The Robinson Situation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Nov 30, 2022.

1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

This is classic click bait nonsense.....

Can't you people use a little common sense when reading dumb articles like this?

Robert Saleh decided to make Robinson inactive because he wanted to get Bam Knight some work. He wants a stable of running backs because that's what it takes to win in December and into the playoffs. It doesn't have anything to do with Robinson other than Saleh made him inactive because he couldn't fit him on the 47 player game day roster.

James Robinson has absolutely nothing to worry about. As we get late into the season we're going to see much more of Knight and Johnson just so Saleh can be sure he's got as many as 4 running backs to make a playoff run.

Honestly, why do all of you fall for this crap? And make no mistake, it is complete CRAP....

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

He got beat out in practice by better players and found himself inactivated.

I don't see how mouthing off about it did him any favors.

I would keep him around in case one of our other backs gets injured.

hornblower likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This is the classic over reaction to some passing comment by a media click bait guru that might have put the mike in front of his face at the wrong time. I'm glad he said I want to play. He cares and wants to contribute. He can be an asset and injuries do happen as we well know. We have the right horses. No one is getting cut. Too much reaction to media news.

4. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

Good, I'm glad he's pissed, hopefully, he'll take it out on the Vikes, because I don't think MC will play.

5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

He was averaging 4.3 YPC with Jacksonville this season and only 3 with us. Not sure if the drop off is the scheme, lack of playbook knowledge, or that he faced some tough defenses with us. Or, the knee could still be bothering him?

6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Another option: Pats stacked the box cause no concern about ZW passing successfully

stinkyB and ouchy like this.
  7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Not sure where Robinson fits in with Knight entering the fray. Knight has looked electric any time he's been on the field. I recall our beat writers raving about him as far back as training camp. He also doesn't have any of the injury baggage Robinson does.

8. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

took the words outta my mouth.

9. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

social media makes the world worse somehow

hornblower and LAJet like this.
  10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah Somehow :D Even my longtime level headed Jets fan buddy since the 70's who now lives in TX was sucked in by the headlines and reached out to me about how "Now James Robinson is complaining!". He's not complaining. The reporter went to him. He said he wants to play. Hell, even I want to play. Who doesn't want to play?

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's hurt. He was hurt when we acquired him. He wants to play because he knows injured RB's are a dime a dozen and headed for used car salesman if they are lucky and personable.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Somehow"? Is "everyhow" a word?

13. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t look good for Carter this Sunday.

Run angry J-Rob right down their throats.

Go Jets.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I want every single guy with no clock time to be "upset." I want a hungry culture where every single guy has an inherent need to be on the field contributing. Why anyone here wants to scoff at a writer who gets a guy to say how he feels about his own part, or lack of same, in an important game is simply missing the point.

15. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Glad we have Robinson for depth, especially with all of the injuries at RB, but the younger player that Knight is and the way he performed last week, I want to see more of him first.

Borat likes this.
  16. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Never trade for a RB. Just keep running the practice squad fodder into the ground. Then use the long snappers when you run out.

17. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

Dude is slow as shit

Cman68 likes this.
  18. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

With MC1 doubtful this week, Robinson will have his shot.

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Robinson has not been great so far, but he did help us win against Buffalo in a major way. We didn't break a bank. If other guys are better than him, it's not the worst thing. Yeah, we could have saved a 6th rounder if we were confident in our guys, but we got insurance in case of injury or Johnson/Knight sucking. And looks like Carter is indeed injured, so you never know, we might need James again. I am still OK with the move to get him.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The reported slowness of shit has been exaggerated. I can testify to this every time I drink the water in Mexico. I've had shits that were faster than Devin Hester.

Ray Lucas and mrjet80 like this.