Addiction Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by BroadwayAaron, Dec 7, 2022.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Wonder if he developed some sort of habit while he was out with an injury. Reckless speculation on my part but I'd assume it's not hard to get hooked on something that makes you feel better when you're out in pain.

barfolomew, azhar80 and Jojo like this.
  2. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I am an addict. I fell dangerously close to an addiction to oxy and percs from a spinal surgery. It wasn’t until I went into withdrawal from stopping that I realized how addicted I was. It’s a shame the stereotype given to addicts, but most people addicted on opiates are extremely good hearted people who had no idea they were falling into a lifetime of addiction thanks to their doctors.

3. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers for Mitchell's opioid addiction

dmw likes this.
  4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

is that confirmed?

azhar80 likes this.
  5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Is this confirmed!?

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

no, just speculation. unfair speculation TBH

7. BroadwayAaron

I hope you don't think I was saying anything negative about him in that post. If anything I'm echoing what your'e saying. It's not hard at all to get addicted to something when doctors are telling you it will help ease the pain.

papapump, Jojo and barfolomew like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Do we even know that to be true?

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong. All the best to you and all that have been afflicted bylong term use of pain supressors

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Not at all. It was sarcasm for all the crystal ball readers out there.

11. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Let’s hope he doesn’t turn into a junky. This team needs depth for next year.

barfolomew likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

God bless Max Mitchell and I hope the next trick he turns will be the one that puts him on the road to recovery. It's always sad when opioid addiction drives a young man to sell his body for drugs.

13. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

This escalated quickly

JetFanInNE, Jojo and All Gas No Shake like this.
  14. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

It's a damn shame.

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Not for nothing but labeling yourself an addict when you're no longer using isn't at all therapeutic no matter what a group of brainwashed jackasses in a church basement tell you.

Good on you for getting yourself out of deadly quicksand. There are a lot of people directly responsible for the opiod scourge who should be in prison for life but will unfortunately never see the inside of a prison cell.

We all know people who were harmed or are dead because of it. Speaking of which, when the lid blows off on the poison that is anti-depressants, king me. I've been saying it for over 20 years, and I couldn't be more right. More dead people who shouldn't be.

12 Step is not science, btw. It's horseshit. Strength comes from within not from without. Continued luck to you.

K'OB likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That lid is explosion-welded shut for fear of its possible involvement in a myriad of political issues.

Plus.. MONEY!!!!

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

No, not at all even if it represented (in your own words) "reckless speculation" on your part about someone whom you don't know from a hole in the wall or whose circumstances you have no access to.

BrowningNagle and abyzmul like this.
  18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I’ve had an obsessive addictive tendency since I was a kid. I started getting blackout drunk at 16 and never stopped. Pills, powders, everything but injecting and thank God not meth. I finally stopped drinking in 2019. Quitting drinking meant quitting coke and pills and shit because I knew I couldn’t do those and not drink. I smoke weed. A lot of weed. It makes me nice to everyone except Zach Wilson lol (and a couple Zach Wilson enthusiasts) , but I can tell you that I’m much more in control of myself and much sharper mentally when I have a little cannabis throughout my day. Put alcohol in me and I immediately begin destroying everything around me. I never did 12 step, I just stopped cold turkey for everything including cigs (fuck those awful things). If I so much as have one drink the dam will burst. I’m an addict, it’s happened before. But now is the longest ever and honestly I just can’t even fathom going back to that life.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm glad you're not a sheep, but do yourself a favor and ditch that label. That label is the very definition of the pervasive sheepdom that causes a hell of a lot more harm than good. Ditching it is not to be confused with not holding oneself responsible for one's actions.

Why wear a Scarlet Letter emblazoned on your chest that doesn't define you? A is for addict, pffft. A is for Alive.

Man, I miss Vick Blows.

joe, K'OB, abyzmul and 1 other person like this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

Spare me.