The next OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Jan 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Oof. Yeah I guess I have to change my vote to Roman as top choice

James Hasty and Borat like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Spot on all the way. Build on the base we have do not destroy the good that was done. Add a quality starter QB, keep and continue to develop Zach properly and re evaluate prior to option time. Draft OL, OL, LB or Safety, and QB. Free agency is to plug holes either as starters or back up depth, OL, LB.

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Greg Roman should be at the very top of the list. The guy's record is pretty outstanding. Even this year, when he got fired, yes, he had Lamar for 11 games, but Lamar did miss a lot of games and had no weapons. They finished 19th in points. 2021: 17th. Lamar also missed a lot of time. Here are his teams where he was OC:

2022: 19
    2021: 17
    2020: 7
    2019: 1

OC for Buffalo with no good QBs
    2016: 10
    2015: 12

OC for 49ers with Smith and Kapernik
    2014: 25
    2013: 11
    2012: 11
    2011: 11

That's 7 out of 10 seasons as OC in top 12 in points. Only one year finished below 20. Developed late first round QB pick into MVP and got the best out of other mid QBs. Familiar with WCO. I hope Saleh gets him into the building ASAP and does not let him leave without a contract.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Chargers, Ravens, Bucks, for starters, solid if not outstanding QB play shit canned the OC for lack of results. Never mind injuries, key personnel retiring on the OL and not replaced, they became scape goats because they couldn't adjust. Mind you, each of their offenses score more TDs in one game than we did in five, Yet their respective Defenses couldn't step up one bit, no to mention dreadful HC adjustments and play calling. They canned the wrong coaches IMV.
    We were a lot closer that we thought with zero QB play from frankly all three in the final stretch.
    We have some great, great choices to upgrade our CS if we strike properly, Roman, Lombardi, Leftwich, for starters, have a far deeper resume developing young talent and experienced game planning given adequate talent.
    Their dumb move is our gain. Meantime, Bowles and Staley stay at the helm. The shit show firing of coaches extends way beyond the mystery of the NYJs.

Nyjets4eva and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

My only concern about Roman is that I think the best QB fit for us is Carr, who isn't mobile enough to be ideal for a Roman offense. Nonetheless, if we can get him, he should be our top choice (not that I think he has any interest in coming here).

Borat likes this.
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That makes a strong argument for sure.

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Alex Smith sucked as a 26 year old before Roman came to SF with 82 max rating. The year he got there, rating went to 91, then 104. Kapernik delivered great years, including 98 rating under Roman. Tyrod Taylor became a Pro Bowler under him with 98 rating. Took Lamar as a rookie and developed into MVP. He basically developed Smith, Kapernik, Taylor, and Lamar into the best QBs they could be.

Alex Smith wasn't mobile. But it's OK to occasionally use your legs to get easy yards. This is what Jones is doing now. Carr doesn't have to become Lamar, Alex Smith didn't. To me Greg Roman is far and away the best choice that is out there. With someone like Carr, I actually think we may have top 12 offense too, like 7 out of his 10 pervious ones, and he can actually develop a QB. A no brainer hire if you ask me. I get that Ravens needed a scapegoat, but the overall results speak for themselves.

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Alex Smith was more mobile than people gave him credit for; he averaged 4.5 rushing yards per attempt and 15.0 rushing yards per game, compared to Carr who's averaged 3.0 rushing yards per attempt and 6.0 rushing yards per game. But I agree, if we can somehow convince Roman to come here, we should hire him.

Borat and stinkyB like this.
  9. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I think AR would actually take on the role of mentor in the twilight of his career to a young QB who idolizes him and is having trouble getting accustomed to the NFL.

If he can win a SB with the Jets that’s a big accomplishment for the resume

But if he can be a part of the development of a future FQB, that’s not something the other GOATS haven’t done. That makes him stand out. I think he might find that appealing.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Alex Smith was quite mobile.... That's what got him drafted #1 overall. Played the option QB under Meyer in college

HomeoftheJets and Losmeister like this.
  11. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

BEAT ME TO IT...

was abouwda say... Wut u talkin bout Willis?

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  12. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

the names previously mentioned are very iffy...

would we consider Klingsbury? I would CONSIDER him... but am on da fence.

same w/ Brady whod all that success w/ Burrow

" The first coach who built the perfect offense for Burrow was Joe Brady. He joined the LSU coaching staff as the passing game coordinator..."

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  13. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Roman found success with: Kapernick, Taylor, and Jackson…. Do we see a pattern?

He was brought in specifically to develop an offense for Jackson!!

What mobile QB are we bringing in for Roman to make sense here?

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

post of the year material

(although it’s still only January :) )

15. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Roman is the best OC available now. hands down! not even close.

Borat and James Hasty like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he can design a running game that’s for sure

grab Roman, pound the rock with Breece Hall. Draft & develop Anthony Richardson for that power RPO offense to take over in 24

17. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

That might be the best possible option right now. If we could get Richardson and Roman do you know what he could possibly do with him I like this idea a lot actually.

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  18. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Idk man our WRs are already frustrated. You bring in Roman I see that getting worse.

sozopol, JohnnyP123456 and Cman68 like this.
  19. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

This actually sounds like a JD play here. Out of left field, but really intriguing.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"I can’t believe how hard it is to see that we are not far from becoming a solid all around football team."

Not really Menace..We have and still have a good Defense..The Offense is a putrid shitshow of field goals and ZERO touchdowns

As I posted earlier Douglas got a HANDFUL of talented players>>Sauce G Wilson Breece Hall but the big picture is we have stupid owner surrounded by a grifting Coaching staff who have not done a good job..oh and I left out a BUST franchise QB

BTW you dont win games without points lol and without a decent coaching staff

Douglas could have got us Brian Daibol. ..He could have got us D Peterson . Instead he gets Saleh and his nepotism with the LaFleur family

Look at OC..who wants to work for these idiots ...Plus..who would join a staff who has everyone on the hottest seat to make playoff???Again when the firings of the present group come 10 months from now the dumb owner will know he had his chance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.