The loss hurts, but feels good to know we have a QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 4, 2022.

1. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Yeah aside from some rough calls against the Jets by the officials ( that holding on Sauce seemed especially atrocious to me at the time) I thought the story of the game was that the Jets just didn't get the bounces. You could compile a pretty lengthy list of little bobbles, barely missed its, almost had its, and didn't quite catch its and to be honest I think it was mostly just a case of bad luck.

As Soylent points out, just a couple of those fall the Jets way and we're all talking deep playoff hopes and commenting on what a nice job White did bringing those tablets down off the mountain.

Vikings are now 10-2, had the home field, and the Jets looked every bit as good to me. Far cry from most of the last decade.

Jets81, KY Jets Fan, Brook! and 5 others like this.
  2. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Because no matter how many Tom Bradys, Kurt Warners, Russell Wilsons, Dak Prescotts, Steve Youngs, or Joe Montanas there are, people can't grasp the idea that a QB drafted after the 1st round is ever going to amount to anything significant. Unfortunately, as good as Mike could be, it seems like a lot of fans and the media want him dumped ASAP. Like you said, if Zach Wilson had a game like this, it would have been considered spectacular. If it was an established star like Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes, the attitude would be "Eh, you can't win 'em all." But with Mike White, everyone is saying today clearly showed how limited he is, how he's clearly not a long term answer, etc. Unfortunately, it usually takes winning it all for a post-1st round QB to prove he's the guy, and often nothing short of it. I strongly believe that if the Patriots lost the Tuck Rule game, Drew Bledsoe probably would have been starting for the Patriots again the next year as Brady was, like Mike White, good but not spectacular in 2001.

I just hope they give White enough time to show whether or not he's worth a long term investment.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It Is wild, the mentality that a lot of fans gave In regards to draft status, hype, blah, blah...

The kid Is young, has had some big games with big moments sprinkled In. He deserves a true shot at the job...

...but we can't do that. We are too worried about what everyone thinks If we missed on the #2 pick In the draft.

Mind boggling. Truly.

I know I could care less If this team originally drafted him. I could care less where he was drafted. I could care less who's "supposed" to be the chosen one.

I just want to watch a winning team play toe to toe with the best teams, year In, year out.

Make the playoffs. Have a lot of awesome games.

.... And maybe actually win a fucking Superbowl In my lifetime. If Mike White came from space to play for this team, idgaf, If he shows he Is more than capable of consistently getting this offense to produce. That he can win meaningful games.

What else matters to the lot of ya's?

It's embarrassing listening to all the fan hate towards the kid. Fans that refuse to actually see what's happening because their too busy wondering how Zach Wilson can be our savior one day. Possibly. Maybe. Meh.

Mike Effing White.

I really enjoyed these last two weeks with him under center. I look forward to more.

4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

This is the best I've felt about a Jets loss in a long, long time mostly because the deficiencies on this team are so glaringly obvious (and fixable in one offseason) that only a front office led by someone like Woody Johnson could f--k it up and not properly address them.

Poeman likes this.
  5. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I was able to watch this game in my area today and it was a great game to watch.

The Vikings did the same thing to my Pats. Your QB throws for over 300 yards and you still lose. The Vikings don't make dumb mistakes.

Their defense after this game has a red zone of 25% of opponents scoring in the last three games. They are 2nd to the 49ers who have a 25% of opponents scoring in the last three games.

I think the jets were 1 out of 6 which is not good. Your defense and your kicker kept you in this game.

Look the Jets have a chance of making the playoffs, but I cannot see them going far in the playoffs.

The offense still needs improvement. The defense is clearly good enough to take you far.

Poeman and Lon Chaney like this.
  6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We would rather have a QB that passes for 300 yards but we lose the game? Mike White just played two of the worst defenses in the NFL and completed less than 50% of his passes and two picks (should have been 3). and you are ready to crown him.

What this game proved is our only good receiver is Garrett Wilson and MW just looked for him when we got behind (righfully soi). It proved Elijah (pouting Moore) sucks. Most what this game proved is that Mike Lefluer is the worst OC in the NFL.

We will find out about Mike White this weekend playing his first real defense.

He played great against the Bears and poor against the Vikings With our o-line and the the Bills d-line I fear it will be a rough day against Buffalo.

