2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think Carr is fine. Garoppolo is fine. Both can likely help the Jets compete and make the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers makes them legitimate Super Bowl contenders. Now he has not won one or been to one in 12 years, but the Packers are always close and don't usually have that great of a roster. I would take the risk on Rodgers.

Now you brought up Lamar Jackson too. I wouldn't worry about the offensive scheme if the Jets trade for him. He instantly makes the offense much better. I think Rodgers gives them the best chance for success in 2023 though.

Normally, I would not get caught up in crazy talk in the off-season like acquiring Rodgers. but it somehow feels like a realistic possibility this year.

bicketybam likes this.
  2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

3. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No to Rodgers. Already did that circus once with Favre. Hard Pass. Rodgers seems like such an egomaniac, like next level ego I'm talking. I honestly think he would come to the Jets for the PR and the attention just as much as trying to win.

Carr is a good deal younger and has proven he can put up high level numbers year after year. That works for me.

NY Jets68 and papapump like this.
  4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Really don't see it as the same thing. Favre used the Jets to get to the Vikings. Pretty sure if Rodgers came here he would stay for a few years.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Rodgers is a dogshit human but the Favre situation went bad because of injury, not because of anything Favre did. We were on track to win the AFC East and knocked off the undefeated Titans right before Favre hurt his throwing arm and it all went to shit. That can happen to any QB.

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

^ I just meant how Favre hijacked several NFL offseasons with everyone waiting for his decision year after year. Me, me, me shit. Rodgers has been doing the same thing in recent years.

7. BroadwayAaron

well this part is fair. I can’t stand Rodgers but he’s currently the best option we have to win a Super Bowl.

Poeman and JetsNation06 like this.
  8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Feel the same

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Very true. Turns out Farve is a dogshit human too funnily enough.

10. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

I dont wanna see Brady or Rodgers on my team. f those twats.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Favre lied about his injury, used the Jets organization just to get out of GB to Minny, created an embarrassing in-season scandal and half-assed the whole time here.

but yeah it was just an unfortunate injury

Favre & Rodgers are both “dogshit humans”

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

Feel like it was pretty obvious I was talking about football when I distinguished my feelings between Rodgers the human and Rodgers the QB. Favre was and has become an even bigger sack of shit

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

They don't really save anything by trading before June 1, but split same dead CAP hit into two years. The CAP works like this: if they trade him before June 1st, all the money they paid him in bonus upfront, which wasn't previously counted against their CAP before due to CAP manipulations they did will now count. That means 40 mil will count for 2023, then in 2024 Aaron is completely off the books. If they cut him post June 1, Aaron's dead CAP will count 16 mil in 2023 (his original 2023 prorated bonus), and the rest of the 40 mil (24 mil) will count in 2024. So, to make a long story short, cut before June 1, it's 40 mil in 2023, then off the books. Cut post June 1, 16 mil in 2023, 24 mil in 2024, then off the books.

I actually feel GB may prefer to take one big hit in 2023. That's what teams do, they push the CAP down the road, then pick a year when it all hits them and suck that year, then CAP comes off the books, they get a great 1st round pick, and have plenty of money the following year. It would makes sense for GB too. They get to see if Love is good, and if he is not next year they have a really great pick to start over with new QB. Also I don't really see the Jets waiting until June 1, and GB would want some picks this year I would assume. So, this trade in theory can happen pretty soon and become official March 15, a la Stafford.

As far as how it impacts the Jets, it doesn't. We are not going to take on any of these 40 mil. What the Jets will be responsible for is 58 mil dollar bonus they will have to pay him (whether traded before or after June 1st and they have to pay by week 1 2023). Also 1 mil base in 2023, for total of 59 mil. In 2024 Jets will have to pay 47 mil bonus and 2 mil base, for total 49 mil. These 108 mil (and change) WILL count against the Jets CAP. They way the contract is structured, assuming he plays these two years, then retires, officially submitting paperwork after June 1 2024, these 104 mil will be spread over 4 years starting in 2023: 16, 32, 30, 30. So, he will count for 30 mil each for 2 years after he retires. Or 1 year 60, if they Jets want to do it that way. We can't really kick the can down the road too much here, because Aaron is old and will only be playing for a couple of more years.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

15. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Rodgers football drama just doesn't make it worth it. He's made it completely about himself and nothing will change if he goes to a new team. Even though I'm not a Carr or Jimmy G guy I'd rather have either one cause at least I know they are about the team.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Huge old twats

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

bicketybam and Borat like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

yes it’s true I think people with a massive platform that push misinformation and disrespect medical professionals are dogshit humans but unfortunately for the Jets next QB it doesn’t end there.

Bailing on his own family?
    Being a 9/11 conspiracy theorist?
    Preaching to teammates about chemtrails?

he’s an idiot.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

But.. he's gonna be JD's idiot.. That's what matters most. Saving Zach at any cost even if it means bringing in a 38 yo Qb who for all intent and purposes should be retiring.

20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I heard George Santos has good things to say about him.

KY Jets Fan likes this.