Sen. Joe Addabbo wants the Jets to come back to Queens

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ROCCO, Sep 29, 2022.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Have you been to any other stadiums?
    Have you been to MetLife?

PS the bathroom lines in the club section are the entire halftime

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LMAO.... it may have had something to do with the 15K more seats in the Meadowlands

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Damn first like for RaleBird in probably a decade. Well said.

There’s not a single sporting event on the planet that you don’t experience traffic in/out. Traffic being a concern is a weak concern.

Sure it’d be slightly shittier in Queens than Jersey, but it wouldn’t be that much different. Nor would it be that different than it was at Giants stadium which had an atrocious traffic construction in the parking lot.

#143 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 2, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
    stinkyB likes this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If Elon Musk bought the team, we would teleport to the stadium.

He would also teleport half the employees to the moon.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It's not an uncommon thing to use NY name for NJ teams. Most teams do it. You have Jets, Giants, and Red Bulls in soccer. The only teams that doesn't do it is the Devils in hockey. Doesn't mean they belong in NY, they just use the marketing name. Jets had plenty of chances to stay or come back to NY, but didn't want it. They only played in NY for 23 seasons. This is the 38th season in NJ in Meadowlands. At this point the Jets is the NJ team with NY name on it for purely marketing purposes.

#145 Borat, Dec 3, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Keep the Jets in New Jersey. I can walk to Florham Park facility, some Jet players and coaches etc live in my town. I shop from the same liquor store as great Joe Douglas. Metlife is only 30 minute drive to my home.

I am super selfish I know but Jets are my hometown team. Keep the Jets in New Jersey Woody. New York ain't got nothing on our beautiful state. :D:p

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Give us the scoop, is Joe a bourbon, whiskey, or more of a vodka, tequila man?

Brook! likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

My money is on beer.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

It’s never happening. The Jets are a jersey team forever. New York is a dump with the worst politicians and it’s dirty and crime ridden. Florham Park is beautiful as is the towns they live in. Nobody would come to the Jets if they had live in queens or that parking lot Long Island.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So young multi millionaires would hate living in NYC?
    Good to know. When i hit it big I'll be sure to move to a hot spot like Scottsdale, Az

11. Jonathan_Vilma

The poster is exaggerating but so are you. Not sure about income but Arizona is the second fastest growing state in the union.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/fastest-growing-states

S
    o yeah. People are flocking to Scottsdale among other cities in that state.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Texas is having a mass influx of people from California, Arizona is probably seeing something similar.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

14. The Waterboy

I just thought the exaggeration was a bit much.

Pretty sure it's a large number of retirees moving to AZ and not young, well off, individuals.

If you are young and have a bunch of money would you rather live in Alpine, NJ or Manhattan

15. The Waterboy

If you look at your first link and this link, you had an increase of 129k total and around 1400 young professionals, making $100k or so, of that 129k. That is less than .8% of the total.

I've no doubt that those making $100k or so would move from CA and NY, since $100k in NY is like $45k in Arizona or Central Florida, you are living ok but not getting ahead. My son just moved to Denver from NYC because he was in that demographic.

But we are talking about those making $1m and more. I don't think they are worrying as much about an affordable place to live as they are worrying about where the action is

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I do know they worry about taxes, this comes up every time there is competing offer from Florida for FAs. Is there a City tax if they play NYC on top of state tax? If so, it will make some difference, though not sure how much.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Yeah I mean you can skirt around the numbers and justify whatever you want, but you’re point blank wrong. Folks in the demographics you denied are moving to Arizona more than they are moving to New York.

And the fact is - professional free agent athletes are much more aware of the tax ramifications and the living environment they are in than they have ever been in the past. The multimillion dollar athlete cares less about the competitive franchise they are going to and more about the money they make and quality of life they are living.

20 years ago they wanted to win. Today they want to make their money and get out. If they can do so in a dessert with no winter and limited traffic and 15 acres of property versus a penthouse with trash weather lunatics all around them, I’d think they choose the better situation if money is relatively equal.

18. The Waterboy

If you are talking about between NJ and NY, which are the locations originally being discussed, then tax wise I don't think there is much difference. In fact some areas of NJ will be higher than NY overall I believe

19. The Waterboy

He was saying young millionaires would want to live in NJ over NY. I made the AZ comment in jest so let's go back to the original comments.

He said they the players would rather live in Jersey than NYC. Tax implications are really not very different between NJ and NY so that is not really a factor. There are many nice places in Jersey but be real, you think more 22 year old millionaires would rather live in Scottsdale or Alpine over NYC? And you want numbers? NYC is home to more rich people than any city in the world.

Trying to make the conversation about people making $100k a year is not addressing the demographic we are discussing.

KingRoach and Ralebird like this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I was just on LI for Thanksgiving. Anybody considering moving there from just about anywhere else in the universe has my sympathies.