Studs and Duds 2022-2023 NFL season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 8, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

your trying to quantify a grey area but failing hard. "extremes" to me would be a 2k yard WR or 6k yard QB. thats extreme. for a head coach, it's based on team success. for a coordinator it's based on success of that unit. the defense was top 5 so ulbrich gets it. the offense was awful so MLF got a dud. the team overall met or exceeded every expectation therefore HC gets a stud. it's much more simple then your making it because you like to disagree and argue but do so without ever making a single point to your argument. which makes people around here think you are just trolling and why you never seem to get a discussion where you feel like you are taken seriously

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Can you give him the last word so he stops posting? He's never going to stop. Pretend you concede. It's what most of us do these days. Then Walter Mitty and move on to his next battle.

3. GasedAndConfused

LMAO oh i know. it's just funny every time still

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If that's what you wanted to do why not just rate the team as a stud or a dud? Your list is all based on individuals. The head coach has to be judged on what he, as an individual, does to win consistently, not what anyone else does while he has them on the field, or under a headset. The defense was good but even you admit the offense was awful; no one can make a case that the special teams were better than average. Where's the balance? The team's record was mediocre. The team totally collapsed. But you somehow made the guy responsible for it all a "stud."

Instead of your dime store analysis of what I do and why I do it, why not just start over and show us those things that Robert Saleh did, produced or decided on that brought the Jets sufficient success in 2022 for him to be called a stud. I can't find them in anything you've written and never saw them all year. Justify your decision, don't rationalize with excuses. Unless you're really that into catchy slogans.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that’s really some brain dead analysis

surely there’s a bit of space between “stud” and “dud” … what happens if a guy is just average?

Ralebird likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

the head coach is responsible for the success of the team. and for saleh his "side" is defense. we expected to win around 7 games. we expected to have a shot at the playoffs in december. both happened. the defense went from bottom 3 to top 5. so he met and exceeded all the standards. very simple here.

7. GasedAndConfused

I listed like 10 people out of like 60 possible people so I think that answers that

8. Ralebird

The NFL standard is to win every game; if you win less than half you're at the low end of mediocrity - there's nothing studly about 7 - 10, even if that's what you expected. The defense, one third of the game, was never in the bottom three this year and that's what you claimed you were rating. You may have expected a shot at the playoffs in December, the rest of us recognize the reality of the Jets losing every game they played.

Once again, it's your list so you can judge anybody however you want but when you post it here it will be critiqued.

Jets69 likes this.
  9. Ralebird

You mean most of the players can be rated mediocre, but the head coach cannot?

10. GasedAndConfused

lol critiquing is fine. but your inability to understand anything is astounding. you aren't critiquing, you are just being wilfully ignorant and I only reply because it amuses me up to a point and now we are past that point.
    I will give you 1 piece of advice though, since you have the same discussions with everyone here the same way over and over. there is an old saying where if there is an issue with 1 person, it's likely them, if you have an issue with everyone telling you the same thing, then it's probably you.

11. Ralebird

You think that highly of yourself that you give advice now? If I wanted, or needed, your advice I would have asked for it. You continue to fail to support your original post. You have contradicted yourself in the standards you set by not grading every player or coach but giving a "stud" grade to Saleh by saying he met expectations, as if that's all that should be required to be a stud. It's your rating - own it without such lame excuses for how poorly you did at it.

#111 Ralebird, Jan 28, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    Jets69 and Centiment like this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

i gave every valid reason why, you just chose to ignore it because it didn't fit your narrative and you like arguing with people for no reason because you can't comprehend them.

13. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Just go the ignore route. It's perfect for posters like him.

14. Ralebird

If contending that meeting expectations is all it took to call the guy a "stud" is a reason to do so then I guess you did explain it - as I said many times, it's your list. Just about everyone here is looking for something more positive than that. And no, I can't comprehend "meeting expectations" being anything but mediocre. In no definition is mediocrity being a stud.

15. Ralebird

Ignore this, Bam Bam.

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Every fucking thread... :p

[​IMG]

17. GasedAndConfused

i know you can't comprehend it but it doesn't make it not true. people can't comprehend the earth is round but it's still factual. I'll try 1 more time to make it simple. I Expect mahomes to have 4000 yards and 30 TDs every year. if he does that he's a stud. he doesn't need 5000 yards and and 50TDs to be a stud. next year i expect the jets to make the playoffs but not win a SB. so if we make the playoffs saleh is a stud. based on your logic since he's expected to make the playoffs making it makes him mediocre and not a stud and he has to win a SB to be a stud. thats why your logic doesn't make sense.

18. GasedAndConfused

this is my 1st time seeing it and holy shit is it apt and accurate. i think it'll go over "some peoples" head though

ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I believe @HomeoftheJets first dug it up... kudos to him if he did.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Thanks lol, it was the good old days of TGG when we could all agree that Gase sucked.

Acad23 and GasedAndConfused like this.