2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Nyjets4eva and Jets69 like this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I don't have time right yet to read through all 9 pages (I'm sure they're all great and will read them later on), but if Joe Douglas is gonna lay out some serious cash/draft picks, he's going hard for Aaron Rogers.

Joe knows he has 3 years to win a ring before this wonderful roster comes tumbling down. Joe's going for the QB who gives him the BEST shot. And that, by far, is Aaron. Who, by the way, has huge post-NFL career aspirations and moving to the Big Apple would be huge for him. If Aaron is hoping to be a movie star or game show host, he'd probably pick a Left Coast team. If he has ESPN/Game Day aspirations, he'd pick the Big Apple.

Green Bay is determined to work on their defensive side of the ball. Which means either Quinnen Williams or Amhad Gardner could be part of the trade. Joe would probably prefer to trade Q as that salary dump would pay for over half of Aaron's coin and would give Joe and extra cpl years of cap freedom.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

TBF, the scouts weren't likely swayed by that one throw, as amazing as it was. They had already formed a consensus before the BYU Pro Day. They may well have made some mistakes in their analysis and judgment, but frankly, I don't think so. I think Zach's ability was correctly assessed, it was developing it into an NFL QB that has been botched so far.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Aaron Rodgers has a $98M dead money hit if he is traded prior to June 1st. That trade puts the Packers $66M worse against the cap than keeping Rodgers. The contract extension he signed before '22 had $125M in bonuses. The only way the Packers can recoup the prorated bonus hits is if Aaron Rodgers pays them nearly $100M before he is traded. The Jets cannot give Rodgers anything until he is traded to them.

Basically Rodgers is going nowhere but retirement after the Packers. That's how his deal was structured.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Dang!!! Oh well, thanks for the good info.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, but as I said if the guy is 6'9" and can't process what his eyes are telling him it doesn't matter how tall he is. Brees, for one, made it work at 72".

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

8. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Why? He's terrible in cold weather.

9. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I think now that MLF has been canned (yeah yeah mutual whatever), it’s pretty clear Woody has stepped in. It’s a declaration that Zach’s woes fall on MLF’s shoulders, because it’s much cheaper to fire an offensive coaching staff than to trade/sign a big game QB. I think they’re targeting a guy like Reich and bringing in a mid level vet like Brissett to “compete” with Zach.

10. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

letting MLF go to me signals that we are out of the Jimmy G sweepstakes

nevbeats319 likes this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

First Woody steps in and tells the doctors not to clear White and his 5 busted ribs so Zach could return and now this?! Oh the agony!

12. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I think Carr is the best choice too. Jackson and Garoppolo have injury issues. Carr is not terrific in cold weather. He'll get used to it. Let him go train in the North Pole before OTA's start up next Spring.

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I never claimed any such thing asshole. Back to your douchebag ways real fast I see.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Reich would laugh in Woody's face if the plan is to bring in Brissett to "compete" with Zach.

15. bicketybam

Easy there, Cubby.

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I think they will bring Garrapolo on a reasonable contract and when he gets hurt Zach will play and hopefully thrive. A lot of times year three clicks for a lot of qbs and Zach might beat him out. I would still say start Jimmy.

17. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I don’t think a team will trade for him. lol He will end up getting released!

burf, Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. bicketybam

Carr has a no trade clause. My nephew believes that Carr will deny any and all trades with the hopes that he is released. He will then target SF as his #1 destination.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Could be and it’s logical from a choice standpoint. But he’d be giving away likely $15 million/year for a couple years or at minimum next year by forcing his own release.

bicketybam likes this.