Zach Wilson - MERGED (All Zach Threads will be merged here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yep, great answer if you're looking to attack a poster; terrible answer if you're looking to attack a post.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If the Jets keep Zach, it indicates that they still believe in his potential to become what they drafted him for, regardless of all the "expert" opinions here. And if that's the case they should be looking ahead and taking his strengths and weaknesses into account as one of the factors in considering who the next OC, QBC coaches are. Obviously, the main consideration is to find the best overall fit for all the players they have, especially whichever QB they bring in.

barfolomew likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Financially it makes more sense to keep him than cut him. So no, I don’t think if they keep him on the roster it is an indication they believe in him

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he was a practice squad guy so it’s impossible to “disappoint.” But as a player I don’t think he will stick, he had poor vision

5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

The OL completely turned to shit at the tail end of the year... injuries caught up

barfolomew likes this.
  6. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

What's the difference if he came off the practice squad or from somewhere else. You trying to imply you,/ fans in general, had zero expectations for him so anything he did was gravy? he showed some flash initially but then was just ordinary. He was part of a unit that didn't give us much of anything. i watched every minute of every game and we had a woeful running game. i bet most fans were disappointed in our running game after Hall.

7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

He’s attacking your post for having a straw man argument.

Since a majority of your posts have a straw man argument it could been seen as attacking a poster

I didn’t fully appreciate how deep the post was…. Post of the decade.

8. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I guess my point to you, is that they're doing what you want them to.
    By their actions, at this moment, Zach aint their #1 anymore... at most he'll be in a competition.
    They gave Zach, as their big investment, less than 2 years as the presumptive FQB.
    For whatever reason, which we probably disagree about, he didn't progress.
    In a sense, Jets management (including Saleh), are starting the clock again with Zach.
    How long that clock ticks depends upon how Zack progresses, & if they're able to bring in an able OC, & other able coaches.
    They'll probably do now, what wiser coaches would've done with Zach (in '21), had Saleh been wiser in hiring his initial OC.

With how the whole O looked at the end of the season, Zach is probably not their prime consideration, as they look for an OC. But his development is obviously high on their priority list, otherwise, they'd be finding a creative way to send him away.
    As far as Zach's mental traits, I was with you on that... but, I've seen flashes of all the various mental traits an NFL QB needs. So, I think it's in there. Whether he can develop them, &/or whether a good coach can draw it out of him, remains to be seen.
    But, fret not, as clueless as the organization has been over the years, there is nothing they've said, or most importantly, nothing they've done since season's end, that implies they're giving Zach a pass anymore.
    He's gonna have to earn his way to competent backup QB, let alone FQB.
    Of course, tomorrow Saleh may hire Sinbad LaFleur, Matt's 2nd cousin, & I'll retract everything I've said.

9. Ralebird

That's a possible indication. The other possible indication is that no other team in the NFL believes in Wilson enough to pick up even the remainder of his rookie contract.

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  10. Ralebird

You, obviously, would not know a strawman argument if it bit you in the ass.

11. KingRoach

Ok

12. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

1. When the owner says they are a quarterback away and they are willing to spend to get one here, that means they don't have one, not they need to develop what they have already.
    2. The coach and GM need to win next year to save their jobs. The last thing on their minds when bringing in an OC will be zach wilson.
    3. If it made sense to get rid of him financially, or they could get any value for him they would do it.
    Like Ralebird said, no team would even want him. Don't take what Saleh says about still believing in Wilson to heart. They are moving on.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  13. KingRoach

General rule of thumb: When you have to reference Ralebird to prove a point, the point is trash.

bicketybam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. Ralebird

Gratuitous personal attack. Nothing on topic at all. If you have nothing to contribute to the discussion why embarrass yourself by putting anything here?

“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt.”

15. burf

burf Well-Known Member

And that's where we'll disagree.
    You're stating your suppositions as fact.
    None of us has any idea what's in their heads.
    What I do know is they've invested heavily in Zach.
    And then the suppositions start.
    Firstly, when they say they're a QB away, if they truly believe that, they're in trouble... simply because they're far from a QB away. Also, they could be saying they don't have a QB that's ready to lead the team, & need to go outside the organization to find one.
    To me, logically, if a player they've invested in is still on the team, they're not going to just ignore him.
    In other words, Zach is most likely not "the last thing on their minds."
    While he's no longer the prime focus, he's still a focus, & will be, until he develops, or is jettisoned off the team.

16. KingRoach

Ok

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Evan Roberts brought up an interesting point today. If we get a veteran QB, we're likely getting him for multiple years. Zach has two years of control left and the 5th year option which at this point should not be exercised. So, if our veteran is going to play during his rookie contract's final years, might as well trade him and get what little we can and have a more competent backup in place.

18. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I don't listen to sports talk much, but I happened to hear him say that.
    I actually think whatever the 'plan' is for Zach, is still in flux.
    I suspect when Hackett gets here in a few weeks, one thing he'll be reviewing is Zach.
    If he thinks Zach's a lost cause, or not worth the effort, it's still very possible they'll be looking for a way to move on.
    I don't buy into the narrative that the organization doesn't want to admit they were wrong.
    A roster spot is huge, & unless they really think he's worth the effort, they're not going to jeopardize their jobs.
    After how they've mishandled him, though, I'd still like to see if the new OCS can help him see the light...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

whats with all this strawman argument pablum

smfh

poster sounds like a frickin parrot

strawman
    strawman
    strawman

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner