2022 - Week 14: New York Jets at Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 4, 2022.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed Dec 11, 2022.
  1. Jets

42.3%
  2. Bills

57.7%
  1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

CC, one of this things most of us non ZW supports critize him for is his inability to go through his progressings in a timely fashion. Did you see where Romo showed MW going from 1 on R, 2 on L, and nack to R and make the play. At no time, have I seen where ZW displayed that abilty... just saying. Also, how many times did Romo talk about MW arm and accuracy. ZW may have all the potential in the world but you got to have the ability to process quickly or your toast... so far he has been burnt.

Jets79 and Fiftynine like this.
  2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

His game against Buffalo earlier this year didn't come close?

Thanks for that

3. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

The idea that anyone can watch these two quarterbacks play and come away thinking Zach Wilson is better is simply mind boggling. To me, Mike looked better last week and this week than Zach has ever looked in his entire career.

Jets79 likes this.
  4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't. Incredible work yet again

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He's been given a proper chance - which I've been in favor of - and he's done better than Wilson, which I've also acknowledged. But he's been far from "playoff level" to use one measure. And he hasn't gotten 2 wins against two good teams than were very winnable. And AGAIN, I'm not putting the blame all on White - unlike those who criticize Wilson - but he definitely has a hand in those losses.

An NOWHERE have I ever said "...he Is the worst QB we've seen In a Jets uni" or even come close to that. I've pointed out where I saw mistakes that he made that played a role in these losses and that makes me a Mike White "hater"? Unbelievable.

And also, racking up good stats is all well and good but if they don't equate to wins there's a problem. Sorry if you can't see that.

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I do remember that, and he could've thrown It away. I forgot about that play.

However. He was trying to roll out, looking downfield, In an attempt to make a play.

It wasn't the right decision. I agree.

...but, In the moment. He makes those good decisions more times than not. In that moment, he was trying to play hero ball, and It wasn't the time for It. Most the time though, he will take the check down and/or throw It away.

So I will rephrase or concede.

Mike White did make some mistakes today and will hopefully be better In that area moving forward. Based on that one mistake he made, on that topic.

I absolutely believe the "turfed" balls were on purpose. I'm going to go re-watch now.

Wilson does It every game, most of the game... Missing throws, turfing throws, overthrowing, so on, so forth, etc..

That's why ZW has earned that label. It's not ZW conspiracy theories over here.

7. bicketybam

I can send you a link to the game because you clearly didn't see it.

8. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

From my advantage (3 Guinness and 1 Smithwicks) I saw a good defensive effort and a struggling albeit marginal offensive effort.

Mike White played bravely through his injuries.

Jets deserved the results they created.

To me, it is as though the team is coming together but isn’t quite complete yet.

Nonetheless I was fully entertained.

9. JackBower

I did watch it. Do you think you were the only person who watched it as nobody agrees with you?

Wilson played QB that day and didn't mess up. He did not do anything special what so ever and had almost 200 rushing yards and 2 defensive picks.

Wilson was 18/25 for 154 yards, 6.2 yards per attempt which would be 2nd to last in the NFL for the whole year, and 1 TD.

Did you watch the game?

#249 JackBower, Dec 11, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
    50ShadesOfGreen likes this.
  10. IIMeanDeanII

Can you point to Mike White being the singular reason we've lost these last two games? Is Mike White the reason we are 1-2?

Dude. Also, let me kinda extend the peace here as well. I truly do value you as a poster so I hope you know I'm not trying to label you anything but I'm debating you with what I feel and see. That's all.

Not personal at all. Just want to make sure that's understood between us before moving on.

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's the way I see it as well.

We're almost there.

Too many injuries to make the leap this year.
    Not enough quarterback to compensate for our mistakes and spotty run game.

But this team is trending ^UP^ ... we are getting hard to handle.

We need to figure out if Mike White or Zach is the way... I have a feeling they may not be.

Next season we'll have Breece & Bam in the backfield...

12. ColoradoContrails

And I'm not saying that Zach should be the starter. I'm saying MW isn't the "answer" - at least at this point as far as I've seen.

Going through progressions and being more accurate on short to intermediate level throws is fine, but when has MW thrown a "bomb" and completed it? Watching this game and the VIkings game when we needed a big time play from our QB did you believe White would be able to do that? I haven't seen any evidence to support that belief in him.

He's done much better than I thought he would and I'm thankful that he has, but if you're counting on MW to carry this team you're likely going to be disappointed - much kike last week and this week.

bicketybam likes this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

This to me Is a perfect assessment. So, close.

I know we've lost the last two weeks. It sucks.

BUT

They were competive. We proved we belonged In the conversation with the top of the class In this league. They've been fun games to watch. That's football. That's entertainment.

Before the year. I didn't even think I would see that. If I'm honest.

So, I'm grateful to be a fan of this team. I'm grateful that we have the FO and CS we have.

..and I'm hopeful for the future of this team. Go Jets!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

He's being a troll at this point. I provided facts to him that he clearly ignores, unless he has me on ignore since I provided facts back on why 174 rushing yards won that game.

Imagine saying 'did you watch the game', when the final drive was all run game and nothing to do with Zach Wilson and his arm.

15. bicketybam

He missed 7 of 25 passes and threw a TD. Yeah, he was awful

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

In fairness it's just one person lol

JackBower likes this.
  17. JackBower

Did I say he was awful? You're reading comprehension really taking a hit today and it's like the 4th time you've stated something that the person you replied to never said.

Unless you actually read his stats for the game, and came to the conclusion he was awful. Again your words not mine. I only said he didn't do anything special.

18. bicketybam

You're not on ignore.

19. ColoradoContrails

Yeah, no problem. I just want the debate to be honest and open. And when I call out "Zach Wilson haters" I've never intended that to include you because I respect your assessments. But in the case of White you're treading close to the "defend at all costs" line with him and I don't think that's being objective.

And to be fair, I DO think that White played a "good" game on balance in tough conditions in a tough environment against a tough team, so I don't want that to be lost here. And I'm pretty certain Zach would've looked worse (although we can't know that for sure either). But White did not play like a "difference maker" today or last week. Does that make him terrible? No, but we need a QB who can make big plays when we need them and so far I don't see that we have one.

20. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I don't think we can anoint him the franchise QB, but I don't think he's lost any games and with the composure and tight window throws he's made I think he's given them a chance more than a lot of QBs would.