Studs and Duds 2022-2023 NFL season

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

fields was still doing this with his legs thats the reason why he wasn’t benched. Did you watch his games? I picked him up mid season in my fantasy league and he was putting up Allen type numbers so def not the same at all lol

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yes. Fantasy stats. That's why he wasnt benched

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

thats fantasy. his running was elite but his passing was horrific. you could give him a pass if their offense was passable but it wasn't. we were the 4th worst scoring offense in the NFL. they were 10th worse at only 1.7PPG better then us. fields running gave them an extra half a FG a game over what we got with zach. he should have been benched but wasn't. the panthers with a combo of walker, darnold, and mayfield had a better offense then what fields provided. hell the broncos should have benched wilson too. they didn't. you got to give credit where credit is due. it's never easy to bench a QB you have a big investment in.

4. Nyjets4eva

i said that and once again that’s the reason why he was still in there. He was an elite runner and putting points up while still making a few passes here and there. He wasn’t playing anywhere or anything like Wilson. His team also is bad and they know the more game reps the more experience he gets. Two totally different situations

5. Nyjets4eva

i didn’t say that’s the reason why I guess you didn’t read into what I was saying there . But he was putting pts up and showing more than Wilson ever was. Do you think if he wasn’t elite with his legs and scoring tds that he would of played the whole season?

6. GasedAndConfused

he wasn't putting up points. he wasn't even a FG better then what zach gave us. he had 2200 yards in 15 games, worse then zachs rookie season and a 3.5% INT percentage and a whopping 16 fumbles which is more then 1 per game played. not to mention he held onto the ball so long he was sacked a crazy amount of times (https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/y3t5ws/renner_justin_fields_342_second_average_time_to/) all you did is watch highlights of a couple of big runs which gave him good fantasy numbers and assumed he was playing well, but he was awful 97% of the time and 3% had a great run but overall it didn't translate to points or helping his team. he cost them more games then a backup likely would have.

7. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Good points made

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Of course, make it personal, Why not just try to support your contentions without attacking people? You are the guy who called Saleh a stud, aren't you? The only thing that has to do with Wilson is Saleh kept putting him on the field. Fields has not a thing in the world to do with rating Saleh.

#68 Ralebird, Jan 13, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    Jets69 likes this.
  9. bicketybam

Yes he would have. He absolutely sucks as a passer. I watched a fair amount of his games and he throws a terrible ball.

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

There are people here still trying to claim Zach Wilson is as good a football player as Fields.

My lord.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Just look at how Fields did against the Patriots in Foxboro, and compare that to Zach’s performances against the Pats.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

13. Nyjets4eva

I agreed with that and you just agreed that if he didn’t have elite running ability he would be benched no? My point still stands that he was doing something elite and they have a bad team so they continued to play him in hopes he got better in passing. Wilson didn’t have elite anything and sucked at everything that’s all I was saying. Both can be true

14. Nyjets4eva

Oh no I think Zach sucks and that’s what I’m arguing with Bick and others about. Wilson was so bad he didn’t do anything elite at all. At least Fields was doing something good and they are telling me that he just plain sucks because he couldn’t pass. Yet he was putting up points and his team let him play to get better. Zach couldn’t even hit a wide open WR ever

BacktoQueens likes this.
  15. Nyjets4eva

Yet Zach Wilson can’t throw it to an open WR at all. I’m sorry Fields showed much more as a player than ZW ever did. That’s all I was saying, don’t matter if it’s only with legs or not. That was enough to keep playing him each week, while ZW got benched for being the worst QB in the league by far

16. bicketybam

You aren't arguing with me about Wilson. I think he's been God awful. I was discussing Fields, the guy that is a shitty passer of the ball. Great RB though.

17. GasedAndConfused

why do you think everything is an insult? saleh was a stud. doens't mean he was perfect, but he was a stud for the season. this was the best year we've had in 7 seasons and we are on the upswing and he built a good culture players want to play for and the D went from bottom 3 to elite. we were in the payoff run until the final week. that far exceeds what was expected from him at the start of the year. it's simple facts. your emotions or mine for that matter don't have any say in it. it's studs and duds not who i personally liked

18. GasedAndConfused

spoiler alert, they both suck. all the QBs from that draft do except tlaw

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You're going to try to tell us that your last sentence was related to the subject and not just a gratuitous personal attack? That would be a lie.

It's your list you can say whatever you want to say about Saleh, but when you do it on a forum like this it is for discussion. A lot of people will disagree, and for good reason. The last seven seasons don't matter; you said the ratings were based on the 2022 season.

The season started out just okay and went downhill ending in a six game losing streak and a total breakdown of the offense. That is undeniable. A "good culture" doesn't have guys asking to be traded and while it might have players wearing shirts that praise one player, when that reflects poorly on another, that also is not good culture. Mediocre record, mediocre team. mediocre coaching staff.

Jets69 likes this.
  20. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

What a terrible analysis of Wilson & Sauce....

Jets79 and GasedAndConfused like this.