So, how good are we really?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 28, 2022.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if they went 0-6….they are too good of a team.

2. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I have A different view or perspective of this. Enjoying this as we re playing meaningful games in Dec and just take this one game at a time.

Regardless who we play, I feel we can not only compete but win some games. Regardless who is at RBs, may they each have solid contributions! Defense, who ever plays, may they continue to swarm and put pressure. And OL, whoever plays, I don’t want to hear, “he sucks”, because all it matters is that they do the job for the game. This is a team’s game and performance. Now big games down the stretch but take it one game at a time.

Snatch Catch, SOJAZ, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We are good enough for me to believe we have a shot to win in every game. Doesn't mean it'll happen every week, but it's nice to have that feeling. Last year, I knew we were losing before many games even started.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's been a roller coaster of a season. Tough losses followed by big wins, followed by tough losses. I expect that to continue so predicting a playoff berth, let alone a SB, is beyond reasonable IMO. It's possible If the split their last 6 games and go 10-7 they have a good chance of earing a WC berth, and then anything is possible, as proven by Rex's 2 playoff runs out of the WC spot. I hope we get to ride that kind of train as far as it takes us.

5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I think 10-7 and outside looking in is a reasonable possibility considering how good the AFC is and the fact that we lose almost all the tiebreakers with the teams around us. That's 3-3 the rest of the way, which would be a tremendous accomplishment. This is a team that, literally, hasn't played a meaningful NOVEMBER game in 7 years, much less a meaningful December game. I want a playoff spot so bad, but at the same time I'm just as psyched knowing we almost definitely won't be out of it during the holidays.

That said, to answer the actual questions, I think this is a young, super-talented team with a very good defense (not ready to say great yet, need to see better tackling and some turnovers - OMG with the fumbles (pointed out previously)), a ton of talent on offense and if we can just solidify that line a bit more and ensure that White is going to protect the ball (his only real knock is an exceedingly high turnover rate), then we can sneak in and maybe win a game. If 2009 repeats itself, maybe we can get to KC in January, but I don't see us getting past them.............this year.

If Douglas drafts even reasonably well the next couple of years (to ask for 2022 again would be crazy), this team will have a serious foundation and contend for years. But I don't think that's this year.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

this season is reminding me of 1981.

Noam likes this.
  7. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

The Jets are better than they have been in a long while. The roster is pretty well stocked with talented players overall. Our defense is top 5 (3??) and hopefully what we saw yesterday was a preview of what can happen with solid QB play. No team scares me because of our defense and our playmakers on offense are just coming into their own. This team has shown some amazing resilience through ups and downs. Sure, I would have loved us to beat the Pats at least once but if White had played those games I think we win one or both of them.

Looks like we are very possibly playoff bound. Who knows what can happen if we make it. These kind of seasons are the most fun in sports in my opinion. The team is exceeding expectations and we are watching them mature and learn week to week. The positive is outweighing the negative and you can see the belief growing in both the players and the fans. Whatever happens let's enjoy the ride this season with the expectation of better things to come in the future!

8. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

12-5. Our only loss comes in Miami

Pepsiguy5 and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we should have 2 "gimme games" with the lions and jags. that makes us 9-4. the other 4 are against playoff teams (bills, fins, vikings, seahawks) so even a 2-2 split there (ideally the 2 wins being fins and bills) puts us at 11-6 with a 4-2 divisional record and tie breakers over buff and mia. at this point though 10-11 wins is pretty realistic

Brook! likes this.
  10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Just take it a game at a time fellows.

IMHO, we have a good to VG D. ST good to very good. O coming along. With Mitchell and Her back the OL looked alot better. They get another week of practice under then belts as well as MW w/WR and RBs; so yes, we can make the playoffs but the team will have to continue to improve and and play within system. MW will have to play well - not great - just adequate within the scheme and we should be in every game into the 4th Q where we can let the dogs loose and run the ball ...

49ers are using the same system and they just one 4 games and starting to peak... why not us?

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My Take:

A lot depends on our QB play..ie if the real Mike White continues to stand up

Zach cost us losses with his inconsistencies ..both NE games right? We lost Breece Hall but we can work around that imo

The Defense is consistently good

At this point we have a CHANCE to run the table ..considering I thought this Team was dead in the water back in September I don't believe I am even posted as such

So the Jets go as Mike White goes imo

Looking forward to another goodgame!!

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Lions and jags are trending up too.

MoWilkBeast, stinkyB and Lon Chaney like this.
  13. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Let's not forget. All these other teams are going to be playing one another down the stretch.

The Jets could realistically end up anywhere from #2 in the AFC and hosting multiple playoff games to #9 and playing golf in late January.

I'm excited bc this defense will give then a chance IN ANY GAME. Give me some Mike White competency and let's roll.

14. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

And the Jags game is a Thursday nighter where sh*t always seems to go sideways and witchcraft appears to be legal.

stinkyB likes this.
  15. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Devin Smith flashbacks

Snatch Catch likes this.
  16. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

From a talent perspective for this season if White is really good we're as good as anybody in the NFL.

If we had a more practical coach we'd probably be 8-3 right now and in the driver's seat. Not sold on Saleh at all and definitely not sold on JD. Why?

Because the OL could be a total disaster area next year based on who we're relying on this year and then the offense is back to baseline.

19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

another hmm

Snatch Catch likes this.
  20. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I have greatly enjoyed the Mike White experience, and find him especially easy to root for.

I just can't imagine he's THE answer. Not because I don't want him to be - quite the contrary - but because it's too storybook/fairytale for me to believe is possible.

If anyone can break that sentiment I hold though, it's Joe Douglas. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Losmeister likes this.