The Jeremy Ruckert Experience. Potential. Film Review.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by IIMeanDeanII, Jan 10, 2023.

1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I am a huge fan of this kid. Very underrated In my opinion.

I had mentioned this a few times In the game thread during the Dolphins game, but this kid was playing out of his mind this past week.

I thought I would share an article about just that and maybe steer towards some positive thinking with It.

I think he's going to be a stud, I'm so confident that he will be a top tier TE In the years to come.

This article suggests that he will be playing for a blocking TE role but he Is going to be special In the passing game too. Kids the real deal.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2023/01/09/ny-jets-jeremy-ruckert-season-finale/

LAJet, ukjetsfan, PJ4Ever and 8 others like this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Yep. He stood out to me during the game too.... I mentioned this to my buddy who came over to watch the game (a life-long Dolphins fan :confused:) and I told him the story of this kid. I think it's awesome and I hope he truly succeeds. He was playing like a beast, and I'm wondering if growing up a JETS fan, hatred of the Phish fueled the fury :cool:

3. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I really hope they include Ruckert more next year, thought he looked solid against Miami, especially in the run game.

Uzomah and Conklin aren't going anywhere next year though due to their contracts but hopefully Ruckert gets more PT and can be ready to take over in '24 when Uzomah and Conklin can be cut with little dead cap.

4. IIMeanDeanII

I thought the exact same. If he Is a true Jet fan, he knows the hatred, the pain, the passionate loathing of these others fucks In the division. I felt like that definitely showed a bit against the Phins.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Great catch too on the only target. Who knows, maybe someone in need of a TE can take Uzomah off our hands, because it appears Ruckert has arrived.

6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I think they will--he's on the fairly typical NFL TE curve--by year 3 he'll probably catch 50 balls.

7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Speaking of Jets TE's, Tyler Conklin made an incredible one handed catch on Sunday.

Jojo likes this.
  8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

That's exactly what the plan should be. It's great when things work out that way: have a veteran starting, draft a rookie to develop, begin working the rookie/young player in when ready, move on from vet/start younger player. This sort of thing is how teams should be built

Jamien Sherwood is another one I think will earn a big role next year or in 2024

IDFjet, IIMeanDeanII and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Not to hijack the thread, but interesting they knew enough to take this approach with a TE, but didn't with the much more difficult to learn QB position.

As to Ruckert, I hope they can trade one of the other guys and get him some more minutes.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  10. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

His blocking was legit, I keyed on him when I saw that he was in the game. Hopefully he can be a complete TE.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

To me this is an indictment on the OC. Oline struggling, you have a really good blocking TE. Maybe go some two back and run the football? Too much to ask?

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I wish the concept of drafting a young player with obvious talent and bringing him along slowly also applied to QB's around here.

wewantsapp and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Apparently the Jets believe that FQBs are born, not made, and you can just pluck them off the shelf and have success. If not, toss them aside and pluck the next one.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

Yeah, that probably should've been the route. That Isn't what this thread Is about though.

15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It was clear to me 2022 was going to be a close to a redshirt year as possible. Look forward to watching him be a bigger part of the offense in 2023.

16. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

JetFanInPA = perfectly said. For those of us patient JET fans, - these are the good things to point out as proof that the team is heading in the right direction.

Sorry, - but just not sharing your Jamien Sherwood outlook.

17. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I think he got hurt and misses majority of the camp? So a slow start and hopefully he will get ahead start and become a talented TE!

18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed that analysis. I clicked on the link expecting it to be another pf those pieces where a guy raves about some player without much justification, but those clips were really telling - he was laying down some serious blocks. Very often it looked like he was the only guy doing his job because he was destroying his defender while the running back was already getting tackled five yards behind him because someone else had whiffed. He looks like he could be a very promising piece on offense next year.