Year End Grade: Mike LeFleur - OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 1, 2023.

?

Your Year End Grade for MLF

1. A+ to A-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. B+ to B-

6.4%
  3. C+ to C-

28.2%
  4. D or below

65.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigAbruns

BigAbruns Member

This. LaFool is OC only because of his brother and Saleh being friends. This guy wouldn't be an OC or even in the NFL if this wasn't the case.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

C-

We simply gotta get the quarterback situation worked out.

ColoradoContrails and Savatage like this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Solid D...at first I thought average but after rethinking I realize The team has only averaged 3-6 points a game lately .and I don't care who "gets injured" ALL NFL have injuries for gods sake

We need an experienced HC who can micromanage his staff not worry about spoiling friendships!!!

So long To MLF Saleh and yes JD who hired this shitty crew

Bring in an experienced HC who will be a czar in hiring staff and players ...I don't trust Douglas >>feh

5. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

That's my thinking as well. When you have to play 4 different QBs and have a revolving door of OL, it's hard to give a proper grade.

Acad23 and stinkyB like this.
  6. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

F

Seahwaks allowed 150+ yards rushing all year so what do you do? Run the ball 17 times and throw 46 times. He and Saleh are genious's I tell you!

Lon Chaney and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Not a good look when offensive players saying they came out flat. Straight indictment on the OC

8. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

I don’t make anything up. Leading up to Chicago, you don’t believe the team thought the entire problem was Zach? 90% of the posters on this board repeated the phrase if Jets only had a average QB play. Well White was average at best in Minnesota and Buffalo, lost. Wilson was average vs Detroit, lost, last two weeks were a complete shit show.

Zach’s benching was sold as he was the entire problem and MW was the savior for the playoffs. Anything else is revisionist history after it failed.

ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I disagree.. MLF is a great passing game coordinator. He is NOT a good Offensive Coordinator as the two jobs are different. MLF is great at scheming guys open but he absolutely sucks in short field situations. He compiles yards, but not points. Not hard to grasp considering how many TD's as opposed to FG's. Saleh just might have to either demote or sacrifice his best bro's little brother to save his job. No way can the offense remain in a coma for '23.

ColoradoContrails and Trainer like this.
  10. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Decent between the 20's. Horrendous in the red zone. The difference is striking.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep.. That's the trait of a great passing game coordinator. OC's get paid to outscore the other team. We need a true OC with experience. If MLF doesn't mind going back to passing game coordinator? fine. If not, adios if shit doesn't get turned around in '23-24.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Saleh should have never went back to Zach after he was benched. Flacco or Streveler or both.

Mike White showed us what the offense could produce with average and competent qb play. And basically shut up any Zach lovers in the building and on these threads.

Unfortunately, Bills D truly ended our season.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think @ColoradoContrails pointed out to the people who were saying we would have definitely won the games Zach lost only if we had Mike White that it is not necessarily the case. And yesterday we saw why. We went against a bad defense, also against a struggling team, and couldn't do anything on offense. Mike should have had another INT - just a bad drop by Seattle. Now - with that said I think Mike is still a better QB now than Zach, but the offensive problems on the team go beyond Zach, that much is clear now.

14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It produced 4 TD's in the Chicago game and 2 in his next 3 games. Let's not make it more than it was. And yes, Wilson sucks.

Borat likes this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I've never said my experience is better than yours to form any opinions. You're the one that poses as infallible and you're basing it on "watching the NFL and this team for sixty years". I merely pointed out that I was certainly at least equal in those "qualifications" and I don't make such definitive statements as though I know for a fact anything about what's going on. We're all just expressing our opinions some more informed than others, and most of us can tell which ones are more or less informed. Asserting them with conviction doesn't make them any more or less true or informed.

And typically you go on to use deflection to try and cover up the fact that you're wrong. As far as starting the "I'm Done With Wilson" thread, yes it was me, and it was an acknowledgement that unless something changes with how they're coaching him, it's best for him to go elsewhere where he hopefully can get the proper coaching and achieve his potential. I assumed no such coaching changes were going to made with the Jets so I admitted that he wasn't likely to be the answer here - at least any time soon if he was kept on the roster. But the possibility - if it truly is one - that MLF would be fired and replaced by a guy like Reich who has deep experience with coaching QBs and offensive systems that work presents the possibility that Zach might be able to achieve his potential here. Clear enough for you?

Again, don't bother answering that last question because I don't care. You are the La Brea Tar Pits of posters. Anyone who engages with you soon gets sucked into a murky morass. Excuse me while I go clean the tar off my keyboard.

16. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

But the offense still had more yardage than every team it played until yesterday under Mike White this year.

Wins and losses really came down to bad coaching and defense giving up more points down the stretch.

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Let's agree to disagree because I believe the offense's job is to score touchdowns and not just rack up yards.

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  18. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Solid F and that’s me being nice I’ve been saying for weeks he got bailed out when AvT and Breece was playing because we were winning against some bad QBs and barely doing so. He is one of the worst play callers I’ve ever seen in the NFL

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We have to be fair. Yesterday was a bad game for White, and the lack of yards reflected that. Other 3 games where not in the same category as today. I think it just shows Mike is an inconsistent QB, and when you look at his body of work in aggregate this and last year, including pre season last and this year, that's the pattern that is starting to emerge. The fact that he was able to outgain two 12+ win teams on the road was a good thing though, it does not make sense to just dismiss it. Not putting more points, being outgained by Seattle yesterday and in general having a terrible game wasn't. That's the inconsistency part of it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I watched both vids. I disagree. The only difference I see is that Geno was/is a more physical QB and didn't hesitate to run, something Zach should do more of IMO. Other than that, I think Zach has a stronger arm and has certainly made throws as good or better than Geno. Geno was helped a lot by some great catches in these clips.

All that said, I'm not picking up the argument that Zach should be anointed as the starter again. He does need to sit and learn more. But I do think he could come off the bench in a game like yesterday where MW clearly wasn't 100% healthy, as opposed to trotting out the Flacco Statue or the one dimensional Streveler.

bicketybam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.