Zach Wilson - MERGED (All Zach Threads will be merged here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Dec 22, 2022.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I’d go Russell, he has better stats than Zach lol

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson fucking sucks

3. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

Fucking sucks. Ken Barbie Dream House. Not for the NFL. Go away. Same with Salah. He's your boy/girl, whatever he is.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  4. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Agreed. Zach is a bust of epic proportions and a real buzz kill.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Russell seems like way more fun to party with.

6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson told me he wants to kill your dog. This came completely out of the blue. We were just chatting about the weather at the bagel shop, and suddenly he said, "I don't care about football. Mostly I just want animals to suffer. I want to kidnap and murder everyone's favorite pet."

Then he started pitching his new Harvey Weinstein fan club, and kept asking if I wanted to join.

I used to love that bagel shop.

Borat likes this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Makes sense. I met him the other day with some friends. It was full moon. He got so weird. Sniffing things, then grew hair everywhere in a matter of minutes. I ran away. But never saw my friends again. Weird guy Zach is.

twown likes this.
  8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

zach strictly b/c russell got paid through the roof.

9. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Purple Drank for everyone!

11. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Total purchase price: Russell ($36.3 million); Wilson ($35.2 million)

Both Russell Athletic and Wilson Sporting Goods arrived damaged, did not fit properly and came with a no return policy. Although we have better technology than the '70s, neither of these $36 Million Dollar Men (inflation you know) could be rebuilt, made faster, stronger, or better. Even two bionic eyes will not help them see the field better. Expect bionic heads to roll once Oscar Goldman is informed his pet project must be scrapped with no salvage/trade value to recoup the $72M investment. Oh shit-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta...

stinkyB and Br4d like this.
  12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's funny you should say that because when he did ultimately flunk out I never heard if he pissed his fortune away or not. If he didn't, he laughed all the way to the bank and back.

A long time ago somebody lost it over Gholston. Loser, jackass, bust, POS, it went on and on; and it occurred to me that I wouldn't mind getting paid $2.5 million or whatever the hell it was to fail so who's really the bum here if he invests wisely? Personally I would have laughed up my sleeve. The problem is a lot of these guys can't count to three.

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

It's one thing to fail from apathy and another to fail despite putting in the work. Jamarcus fell into the former and Zach into the latter

Br4d likes this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It just seems like mentally Zach just doesn't have it. I've been looking back at College tape and previous evaluations, and there was nothing there that other players, like Josh Allen, etc, didn't have and couldn't be fixed. Even saying Zach was a one year wonder is not correct. He had a great freshman season at BYU, went perfect in Bowl game, and then missed time with shoulder surgery and broken wrist the following year, when he didn't have a good season, coming back very strong in the 3d year, going through adversity in training camp to win the job. In retrospect Jets should have valued Fields' consistency and experience more, but honestly even looking back Zach should have still been a top prospect. Zach just didn't have it mentally, which I am not sure how you can evaluate.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Great freshman season is a bad exaggeration. He threw four touchdowns against Western Michigan in a bowl game (106th defense in points against), and another 5 against Hawaii (109th) and UMass (127th).

To his credit, he played well against Utah.

But the hurdles to go from G5 to the NFL are huge. Until we see anything close to Josh Allen again, we need to throw the example in the garbage. Because it pretty much makes no sense.

The only other examples that are close are Flacco and Derek Carr. And I guess the aforementioned Kurt Warner.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Josh Allen is a miracle of self-improvement.

One in a thousand.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think you gotta play percentages on guys like this. Take a crack at a guy like that maybe second round, or late first at best. In 2020 two of them went top 3 (Lance and Zach) ahead of someone with significantly higher pedigree, like Justin Fields. I am looking back at a 6TD game he had against Lawrence at the highest stage. That should have clinched #2 in retrospect.

18. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

honestly, what exact pedigree does Fields have? He played at a top school. OK. But then I'd answer that Ohio State has NEVER produced a quality NFL QB. You read that correct. NEVER. Not a one. You're looking at like the Kent Grahams of the world, and he was a kinda sorta decent fringe NFL backup at best. That school has NFL talent across the OL and in the RB and WR rooms and a bunch of QBs have done well there. But if you watch the games (and I'm not saying I watch every OSU game!), what I did see when I did watch was a QB who had all fucking day to throw with no pressure in his face on 99% of his dropbacks, throwing to WRs who were wide open half the time. There is no pedigree there...OSU has no history of developing NFL QBs...other positions totally. Just not QBs.

I like his moxie. I like his athleticism. I like his arm talent. But he's not an NFL QB. He's a great athlete and a very good runner. The NFL has historically chewed those guys up ... Randall Cunningham never won anything. Mike Vick never won anything. Now we're watching Lamar Jackson and we'll see, but the injuries are starting to come for him too. I just don't think in the end Fields will become a very good QB. He'll make great highlight runs and win some games with his legs, but he's not going to pick apart a contender's D with his arm.

I just don't see it.

Is he better than Zach? Abso-fucking-lutely. Night and fucking Day. In hindsight it's CLEAR he is the better player than Zach.

But I just don't think in the end he'll be a great QB. Or to put it another way, if he DOES develop into a top NFL QB, he'd be the first Ohio State QB to do so.

My two cents...

19. Jonathan_Vilma

The whole XYZ university doesn’t have any big time QB’s is so dumb. Very few universities have pipelines of quality NFL QB’s. How many do Florida or Florida State have? Miami? Texas? SMU? Oregon State? Minnesota? Iowa? Mississippi State? Kentucky?

I mean schools other than NC State usually have one at most. USC has 3x the amount of shitty ones as they have good ones. That arguments tired.

The rest of what you said is accurate about Fields.

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Zach could care less about J Russel ..Tonight he gets to watch his favorite BYU opponent Coastal Carolina battle it out with ECU

JohnnyJet likes this.