Best possible OC/QB combination

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AtlantaJet, Jan 25, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

The Jets are in the unique position of hiring a new OC while also acquiring a new starting QB. Of all the possible combinations of who is available what would be the best possible combination, where

1) The incoming QB is familiar with OC's system
    2) The OC's system is favorable to Zach's strengths, and the OC would probably be good at developing Zach
    3) The incoming QB's play style is at least somewhat similar to Zach's and he would likely be a good mentor

I have no idea what the answer is, what do you all think? Even if Zach is taken out of the picture, what is the best answer for number 1?

boozer32 likes this.
  2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

3. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Reich-Brady

I don’t care if they’re familiar with each other. They’re both good at what they do

KingRoach and Jets-N-Terps like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. Slam dunk.

5. NOVAJET

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No doubt about it! I think he is going to be a WR1 in fantasy with any decent upgrade at QB this year.

7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that would feel sick if Brady came to the Jets?

8. JetFanInNE

I don’t care about laundry, I want to fucking win. I also badly want to beat the patriots!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. NOVAJET

I would be absolutely repulsed. He looks like a shell of himself, let him wither and end his career in Vegas where he will fit in looking like he is on a 3 day bender. Sorry, not typically my MO but I really just don't want him here. Does he know how to win, sure. Can I spend 2 minutes to Google Brady making fun of the Jets and get a thousand articles where he basically laughs at our team and fan base, sure. Sorry, hard no for me.

10. NOVAJET

No bad blood btw JetFanInNE but we are clearly on opposite ends of this one lol. I respect the wanting to win, if it was 5 years ago Brady I would have been a little closer to your side but unfortunately even then I'm out. The wounds are just too deep.

Jedi mind tricks likes this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I would too.

12. JetFanInNE

Hey man no hard feelings whatsoever. Being a Jets fan living in Boston the man has tormented me for years, both with his play on the field and the fanbase making my life hell. Half of me just wants him because I know it would kill those same fans who I had to listen to gloat for all those years. The other half: if you can’t beat ‘em, join em!

13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I don't know

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Brady (Tom) & whoever he wants as his OC

Jim Gray is Brady's good friend, they have been on the radio together for years and years. Gray simply asked him if he had a timetable for when he might decide on next season and Brady cursed him out!

I think we want this version of Tom Brady. A legend who is divorced, pissed off and not giving a fuck anymore about anything else but kickin ass on the field

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's no best possible combination. Every combination you can come up with has positives and negatives and the potential to wind up in a deep hole.

What the Jets need to do before next season starts is what they should have been doing for the last 3 seasons:

1. Fix the OL in a way that we can at least squint and see all of them still playing for the Jets in 3 seasons time. Until the Jets fix the OL nothing else is going to matter.

2. Find an NFL-caliber QB to put out there behind that OL.

3. Figure out what the defense is going to look like and sign the younger players eligible to deals that will keep that framework in place for the next 3 seasons.

Any effort to improve the team for 2023 that does not take into account the aftermath in '24 and '25 is likely to be spinning our wheels and heading into '24 in the same pickle we're in this off-season.

16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If Brady wants for stick it to the Pats, he will sign with the team that has already flirted with him in the past: the Miami Dolphins.

KingRoach likes this.
  17. JetFanInNE

I think at this point they’re more committed to Tua than they were a year ago. They just have to make sure they have a good backup on the team to cover for any future concussions. Besides, it’s probably a bad look to go after him after the allegations that came out about tampering.

If he wants to stick it to the Pats, we’re the team that will REALLY help him achieve that. Pats fans don’t like the Dolphins. They openly HATE us! Belichick openly hates us. Aside from Pittsburgh or maybe Baltimore, there’s no bigger “fuck you!” team in the NFL for the Patriots and their fans than the New York Jets

ColoradoContrails and NY Jets68 like this.
  18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Pining for Brady on this team is like selling your ass in a truck-stop bathroom for crack.....

19. NOVAJET

You're not wrong. There is no question the biggest FU to Billy boy would be to sign with the Jets. Problem for me is even if he wins a super bowl here it just wouldn't feel right after all the years of him openly poking fun at our team and fan base. Feel like he is an arrogant fuck and would do it just to say he showed us how to win and we needed him to do it. I think Rogers is the better player at this point in their careers and could come with help at LT and WR.

stinkyB likes this.
  20. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

f no

Ralebird, IIMeanDeanII and papapump like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.