The Mike White Era Begins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Nov 23, 2022.

1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

So Braxton needs to be benched. Since he didn’t make the potential game leading catch to put us up against the Vikings?

2. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Whether you like it or not, QBs have to make plays to win games. That is what it is about. Berrios play sucked. Should have caught it. No fan of him. There were other plays to be made earlier. How many damn FG did we kick. There were no plays to be made? Just go into red zone and kick FGs. QBs have to make plays in Redzone. It is going to break down, it takes fast reads and quick throws, it also might take off schedule plays. The windows are really tight. This is where QBs make their money. Redzone and 4th quarter of close games. Some thrive in that situation, some don’t.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. And our current starting QB is the best one on the roster to achieve this. Do you NOT agree?

If you don't agree - then it's a Saleh/MLF and JD conversation. I mean they have to play the best players available on the roster.

Flacco is old and sucks, Wilson can't move the ball or hit open receivers, and MW has a redzone problem. So we should put in Streveler to see what have in him?

I just want to know the path forward.

#883 BrooklynJetsFan, Dec 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    Nyjets4eva likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Nobody cares.

stinkyB and cval like this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

None of this is going to matter if MLF keeps acting like he's got Peyton Manning out there. He was acting like he had Trent Dilfer out there when ZW was starting and the running game and defense were winning games. Now he's like a 6 year old with a new toy airplane and he keeps throwing it into the wall.

This is typical Jets behavior. I wonder what he'll do in his next job?

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This was the correct answer

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Feels like I point this out in every thread and you ignore it in every thread but the running game and defense can’t win you the game when you’re down two scores in the second half. You need to pass. This has been the case since football was invented.

8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Who has more fourth quarter comebacks?

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The Jets are also better suited using the pass to open up the run game.

IDFjet likes this.
  10. Br4d

Feels like I respond in every thread that you bring this up that LaFleur has emphasized the pass early in every game that White has started. Predictably this worked well against the bad team and not against the next two.

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

because White is good and the offensive line is banged up. Running it for the sake of running it and not getting anywhere is a bad strategy

94Abraham and NYJFOREVER like this.
  12. Br4d

There's no indication that the Jets are having trouble running the ball.

papapump likes this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

In all the wins so far QB really wasn't the main reason. Ironically Flacco probably comes closest in the Browns game where he led 2 TDs at the end. Zach vs Pitts 4th quarter was great, but overall this was just an average game. There were other good QB performances in a win, like Miami, Buffalo, Chicago, but I would say not where you can say QB led the team to the victory, like in the Elway examples you are citing. Mike had a chance against Minny and Buffalo with good performances in a loss, but ultimately came up short.

What I can say about Mike though is that while he did come up short in these two games, he played well overall (adding Bears win also), and wasn't the main or big reason why we lost. Zach, I am sorry to say, at least for me was a big reason for both the losses against NE. Particularly the second one, where I was expecting a breakout performance, and got his worst game by far to the point where I was shocked. That's why I feel Zach wasn't ready yet to take a leap and was benched appropriately.

So I accept your point, but Mike only played in 3 games. I think game winning drives and carrying us to the victory will come as he plays more, because I see some really high level stuff with him on consistent basis and I believe more wins will come also if he keeps this up. I think he might have to do this on Sunday against Detroit, which is playing very good ball right now. I have a feeling the defense will not be enough and we will need over 20 points from offense to win, and we don't have Breece either to make game breaking plays. Mike is going to have to step up in a big way in a game that is a must win against a tough opponent. I think we will learn a lot this Sunday.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I really don't understand why Berrios is on the field in these situations. Twice now he was literally hit in the face/chest for a huge play by Mike and twice (again literally) he dropped the ball. First time maybe it was just terrible luck. Second time ... I doubt MiLF will put him out there for the 3d time. That's why I am saying we need to give White more time. We are still figuring things out as on offense, because let's be honest, there wasn't much of it after Breece and AVT got hurt and before White took over. At least before Breece would make a big play or two every game and OLine wasn't total dog shit.

White could have done better too, don't take me wrong. That 3d and 10 to Moore in Minny should have been a hit and put us on 7 yards line with 4 shots to win. It's just that when you have a small sample size, you don't get a full picture. I am thinking things will be clicking soon, starting against Detroit on Sunday.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

16. NYJFOREVER

Seasons over. Not even joking.

94Abraham likes this.
  17. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

It was fun while it lasted

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

it’s okay jets went 1-2 with White in there so not like he can do much worse lol.

On the real, hyperbole much? Let’s see what happens.

bicketybam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

2 losses vs 2 top seeds in the each conference. Yes, such a good take. :rolleyes:

BrooklynJetsFan and NYJFOREVER like this.
  20. NYJFOREVER

Not really.

Zach Wilson was the worst QB in football when he was playing and it wasn’t even close.

His timing sucked. His mechanics sucked. He couldn’t complete simple passes. He wasn’t seeing the field and wide open receivers.

But sure, everything will be fine.