It's Flacco Time!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Jan 6, 2023.

1. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

Flacco is trying to get his 2nd win as starting Jets QB... that way he can move past the ranks of Glenn Foley, Mike Vick and Bryce Petty and into the Rick Mirer, Quincy Carter and Brooks Bollinger tier of Jets' history. Yay!!

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You forgot Mike White.

kevda5n9ne and Jeff M like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

heady stuff...

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  4. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Kamikaze mission for Joe. No way he survives the entire game with that makeshift line in front of him.:(

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ole Joe, thought he was going to get to milk one more contract without consequence.... welp....

Cman68 and NY Jets68 like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Go joe flacco!

8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yes it is. Though in fairness, it was kamikaze mission for the other QBs as well after AVT went down. I am not sure if absolute scrubs we are about to put in are not upgrades over Fant, Brown, and the way Herbig played lately. Mike White can probably attest to that. Heck, Joe himself can attest after playing 3 snaps against the Bills and getting nearly murdered then.

Jeff M likes this.
  9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

The game is meaningless and we don't want the young QBs getting killed.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

10. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

That's true, my bad. Mike White has wins vs. Cincy and Chicago. After this game hopefully there's no more Joe

11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I hope Flacco goes out there and throws for 380 yards and a few TDs. Assuming they steam him up good beforehand and get him loose he's capable. Probably cost the Jets 6 draft slots... that'd be about classic Jets.

I do hope he does great and they win though. We'll worry about the draft later.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I don't want anyone killed... but Strev or Zach can at least scramble out of danger.

13. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Another dumbass move by Saleh, this game is meaningless yet your starting a guy who should retire today? Atleast start Strev give the fans some excitement. Our coach is braindead absolutely braindead.

“He’s just been a professional through all the chaos of the season and I really respect him for what he stands for,” Saleh said. “I call Joe, Joe is like a Ford pickup truck, you may not appreciate him in September, October, November because there’s nothing flashy in his game, but when December and January hit and the weather is kind of (expletive), he’s still freaking rolling, so Joe and I have a genuine appreciation for him.”

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

WE WANT STREV!!!

Cman68 likes this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Classic Jets would be if this was a win and get in game and he had a 4 INT game including one on the drive where he's driving the offense down the field for a game winning FG.

16. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I'll go on record and put in my preference for Zach Wilson to start this game. Going with Flacco tells us nothing about the future QB position. For Wilson, he would be playing in a meaningless game with no pressure. We know he doesn't handle pressure well, let's see if he can handle no pressure. Let him be the Zach Wilson of BYU and see if he can thrive doing the kind of things he does best. Maybe in this game of no importance, we can see if he has anything worth working with.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I mostly agree, except that he would still feel enormous pressure because he knows that he's under the microscope with this one game having to prove himself. I'm hoping that Joe "The Statue" Flacco just plays like he has and Saleh is forced to turn to Zach who can then come off the bench with actually no expectations and play free and loose.

westiedog1 likes this.