Nathaniel Hackett hired as OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I think Rodgers is going to ask Green Bay to trade him to NY

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Before this signing was announced, Vegas had the Jets at +3500 to win the Super Bowl, which would put them 10th.

After this signing, we are now +3000, which is 8th.

A team that finished on a 6 game losing streak, got the worst QB play in the league, and didn't score a TD in the final 3 games of the year wouldn't be top 8 favorite without this happening. I'm sold.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

What happens with Zach? He gets paid too much, just jeep him on the bench?

4. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

I am not sure how to feel about it but I just hope it works out for the best!

KY Jets Fan and burf like this.
  5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Because of who the OC is? That's strange to say the least. It's not like he is the HC.

6. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

His dad was the worst OC in my NYJ-watching lifetime. I hated Paul Hackett so much that I cursed him and all of his offspring, so we're fucked.

#46 Savatage, Jan 26, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  7. dawinner127

How is it mortgaging everything? There is no chance this trade is 2 first round picks. None whatsoever.

All of those players you just mentioned are on rookie deals. The window to win is right now while all those players are on their rookie deals.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I still don't know how you can be this confident in saying something extremely possible has no chance of happening.

9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yes

Ralebird and Borat like this.
  10. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

We all thought that when Hackett was hired by the Broncos and it never happened so I am not convinced that Rodgers deal is in the works

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Oh no, Paul was his dad???

:(

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If the Jets are hiring this guy without a Rodgers plan they can execute successfully, that tells me Douglas is shit, Saleh is shit, and the Jets are not serious about winning. Not going to give them any more of my time.

13. dawinner127

Douglas isn't a moron. Every trade Douglas has made since he has been here, he is the one fleecing, not the other way around. I would go even as far as saying I don't think they even give up #13 this year.

'23 2nd with a conditional '24 1st if he plays in 2024. That's the package. They are going to get some sort of retirement protection out of this if it happens.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

1st round picks 2024
    Conditional 2nd round pick 2024 (if Aaron takes Jets to Afc champ game)
    4th round pick 2023
    Corey Davis

SOJAZ and LAJet like this.
  15. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

The Jets have been building and re-building for 60-something years. They are built. The Jets are here. They need a QB. Rodgers is a stud. Rodgers puts the Jets in the Superbowl conversation. Rodgers makes the Jets a team that can go toe-to-toe with Allen, Mahomes, Herbert and Burrow. Enough waiting and holding on to picks so they can what? draft Archie Manning jr. The time is now. Strike while the iron is hot, while the young Jets are in their rookie contracts.

Monday Night Football here we come. Go Jets.

16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This was the hire I DIDN’T want. Mostly because I still hate Paul Hackett THAT much. But also for more football related reasons too…he sucked at Denver and he had a great QB in Russell who did shit in his system. He didn’t actually call plays in GB and he had Rodgers to save him anyway.

I get the ARod speculation now and based on our QB draft failures, even a 39 year old ARod is worlds better than what we’ve had, but we can’t really afford to give up much in a trade for a one or two year deal…

I don’t know….I’m not a fan of this hire at all…I get some guys are good coordinators are not good HCs (Bowles and McDaniels were two good examples given earlier) but man I just can’t get behind this hire.

I didn’t like any of the candidates we’ve heard about and I don’t like this hire either…I guess if we get ARod then maybe it’s worth it but man this is JD build from the ground up via the draft plan…this just looks like a desperate staff feeling the heat from Woody and throwing their chips in and saying fuck it…all in…Rodgers may just retire..he may not come here…wh9 the fuck knows…

just totally underwhelmed at this news

17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Are we convincing ourselves that he’ll be good yet?

IIMeanDeanII and HomeoftheJets like this.
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The Hackett hire is interesting, and great, if it includes trading for Aaron Rodgers. If it does not, and you have to assume it does not, I wonder what QB the Jets could sign/trade for to lead this offense? I can't trust Hackett to fix Zach Wilson. He somehow made Russell Wilson worse. I overall like the hire though. It is a solid staff. Denver was a disaster though. Can't overlook how truly terrible it was.

I pointed out all the reasons Rodgers would want to be a Jet:
    -Top 5 Defense (Which he experienced first hand)
    -Weapons like Breece Hall, Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore.
    -New York market.

Now throw in the familiarity with his friend Nathaniel Hackett and it is a home run option for Rodgers. The questions are
    1. Does he want to play?
    2. Does Green Bay want to move on from Rodgers and start Love?
    3. Will Rodgers accept a trade to the Jets?
    4. Will the Jets work out a deal with the Packers for Rodgers?

If any of those answers are No, then Rodgers to the Jets is not happening. So it still seems unlikely to me, but as I wrote yesterday: It is a true possibility.

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Idk about trade, but other than Rodgers, the only QB we're getting now in free agency is someone who can't get a starting job anywhere else.

20. burf

burf Well-Known Member

For what it's worth...