Flex Scheduling (Bills-Jets game NOT Changed)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFanDoc, Nov 28, 2022.

1. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Its kind of shocking to me that next Sunday night wasn't flexed. Jerry Jones has a lot of pull.

What do we see the chances of Jets-Bills week 14 getting flexed to SNF? I'm really hoping it does, I have a conference I am going to that weekend and the biggest session is 2PM Sunday :oops:

Footballgod214 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Prob Mia @ Chargers

3. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I don’t think the networks trust the jets, especially with Mike white (who did poorly last year against them) to not crap the bed.

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Eagles at Giants is another possibility if they move the Broncos-Chiefs game.

5. JetsFanDoc

Yeah I was thinking Eagles Giants too. But I can see them deciding the Mike White story is compelling and the NY fanbase boost. I dunno, maybe me just hoping to will it into existence LOL.

6. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

There was an article in the Post today about that possibility. Costello thinks Jets-Bills has a really good shot at being flexed into SNF.

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Certainly possible. Broncos-Chiefs is a bad game. Between the Dolphins - Chargers, Jets - Bills, Eagles - Giants the league has options here. These three games are good games with the playoffs at stake.

KY Jets Fan and mrjet80 like this.
  8. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

You guys are funny. Just because we think (or wish) we are good, doesn't mean anyone else does LOL.

stinkyB likes this.
  9. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I like not being flexed. I am far more confident in the Jets playing at 1 or 4 on Sunday. The scars of embarrassing prime time Jets games run deep....

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I think NFL can only move 2 games into SNF during the season outside week 18. They already did this once by dropping the Steelers game and moving Chiefs-Chargers to SNF. So they only have 1 shot left. Not sure if they want to use this shot on Week 14 but we shall see.

Also Cowboys-Giants game on Thanksgiving had 42 million viewers which is a record for a regular season game. Eagles-Giants might have a bigger audience then Mike White led Jets versus Bills.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Next season get ready for the Jets to be in a lot of prime time games.

1. Big market NYC area football team that is good.
    2. The division is strong all around. Expect a decent amount of AFCE prime time games next year.
    3. AFCE plays the NFCE so you have some nice interconference matchups that can be played on primetime.

If I remember correctly the years the Jets went to back to back AFCCG with Rex the following year they were scheduled for 4 or 5 prime time games. I remember we had a lot. I don't know if they will get 4 or 5 next year but I bet they get scheduled for 2 or 3 at least.

Brook! likes this.
  12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

If this website is to be believed, I think the 2 game rule only applies during Weeks 5-10. Looks like the NFL can change as many games as they want during Weeks 11-17.

The NFL website doesn't specifically say anything about how many times it can be used during Weeks 11-17 though, so I'm not sure if the above is 100% accurate.

Brook! likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Bills Jets has a great chance to be flexed because the original networks can each protect one game.

Fox is going to want to keep Giants Eagles without question. CBS probably opts to keep the Chargers Dolphins since it’s at 4

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

That game is 100% getting flexed out of SNF.

If I were to take a guess, I think the Giants-Eagles gets moved into SNF. FOX already has the Bucs-49ers game at 4:25.

I do believe that CBS and FOX are allowed to block one game per year from getting flexed to. But FOX would lose anyway on this because if they blocked the flex of Giants-Eagles, then they would just flex Bucs-49ers into SNF that same week anyway.

I remember CBS blocked a game back in 2013: https://fansided.com/2013/10/10/cbs-protects-broncos-chiefs-match-wont-flexed-snf/

15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

It’d be awesome if they flexed this week I to prime time. 8:30pm Cousins is definitely different than 1pm Cousins.

16. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

A lot of those scars are from the Rex era...

GREG likes this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

This week's SNF is set. Cowboys will play Indy.

NFL has to decide on SNF match up Tuesdays for the SNF game the week after.

So tomorrow NFL will decide if they want to move current SNF game and replace it with something else. Jets-Bills and Eagles-Giants are two contenders right now if they decide to do so.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’d rather keep the game at 1. You get a crazier crowd, colder weather, higher chance of coming out flat on the road, etc.

Let’s keep rolling in the 1 o’clock window.

twown likes this.
  19. JetsFanDoc

I agree in general, but for the Sunday I’m talking about its the difference between me being able to watch or not lol.

IDFjet likes this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's really what they flexed? Does anyone find that matchup compelling at all?