The New "Tuck Rule"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fenwyr, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Negative. Stop right there. What part of "going backwards" are you not interpretting correctly?

Put this in your Blackberry:

Forward = Incomplete Pass
    Backward = Fumble

2. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Thanks for the best response in this thread. However, the tuck rule, as applied to Tom Brady, had no pass attempt even coming into play. He pulled the ball down, and was stripped while trying the "tuck" the ball away.

Tell be you honestly believe this same call would have gone against Brady. Honestly...

3. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

If you watched it in REAL TIME and were 100% sure it was a backwards pass you are full of it.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, ridiculous. I have no idea what rediculous is. and what example do you want, the rule has been stated to you clear as day. I am stunned that someone would not only present but defend their ignorance with such vigor in the face of overwhelming evidence.

the ball traveled a good two yards from Penningtons hand, thus the motion of his arm is irrelevent and the attempt to try to correlate it to a play in which the QB's arm is hit while in the motion of throwing is dishonest. those are two different acts and rules entirely.

as has been said, it is dependent on which direction the ball was traveling, not his arm, and the ball was clearly traveling backwards, making it a lateral, as has been said before, and a fumble.

the fact that you have never seen this play or call before speaks of your ignorance, not the refs mistake, the rule and definitely not the play. the entire football world save for you knows, not just believes, but knows it was the correct call. if you want to continue arguing otherwise, fine, do so. but it doesn't change the facts or your lack of rationale.

5. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

So you're saying because the ref standing near the LOS was able to tell it was a backwards pass...it should be the Jets ball...because you couldn't? Alright then...

6. JetBlue

obviously his view from california was better.

7. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Honestly, you've been called out for your arrogance to many times to count. If you cannot provide one single example of when a DL has tipped a pass at the line at had it ruled a fumble, just shut the f up.

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

honestly bro...the second it happened my jaw dropped...then the camera went ISO on Chad and I was wondering what the hell was going on on the filed...then I heard the crowd roar a bit and I knew exactly what was happening....then the cameras show the Pats running the god damn ball......I can honestly say 100% as I watched the game live I knew it was a fumble

9. JetBlue

I don't recall ever being called out for my arrogance. but how about you provide another example where an identical play was called an incomplete pass? put your money where your mouth is.

10. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I have nothing to do with it. The PLAYERS had no way to know it was a backwards pass. If it even was a backwards pass, which to be honest we'll never know because the ball was on it's way UP when tipped.

11. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Funny coming from a guy who's location is Los Angeles in his profile.

12. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

THE PASS WAS BACKWARDS!!!

Its doesn't matter if anyone REMEMBERS the last time it happened. The fact is it did happen. And according to the NFL RULEBOOK, it was a fumble. End of story. You don't like the call, tough. Deal with it, and quit filling the Jets forum with this crap because you have to whine like a pansy.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

No one needs to take off on expressions like "full of it," correct? Why go there? Thank you.

Now, I DID watch the game. I had to see it on replay before I could see the deal, but the ball was clearly a BACKWARD PASS. That's a LIVE BALL fella! Always is, always was... no rule changed... no official "favored" the Patriots... there is no conspiracy and Oliver Stone is alive but not mentally well.

The Jets, from the sidelines, could have seen that the ball travelled backwards. Chad Pennington, who threw it, had to know the ball travelled backwards and the camera replays, incouding the one broadcast on the Giant screen at Foxboro clearly indicated the ball travelled backwards. I can't believe we're even having this discussion.

14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Every pass I've ever seen tipped at the line, ever.

15. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Did you even watch the damn game? If you couldn't tell the pass was backwards, I'd reccomend that you get a seeing-eye dog IMMEDIATELY.

16. JetBlue

no it wasn't on its way up, which is irrelevent as well, it was traveling across the field---backwards! maybe not far, but it was traveling. you are attempting to make arguments using irrelevent factors. talk about only seeing what you want to see. your interpretation of the play has to be the most dishonest interpretation of a play I have ever read, even worse than Brady's tuck.

17. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Hey f-wad, nobody is forcing you to read this thread, so if you don't like it, get the f out. I've been on this damn board for over 4 years, so I thi.nk I'm entitled to one damn discussion thread.

18. JetBlue

every forward pass you have ever seen. the fact that you don't know the difference is mind boggling, even more so than why I am arguing with you about it.

19. jonnyd

yeah but it really wasnt tipped at the line.....there was a t least a 2 or 3 yard seperation from chads arm to whomever tipped it, I forget.......unfortunately it was the right call

20. jonnyd

we would have lost anyway so lets move on