With Lefleur calling the plays he might throw it another 50 times against a team we beat running the ball.

red75bronco likes this.
  7. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

And that’s his fault because MLF can’t call a competent game that doesn’t require us to be down DD and then be forced to throw lol. He is the main reason we were down that much by dumb ass third down and short throwing plays. Run the damn ball

8. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

MIke Whites the guy for the season. You can see him back in the pocket, stepping up, going through progressions and delivering with intent. He's not a world beater, but he looked real good in the second half yesterday.

I do have a few problems with play calling, and think it isn't setting up the O to succeed.

BrowningNagle and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It was all competent football though and the INT's were a fluke. It wasn't like he was trying to throw It away, twice In the same game, out of the pocket, along the sideline, to the other team. I've yet to see an INT that has looked anywhere near as bad as Zach Wilson's.

Also, when you throw 57 times, It gets a lot harder to maintain a high completion percentage. It's also odd that you knock him for his completion percentage and then confidently still think Zach Wilson Is the answer.

Even though Zach Wilson has had how many more games In the NFL than Mike White? Zach Wilson has a CAREER completion percentage of 55%. Mike White... Is 65% career. That's a significant difference.

What this game proved.. Is that this offense, even when struggling, looks 200x's better with Mike White under center, than, Zach Wilson. It's proved that Mike White has the tools needed to throw for a lot of yards, to play comeback ball, to be composed, and consistently shows that he can definitely play In this league.

MLF to you Is the worst OC In the NFL, yet, has an explosive and productive unit when our BACKUPS are under center. That Is plural. Yet, this offense can't get going with Zach Wilson under center.

That's far more damning than anything else.

Are there things that can be better? Yep. Are there things that NEED to be better? Yep.

Who's more likely to achieve that for the team and fans, under center?

If you said... Zach Wilson.

Welp.. Show me the evidence, I've yet to see It.

Even In a loss. A LOSS. Mike White looked significantly better than any game we've won with Zach Wilson under center.

..and If that's the case. We WILL win more games In the long run with someone like Mike White under center. It's inevitable.

Lastly.. I'm tired of hearing about the Vikings being dog shit. They are 10-2 for a reason. Undefeated against the ENTIRE AFC East. Which, seemingly, seems, to be one of the best divisions In ALL of football judging by the records alone.

I've never seen people defend shitty football and football players In all the years I've been a fan, this hard. This much. I truly don't get It.

We are absolutely better with Mike White under center. I don't get how that's even a debate right now. Oh, well.

Keep shitting on the kid I guess. MLF, fuck him too, I guess. Worst OC In the NFL. Worst OC we've ever had.. blah, blah, blah...

Have a good day.

Jets79 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

See my reply above

11. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Very small sample size so not trying to overreact but this is a very telling stat about the efficacy of the offense with MW as opposed to Zach.

Barring an epic collapse by MW over the next 2-3 games, I don't think we see Zach back on the field this year.

12. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

No one is crowning Mike White. That still has yet to be proven. White hasn’t proven he’s a franchise QB, but he’s beaten the pants off of Zach Wilson and proven that he deserves to hold the starting job for the rest of the year. We still need to see if he’s the guy or if we’re looking to FA or the draft for our next QB. What’s unanimous with the exception of you and bickety as that no one ever wants to see Zach under center here again, including Zach’s teammates.

13. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I never said it was Mike White's fault. I am just not ready to crown him when he has played two bad defenses. The passing game was more about GW being good Mike White lighting it up. He was definitely hampered by bad playcalling. The big play for the TD was a running play.

I like Mike White but they way are o-line is playing and going up against a real pass defense, Mike Lafleur goes pass heavy there si a good chance Mike White does not make it through this game (Von MIller or not).

I would suspect we run the ball a bit more.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  14. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You are one of the worst posters on this site. The people that matter on Zach is the coaching staff. Please do not reply to my posts you are going on ignore.

bicketybam likes this.
  15. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I hope you are right, especially after Garoppolo broke his friggin' foot yesterday. I was warming up to the idea of the Jets signing him for 3-4 years.

Nyjets4eva and Poeman like this.
  16. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

18. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

19. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

20. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator