I am sorry but Saleh is not a good coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by george sakell, Dec 11, 2022.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I disagree with your post but what else is new. Saleh is doing awesome in his second year, no question. You just have a personal dislike for Saleh and Zach and it shows on every one of your threads.
    However, I will have to support the point about Flacco 100%.
    Three mistakes that I blame Saleh for:
    1- Having Flacco active instead of Wilson is insanely stupid. In fact they should have three active QBs and Flacco inactive
    2- Going for the field goal on fourth down was a rookie mistake. You go for the tough TD when you are close and time is in your side giving White a better chance and gamble on getting on field goal range later which is far easier.
    3- He is giving MLF way too much rope on the game plan and I don’t think is healthy

2. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

After Today Flacco should be cut, there is 0 reason why he should be on this roster, only excuse is that he was on this roster to help with Zack's Development but Zack regressed with him. So cut ties with him he is washed up.

cmcm750203 and LAJet like this.
  3. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Saleh’s game plan kept Allen to 147 yds passing and a td, ya fire him /s

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I totally disagree he has this team on a good path.

5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

George I think you failed to realized that he has this team improved in most of the areas and playing competitively and put themselves winnable in many of the games and that with couple of key injuries.

Has he made mistakes? Sure, so has many coaches.

6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The Jets were a half dozen or so plays away from being in competition for the division and the number one seed in the AFC. If they win out they’ll make the playoffs. That’s progress and maybe ahead of schedule considering how good some of the rookies are already playing.

Won’t speak for anyone else but I want to see where it goes. This Jets team doesn’t know they’re suppose to be the laughing stock of the league and it shows.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. george sakell

The weather was a big factor to, and I'm sure Ulbrich had nothing to do with that. Flacco coming into the game today instead of Zack and the stupid penalty's this year from this team reflects on the coach. 0 absolutely 0 excuses for both.

8. george sakell

To bad almost doesn't count and that's exactly my point they lost winnable games.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

So the OP wants to march backwards? Ok let's rehire Adam Gase and Todd Bowles if you hate Robert Saleh so much..if we had Mike McCarthy as coach we would a few less hiccups but who knows?. Saleh has instilled a change of culture/winning attitude a number one priority imo

Agree completely with LA on the 3 points...especially about MLF taking the "Jets" literally and making the team a pass happy airshow . What happened to our running game? Does Carter or Z Knight fumble the ball every weekly Practice so we cant do that game time??

ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  10. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Saleh knows which buttons to press to keep his team motivated despite 2 recent tough losses.

Rich Cimini post game observations

It was a relatively upbeat locker room, considering the result. I think that stems from Saleh's post-game playoff declaration, "We'll see these guys again." He shared that sentiment with the team and it seemed to buoy the confidence

Lon Chaney and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

So you’re dogging the coach that’s been overcoming severe QB limitations, while exonerating the guy that felt Zach and Flacco were the right choices for QB1 and QB2?
    Amazing.

Remember that JD is Saleh’s boss.
    He wasn’t gonna be able to bench Wilson until it was painfully clear to JD that he needed to be.
    It’s the same with Flacco now.
    this is why HC’s shouldn’t report to GMs imo.

I think Saleh has done a great job considering.
    the team is clearly playing hard for him, and the defense is head and shoulders better than last year.

12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

There we go

13. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I think the staff has made great strides this year. But i believe there were 2 crucial mistakes in this game. First with 4 minures to go, i think it was 4th down buffalo. Jets had 3 timeouts. They should have used one to save the 40 seconds. Down 2 scores 40 seconds way more valuable than a time out. 4th and 1 inside the 10. Kicked a field goal. That means not only do you have to stop buffalo again, but you have to score a td than a 2 pt conversion. You need to go for the td. Yes, they cant seem to get tds, but they were close enough to gamble. If they score andmiss the 2pts, they still only need a field goal. You need to take the shot when you have it

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

how did white throw for 268 then?

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It could be, sadly it won’t be.

NYJFOREVER, Hemi, Lon Chaney and 3 others like this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I truly doubt JD had anything much to do about Flacco. He is not going to dictate who the back up should be. I’m sure with Wilson there was a strong push to give him every chance, but I just don’t see it for Flacco. To me that was more Saleh to appease MLF

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

There are more than plenty of beers waiting to be held

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He’s not a bad coach but this coaching staff has an obsession with dog-housing people and feeding the guys who run the hardest in practice.

It’s a part of changing a culture to an extent but this has gotten kind of ridiculous. I’m not sure how you can draw up plays for Berrios and not Elijah Moore.

Bam Knight has looked great. It’s not like Carter can’t play at all but he shouldn’t be in the game at that spot where every yard is critical.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Joe Douglas is the problem. This is the third year in a row the OL has been a dumpster fire in December.

What was he supposed to be able to do when we hired him? Build an OL and in that he has failed miserably.