Next Year's Schedule

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Jan 8, 2007.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I have not seen any mention of this so I thought I would give everyone who is thinking big things next year like going to the SB should take this into consideration. In case you have not scanned the 07 schedule since most on this board do not look ahead check out that 7 of our 16 regular season games are going to be played against teams that made the POs this season.

Not only that BUT if you believe the so called FB "experts" we are going to play some of the better QBs in the league such as Mc Nair, Mc Nabb/Garcia, Romo, Young, Brady, big Ben, Palmer just to name a few

After next season ends we really should know where we stand in the pecking order of the NFL due to the upper crust teams we will be playing in 07

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

AFC North. NFC East. Chiefs. Titans.

3. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

I was worried about this schedule a few weeks ago but I truly think we can compete with all of those teams. The Giants are slowly losing it and hopefully we can get them in the beginning of the season with their new coach.

4. championjets69

Are you saying I am unaware of what you posted?

5. championjets69

After what I saw vs NE I think you should back track into your worry mode cause of the way our lines performed & were so dominated by NE

6. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Next year's schedule is tough. But this team will be much improved, I see this team going 12-4 next season.

7. Mangini6881

Mangini6881 New Member

We have 9 home games this year because techincally the Giants game is away so thats one advantage over the rest of the AFCE

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He posted that as a courtesy to whoever would read the thread.

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Of the 12 teams that qualified for the postseason in 2005, only 5 returned to make the playoffs in 2006.
    Maybe that is not a good sign for the Jets.

The point, though, is not to get wrapped up in the number of 2006 playoff participants which will appear on the 2007 Jets schedule.

Too many things change in the league from year to year.

10. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

I looked at the schedule and the schedule is very difficult. There isn't one hole in this schedule.
    I expect each game to be hard faught and for this team to be ready. And we have a great chance to become an Elite team and go 12-4.
    Defense and an RB in the offseason will be a start.

11. toontheman88

toontheman88 Member

at best we will be 6-10. we can't win big games and have shown it for years. 10-7 this year, with no injuries, but 2-5 against teams with winning records. same old jets

12. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Posting at 5:30? Now this is new.

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Are you saying that you think I am unaware that you are aware of what I posted?

14. Tight

Tight Active Member

Zing. Hahahaha. Like cakes said, dont get to wrapped up in these things to many things change from year to year.

15. steviep

steviep Active Member

If you look year to year, the playoff teams change by half each year.

Its just too hard to guess which teams are going to be better. Im sure that many teams wrote in wins against the Jets and the Saints -- and thought Miami and Carolina were going to the Superbowl.

Because only two games are dependant on place (KC and Tenn) -- there is not much point worrying about it. Miami, Buff and NE all play the same schedule (minus two, of course).

16. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Same old jets are dead. This team went 10-6 this yr plus a wildcard berth when everyone expected 5 to 6 wins. Now we are 28 million under the cap, and have 2 second round picks. This team is going to greatly improve again. 10-6 + WC berth is a great start, now they just have to build on it.

17. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

There are two quarterbacks on that list that are actually upper echelon QB's

Brady and Palmer.

McNair is on the downside of a career, Baltimore is still carried by it's Defense.
    McNabb will be coming off knee surgery, and Garcia is hot right now, but by no means upper echelon... he's serviceable.
    Romo isn't as good as everyone would like to believe, not even close.
    Big Ben, can you say new system in Pittsburgh, you saw what happened without the running game being dominant there this year. Granted they won 5 of thier last 6, but new headcoach, and a new system (unless is Wizenhut .. yeah I spelt it wrong.. sue me)
    Young is do for the Sophomore slump... you think he's going to be able to just run around next year... teams will be prepared for that much more than they were this year... and he has no recievers, in case you hadn't noticed.

I don't fear anyone on next years schedule, because we, too, are a playoff team, and outside of Chicago in the NFC, none of those teams really impress me enough to say, if we are in the NFC, we have a ligit shot to be in the Championship game against Chicago.

Ellis

18. toontheman88

toontheman88 Member

Same old jets will not be dead until a super bowl victory. SOJ find ways to lose big games and they certainly did that yesterday. Also, it is nice that the national media likes mangini, and i am happy with what he has done so far, but lets give him a couple more years before we put his name next to weeb's.

19. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

If the lines don't change between now and opening day 2007, then I'll worry...somehow, I don't think Man and Tan will stand pat...

20. steviep

steviep Active Member

20-13 with the ball in the 4th Q and we should be in worry mode?

You dark siders are too much to take.

The key is to make the playoffs every year.

Bellicheck/Brady are great b/c they have won three times.

Kelly/Levy are great (but a rung below) because they were there four times.

Shanhanan is a top coach b/c he makes the playoffs every year.

Okay not this year -- but as much as anyone.