2022 - Week 14: New York Jets at Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 4, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Dec 11, 2022.
  1. Jets

42.3%
  2. Bills

57.7%
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Who is saying that Zach is better than MW right now? That's a straw man argument.

2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

But Mike White is 1-2. I'll post that on every thread, but I hope he succeeds.

Yikes. 1-2.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Yikes

4. ColoradoContrails

I never said that he lost us any games. I said:

- He didn't make the difference in two games we lost.
    - He made mistakes that contributed to those losses.

But the way some Mike White supporters act is like he can do no wrong. And maddeningly most of these same posters are quick to hang every problem on Zach Wilson. I'm just trying to argue for some objectivity and honesty. If I'm wrong - and I have been - I admit it. I don't see the same openness from the "Mike Fuckin White is God" group.

cval and bicketybam like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

HUH?o_O

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I gave him props for that game. I was rooting for him, I was hopeful, I gave him his proper recognition as one of the bigger ZW doubters. I did that.

..but, no

He still didn't look like the more competent QB between the two.

7. JackBower

I agree with this take. I think he's earned the rest of the year, but he definitely is A. The best QB we have and B. Needs to be better on third down and the red zone

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. bicketybam

Hahahahahahahaha!

9. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

The encroachment play from Mosely was a back breaker. As the QB of the defense he's the one to warn the line to be aware of any trickery and yet CJ is the one soaring into space for no reason.

Jets79 likes this.
  10. bicketybam

Genius

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... but when I saw Knox get under center I was sure they were gonna snap the ball.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  12. IIMeanDeanII

I respect that, but I do see a difference maker In the way the kid plays.

Watching him read the field, making the easy look easy, going through progressions, commanding the huddle, getting the ball to his playmakers, staying composed, making difficult throws In small windows, consistently playing within the offense, never looking lost when the defense Is cranking down the pressure, always finding a way to get this offense humming, being accurate, consistent.... These are all big difference maker qualities.

No, he will not torch a defense with his legs. No he's not going to be making flashy plays on ESPN week In, week out.

..but he's been consistent, productive, and you can tell guys play hard around him.

It may not result In the W column yet but I would absolutely be shocked If It doesn't soon.

We shall see.

I do see that difference maker potential with Mike White. I just see It from a different perspective within a different way of achieving that title.

blackssmagic likes this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

Why Is that so hard to believe?

Zach Wilson had a couple of stupid ass throws that game. One of which should have been picked with 3 other defenders all over that ball. Zach Wilson missed twice horribly with easy throws again In that game. Zach Wilson fumbled the ball as well.

Soooo....

14. bicketybam

Blinded by the White.....

15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I think Romo put it just about perfectly on commentary: he's proved he belongs; he hasn't proved he's the guy just yet.

16. JackBower

Somebody is definitely blinded

17. IIMeanDeanII

Who Is saying Mike White Is perfect?

I'm debating you heavily right now on this particular topic.

Where have I proclaimed Mike White as perfect? That he makes no mistakes?

What I see..

Mike White Is better than Zach Wilson. *I can see with my eyes but I also have stats to support my conclusion
    Mike White wasn't the reason we've lost these games. *doesn't mean I don't think he contributed to the cause though
    Mike White has done some really cool shit so far. *I can pick out many things that I find to be really fucking cool while I'm watching Mike White at QB
    Mike White could be the guy. *I still can't fathom why not?

Mike White...

Has room to grow. Can be better with things.

..but looks pretty fucking good overall.

Where am I lacking In the openness department and where am I being stupid biased with my Mike White support?

I feel I'm being very transparent, open, and honest.. I'm consistently bringing up things to back why I feel the way I do.

So I guess I don't see what the problem Is at this point?

blackssmagic likes this.
  18. JackBower

19. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

I’m sure most Bills fan would agree with me…….happy we don’t have to play the Jets again this year lol

As much as I dislike the Jets I have to give credit where credit is due…..very good team!

20. ColoradoContrails

I agree that MW possesses all these qualities, but a true difference maker possesses all of these, PLUS the ability to make the "big splashy play" on a fairly regular basis to win games. I Just have seen no evidence from White that he can do that. Does he have "difference maker potential", maybe, but even so at this point it's just potential. And how many people have knocked Zach for just having potential (even having played less than two full seasons)?

And at the risk of having this bleed into another Zach Wilson defense, he in fact has shown some of those qualities. He's made throws into tight windows; he's commanded the huddle - Do you remember him being quoted as saying "Let's go get this fucking touchdown" and they did?; playing within the offense - in fact that was one of his big criticisms that he was playing too conservatively. All that said, he's been too slow to make the right reads and get though his progressions and that's led to many of his failures, no argument from me there. But he has shown some ability to play well also, even if inconsistently. Of course that's not good enough, but if he can become consistent in doing those things he can still becomes a very good QB IMO. OTOH, if he doesn't get consistent in these areas he needs to be replaced.