaders--cmon man--use the good side of the force. This signing is asinine by the looks of it. Maybe it will work out.

8. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

To me this screams the Jets are pursuing Aaron Rogers. I just hope they don't blow getting Carr because of waiting on Rogers and then not get Rogers anyway!

JohnnyP123456 and barfolomew like this.
  9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

You imply earlier in his career Hackett had success as a reason to be optimistic.

But you discount his most recent results.

BrowningNagle and barfolomew like this.
  10. burf

burf Well-Known Member

This was one of the positives I got from Saleh's presser. He wants another experienced offensive mind in the mix, like their initial plan with Knapp.
    Makes me feel a smidge better...

11. BroadwayAaron

Im sure getting less than half a season from Fournette in a run heavy offense that masks the QB's inefficiencies and forcing that QB to throw to Dede Westbrook and Donte Moncrief (both out of the league now) had nothing to do with that. No one is calling Hackett the next coming but come on, this place is DRAMATIC this morning.

12. BroadwayAaron

The recent results as a head coach? Yes I'd take those a little lighter considering he's hired to be the offensive coordinator.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I agree - I don't assume he is going to be terrible - I just don't see him doing much to change things and I don't think pretty much any OC would (which is why I can't get too exicted about it) - pretty much all teams that have success have a QB that is playing well and who the OC is doesn't really seem to make much difference - whereas I don't think I have ever seen an OC come in to a situation where a QB sucks and turned things around (other than perhaps where a QB is in their first year or two and still getting used to the speed of the game, but that's more just their own development rather than down to the OC)

my main concern is the Jets then offer up a load of draft capital to bring in Rodgers who then fails to deliver and retires at the end of the year

barfolomew and The Dark Knight like this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

Try backreading if you think I'm a Hackett cheerleader. I'm a fan of logic and not being dramatic.

SOJAZ and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  15. chinopec

chinopec Member

I remember the old days when you hired someone who was successful at their previous employment. Guess that’s not our way same with gase

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Thanks, not optimist as much as I use to be….just hopeful.

SOJAZ likes this.
  17. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

This signing only makes sense if we already have a deal in place with the Pack and Rodgers ok'd it conditionally on Hackett being the OC. If so, we should hear something very soon.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets need an OL also. Maybe 2 solid pieces right now assuming AVT returns in good shape.

The Dark Knight and barfolomew like this.
  19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

For some perspective. Adam Gase's offenses in Denver finished 1st and and 2nd overall in consecutive seasons. That didn't mean he was a great OC. It simply meant he had a lot of talent to work with.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You are definitely thinking like a Jets fan who has been through a lot. I can't blame you. It's January though, which is where my optimism usually returns, and it is back at the moment! :)

barfolomew likes this.