2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Is that assuming someone will trade for his contract and not wait out the Raiders? Because I really don't see that happening.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  2. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

yeah nobody is giving up anything to the Raiders when they know he’s getting snipped and didn’t want to guarantee the 100m left

ColoradoContrails and Br4d like this.
  3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think they will go all in on a big name (Lamar) or bring in a Jimmy G or an Andy Dalton type. I really do not see Carr coming to NY.

4. Nyjets4eva

there is no way they go for injury prone Jimmy G or old man Dalton I just don’t see it

Losmeister and Br4d like this.
  5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

They will do it if they still believe in Zach and need a stopgap/Insurance policy in case Zach fails again. You bring in Carr or another big name Zach is done in NY. I do not think the staff, GM or ownership think that but we will find out based on which vet QB they bring in.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Nyjets4eva

If after watching Zach this year and they still believe in him something is wrong. There is nothing wrong with not giving up yet but to go into next year w Jimmy G or Dalton then everything they have been saying is BS and I won’t watch next year tbh

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Not giving up on him means they do what I said unless they bring in one year guy like Brady or Rodgers. Otherwise, it will be Jimmy G or Dalton type that will give Zach a chance to win the starting job.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Did you watch the Greg Knapp interview that Ralebird posted? Unless you think Knapp didn't know what he was talking about, IDK how anyone can say Zach still doesn't have potential. But they need to bring in someone who knows how to develop a young QB to unlock it. It was insane for them to not have continued supporting Zach with a proven QB coach this year, basically throwing him into the deep end without a life jacket. And I say this recognizing that Zach does need to learn/fix things, but expecting him to do it while also expecting him to win games was unrealistic. It was like trying to fix a 747 while it's in the air.

All that said, they absolutely have to bring in a vet to compete with him and be the starter for a year or two if need be. Carr would be a much longer signing than a year or two and would indicate they Jets actually have given up on Zach being their FQB.

cval likes this.
  9. Nyjets4eva

i agree I didn’t say he didn’t have potential I was saying exactly that. But based off what we say once again you can’t trust him to get better. You have to just keep working and hope he does. But if we bring a Jag Vet like those two it’s giving him the hopes that once that Jag gets hurt or plays poorly he’s coming in even if he’s not ready. I don’t want that at all, I would rather a guy who can stay healthy and is consistent like a Carr, Minshew personally. Dalton or Jimmy G aren’t good options IMO

10. Nyjets4eva

Doing what you said and brining in Jimmy G or Dalton is a horrible move that’s just my thoughts tho. They don’t move the needle or help that much from MW and just as injury prone. Why is that the two options you want?

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I am just using them as an example.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  12. bicketybam

I'd hang myself if they brought in Dalton. Holy shit, no thanks.

Nyjets4eva, Wut? and Losmeister like this.
  13. bicketybam

Zach couldn't beat Jimmy G in camp. Only way is if JG got hurt.

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No he couldn't. Zach is hot garbage and I want him nowhere near the field next season. Has nothing to do with OC or QB coaching, he does not have it. He looks and plays scared. That's ingrained in who he is.

Just a waste of time factoring him into any plan going forward. Jets brass needs to wake the F up and stop doing this groundhog day shit at QB every year. Move on and find someone better.

15. bicketybam

I won't say Wilson is hot garbage but JG is a career 67% passer with over a 2:1 TD/INT ratio. His career passer rating is 99.6. You don't have to be garbage to be beat out by Jimmy G. White couldn't beat him out either. Not a chance.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Had Jimmy G been a Jet this whole, he would be the second-best QB in Jets history.

17. bicketybam

That depends if he would have stayed in one piece behind the offensive lines we've assembled. My guess is he would have been in traction early in his career.

18. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

or Sam

19. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I wonder if we are out on jimmy G unless another Shanahan guy comes in.

20. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i stand by and think Carr is the safest best option. He has played in tons of different offenses and really wasn't any different.

Nyjets4eva likes this.