Year End Grade: Joe Douglas - GM

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 1, 2023.

?

Your Year End Grade for Joe Douglas

1. A+ to A-

12.4%
  2. B+ to B-

53.7%
  3. C+ to C-

20.7%
  4. D or below

13.2%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Asshole? bicketydick? Dude sorry but no way I can let this go. Your 3 day ban will open on Tuesday. When you come back please don't resort to name calling.

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

ok I get it

Losing Cause

We all get to suffer on the sidelines...300 Feh

Do your part as a Fan and buy nothing

Maybe Woody can visit the Ukraine with his Ukrainian wife and get captured by Russians?? And I love Ukrainians btw

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have no real desire to visit the Big AC anytime in the near future. My last trip there was just OK. Nowhere near the experience of CitiField. As a Fan supporting them emotionally is a far as I go these days. Spending money on the Jets? Not anymore. The swag is too damn expensive anyway. The Big AC experience isn't worth the 3hr drive, the $50 parking or the cold hotdogs and whomever that is on the overhead trying to gas up the crowd needs another task as it always falls flat. Woody is up what? $4.5B since he bought the team? He's already golden.

barfolomew and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’s hard to give Wilson slack for 2 reasons (for me anyway).

1. I watched him play.
    2. The guy taken before him lead his (last in the league the prior year) team to winning their division and taking KC down to an onside kick in the divisional round.

These 2 QB’s are like night and day different.

barfolomew, NYJetsO12 and Jets69 like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I watched him play too. I saw all the warts and wrinkles, but I also saw some good stuff, and I also saw some shitty OL play and less than great receiver work, and shitty play calling that affected his performance - as similar stuff affected TL last year and then when he got a competent CS look what happened.

I agree that Lawrence is ahead of Zach and that maybe Zach will never even become a decent back up - I simply don't know. But much of not knowing is because the Jets fucked up his first 2 years of development, and that could've been enough to derail him altogether. But the Jets are going to stick with him apparently and hopefully get in some coaches that can work with him and the other young players, and employ a scheme that isn't so "genius" that the players can't execute it properly.

Centiment likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah good post. Resigning Moses shoulda been a no brainer, when you already have a guy in your building you don’t let him go like that

7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Book it >>ZW is a historical bust which imo is a reason JD should be fired along with incompetent Saleh

You are way too forgiving my friend and it took you months to admit ZW has been dogshit and not NFL material

I am sick and tired of false hope

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

#208 HomeoftheJets, Jan 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
    Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  9. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I think ZW has been a failure, im fact we all know he has been. That said, JD has put a really good team around the qb position. This is the most talented roster weve had since Rex ryans second year. We cant just kick jd to the curb. He's done well

Nyjets4eva and westiedog1 like this.
  10. Cman68

barfolomew likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

so fire a Gm who just drafted 3 pro bowlers in 1 draft because he missed on a QB 3 years ago?
    thats like cutting a pro bowl QB becuase they threw 1 INT 3 years ago. fans like you make the rest of us look bad

Jets79 likes this.
  12. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I think we should keep jd. I think we have the right gm and the right headcoach. That said, If zach continues to be a failure, jd will have missed on his most important pick. I think @NYJetsO12 is not seeing the full picture, but i get where he is coming from

NYJetsO12 and Ralebird like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

JD did a lot more wrong than just missing on Zach. If anything he's like a backup QB who has a 3 touchdown game and the fanbase overreacts to that.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

he literally just drafted an entire core in 1 draft. this 2022 draft is one of the best drafts any team has had in the past decade. probably since the seahawks draft of the legion of boom. even if we say his 1st 2 drafts sucked (which they didn't) he's clearly getting better with experiance. you fire people who don't improve, not people who are doing great now even if they were bad before

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Cman68

His record as GM so far is 20-45. That has to improve or he has to go. Nobody gets forever to learn how to be good at their job. Between now and the end of his contract, that record should almost flip. We can only hope.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree, but to fire him there has to be a clearly better option to replace him. As long as Woody owns the team do you trust him to make a good decision on this? Douglas isn't anywhere near as bad as most Jets GMs have been. I'd personally give him some latitude before firing him and hoping Woody could find someone better.

bicketybam likes this.
  17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

What's your opinion on the minimum number of wins in '23 that would buy him time? 9? 10?
    Just curious.

#217 NY Jets68, Jan 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  18. GasedAndConfused

eh it's hard to credit a GMs record to a team he took over that he had no say in building. I mean hell he gets credit for the 2019 which i mean we won 7 games but he had 0 say in the roster , draft, or coaching staff. he didn't take over until summer. then 2020 season happened which was the covid season and we started 0-10 and he still didn't have alot of say since gase was still here and he was tasked with rebuilding and trading off players for future assets. I think 2021 was the 1st season you could start judging his impact and this draft was based on trades made years ago

19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Were you against the Jets hiring him? I honestly can't remember. I do know you have been advocating for his firing for at least 2 years now.

20. HomeoftheJets

I wasn't against the Jets hiring him because I didn't know anything about him at the time other than what the media was reporting, and those reports seemed pretty good. I started calling for him to be fired in the second half of last season when it became clear his 2020 draft was terrible, and the team wasn't any better than what he inherited. He struck gold in the 2022 draft, which was so different from what he'd previously done that I'm willing to give him another year. But I still don't think he's a good GM or that he should get another chance to hire a coach if 2023 ends poorly.

NYJetsO12 and Br4d like this.