2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I do think he would come cheaply if he’s at all intrigued by the opportunity to beat Belichick twice a year. Which I assume he would love the opportunity. Plus his son lives in New York

2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

And if you spend 10 minutes with the slightest hint of internet savvy you will also find dozens of articles of him insulting and belittling the Jets. Sorry, fuck Tom Brady.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. JetFanInNE

I live in Boston, I don’t need to check the internet for what he’s said. I also know that prominent Red Sox players have signed with the Yankees and vice versa. We root for laundry. Nothing more. Brady or bust.

KingRoach likes this.
  4. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Hard to see Brady or Rodgers being in optimum shape for cold weather late season games due to their advancing age, declining skills and overall longer NFL season. For the first time in his career, Brady was under .500 and looked even worse than that in his one playoff game against the Cowboys. His 6.4 yds/att was the worst of his career and one yard less than his career avg of 7.4. Brady's 3.4 TD Pct. was two below his career 5.4 TD Pct. All this while playing in a division filled with stink bombs from top to bottom.

Rodgers, who was also playing in a crap division with three of the worst defenses in the NFC, had his worst career QB rating (91.1) and second to worst yds/att (6.8), which was about a yard less than his career avg of 7.7. TD pct also down from a career 6.2 to 4.8 in 2022. He was unable to win the last game at home and put the Pack into the playoffs against a Lions team which was playing for nothing. Does this sound like a $58M QB? Please.

Both Brady and Rodgers lost important late home games to teams they should have beaten had they been playing up to their ability. They both looked tired, slow and a shadow of their former selves in their last games. You're not bringing them here to win a few games in Sept and Oct and call it a season, are you? Their complete lack of mobility does not help and paints the offense into a corner when it comes to mixing things up and adding variety.

If the Jets think they can succeed with a QB who averages 6.5 yards/att, they already have one on their roster which won't cost them a penny, is a lot more mobile and should be a lot fresher at season's end than the overpriced rocking chair crew, who are only looking for their retirement nuggets. After seeing the beating Mike White took against the Bills, chances are neither Brady, nor Rodgers make it to the end of the season unscathed.

Jets haven't had a clue about how to properly handle this QB thingy for a couple of decades now, but not to worry, they got this.

NY Jets68 and Since1969 like this.
  5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

i dont even like the model never mind the agents mentioned.

brady? rodgers? twats.

unlikeable arrogant arshelochs.

only one big name lights my fire. LJ.

tepid about Carr.

Brissett over Minshew if we are doing that cheap route.

Ralebird, Lon Chaney and Nyjets4eva like this.
  6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

In fairness, he was surrounded by a lack of talent that would make Braxton Berrios embarrassed to play for them.

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The AFC is an absolute monster right now, and for years to come. It's hard to imagine Brissett or Minshew going through the gauntlet of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert, Jackson, Lawrence.

So could Carr or Jimmy G do it? Maybe but everything would have to fall into place.

I say bring in Rodgers for 2 years. Try to win a SB and draft QBs in the mid rounds to try and develop. Then maybe someone shakes free in 2025.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

This is the Jets we are talking about here, so it will probably end up being Brissett or Minshew and we'll all have another quarterback to complain about when we barely miss the playoffs again.

stinkyB likes this.
  9. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

At this point, I believe Woody is so desperate for a playoff appearance that he would go after Rodgers if for only 2 serviceable years. This of course means we are back to square one after he leaves/retires.

But I think we as fans as just as desperate too, right?

We haven't had a franchise quarterback in decades, or arguably ever. Why start now?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

The risk is worth it, IMO. Gives the Jets the best chance at a super bowl the next 2 years.

Let's hope that Douglas is able to do it for one 1st round pick.

11. HackettSuxTNG

My only concern with the plan to trade from Rodgers is that it will use up draft picks that desperately need to be spent on this horrific offensive line. Who wants to see a QB in his 40s behind this dumpster fire of a line?

12. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Losing AVT made it look more horrific. With a healthy AVT, the line gets a huge upgrade.

I dont count Beckton, but it's also possible he is in shape next year due to the fact he needs to be to stay in the NFL for his next contract.

13. HackettSuxTNG

Beckton has done diddly/squat to give me any confidence that he is physically capable of making any contribution to this team whatsoever.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I did see on McAfee's show that Rodgers would be willing to restructure, that makes his acquisition a lot more enticing to me.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I asked this earlier but no one replied. Can someone with good understanding of how the CAP works answer?

Since the Packer would want to wait until after June 1 to make a deal/cut him to save that CAP hit, and the Jets would want him at least by March trading period to make decisions, could the Jets agree to give GB the money they'd lose by trading him earlier? Would that count against the Jets CAP? If they could do this, I'd say the Jets shouldn't offer any premium picks for Rodgers (maybe no picks) in return for paying their "fine". It would seem to work for everyone.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say it like that. If Joe Douglas makes the move, he knows he has to have future plans at QB after 2023 or 2024. They could keep working with Zach or possibly draft someone else to groom for 2 years too. I would love that plan.

And yes, fans are even more desperate than Woody, because we actually care!

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Lots of noise about Rodgers... it would be bold... and we have been bold before.
    I never thought I'd see Farve in a Jets uniform... so who knows.

I still think Carr is the best "fit"...

LaMarr would be a system nightmare... they'd need to rework the entire offensive scheme.
    Not sure the coaching staff is capable of getting the best out of him.

18. JetFanInNE

If he can be had for no more than a 2nd this year and a 3rd next (or flip them around) then fine, I guess I can accept it. I just worry about the cap hit this season when we’re probably going to have to give a big contract to Quinnen and fill some pretty gaping holes

Acad23 likes this.
  19. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

The cap hit is 15 mill. I think we can handle it.

20. JetFanInNE

Fair enough