Flacco.... Why?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I have no idea what Flacco's value is to this roster. He's old, slow and basically a R.O.A.D QB. (Retired on Acitve Duty). He's just cashing his game checks and waiting for the season to end. If his job was to mentor Zach even minimally, he's failed at it. If his job was to hold the fort until Zach got healthy? Great and thanks for the memories.

At this point, keeping Streveler on the PS while Flacco just sucks up a roster spot is a disservice to the team. If its a spark that's needed once White goes down, does anyone here really expect Flacco to come in and save the day? I know I don't.

If Flacco is supposed to be the Veteran Presence on the Roster, he's pretty much sleep walking thru it. I guess they're paying Joe too much money to be on the PS.

2. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I agree to some degree. Joe Flacco, regardless of anything else is not the teams future. So investing time in starting Flacco doesn't move the team forward. The Jets need to see about the future of young QB's that can potentially be on the team long term. That's why starting Mike White is the only move that makes sense. Now, I don't fault the Jets for having Joe Flacco on the team this season. He's the veteran voice and probably the voice of wisdom for Zach and White.....

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Boss. From what I see when I go to games, each time Zach is on the sideline looking at his iPad, Flacco is by his side talking to him. Maybe in game QB coach or something?

Savatage likes this.
  4. Cman68

I thought that was Calabrese's job.. Whatever Flacco is telling Zach, he needs to stop cause it ain't helping.

cmcm750203, NYJetsO12 and IDFjet like this.
  5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Reporter: Zach, do you think you let the defense down today?

*Zach looks offstage at Flacco.

[​IMG]

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Streveler is not an option, it’s not like he is some unknown young talent that just needs a shot. He’s gotten a shot and failed, pretty miserably.

Streveler is only an option to the same Jets fans who thought Ratliff or Simms or McElroy were legit options. They weren’t and neither is Streveler.

Obviously Saleh is gonna want a vet back up just in case White does get hurt and can’t finish game.

cmcm750203, Mogriffjr, Aero and 5 others like this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

ya, I'd love to see The Strev also, but the role of the BUQB is to win games, not just entertain the crowd. Strev hasn't taken a single NFL snap, while 'ol Joe is a SuperBowl winning MVP. And he's younger than Tom Brady and Arron Rogers, so he ain't THAT old, despite what his kids tell him!

BleedJetsGreen1981 and Cman68 like this.
  8. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

flacco is the insurance policy every week behind white. when white gets hurt flacco will be able to calm everyone down and get us through the game. it's after that, then what? streveler or wilson. a losing situation no matter what, all around.

9. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Of the four QBs on the roster, Flacco is the only one with any kind of playing experience. If you dump Flacco, you got what, three guys who have played a total of three seasons, if that? Whether or not Flacco's experience will be of any value is up for debate, but as an insurance policy, you can do a lot worse.

10. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

As much as I would enjoy seeing Streveler under center for the Jets I think the coaching staff is hesitant to promote a qb who's recent success has been against second stringers.

His major forte is his rushing ability especially when escaping pressure. He has issues with anticipating heavy pressure and that's when his footwork and mechanics bog down forcing him to rush throws.

If he was a truly viable option he would have been plucked off of the practice squad already.

Flacco, statue though he may be, can still throw a tight spiral, is a veteran and in a pinch can move the chains and hold the fort.

11. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Honestly hope he’s not in the roster next year, he a waste of a spot imo

12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Hey, easy now, I am still here! I don't like!

twown likes this.
  13. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The Coin predicted we lose this game so the question is “how do we lose this game” and “what do we do next”.

I don’t see the Bears putting up big points so we’d have to lose by inopportune turn overs and shoddy QB play.

A loss to the Bears sets the stage for Flacco getting the starting job, putting up a 5 game win streak and losing in the AFC championship game.

The Coin has spoken.

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think Saleh wants to have someone with experience. It is possible both While and Streveler are very bad, so at least from Flacco you can probably get average passer rating 80, which is an upgrade over Zach's 70. So, he basically now wants to see if White can do better than that. If not I hope they activate Streveler and move White to PS. But he can't let go of Flacco, because in him we have a player who is definitely better than Zach, and guarantees that small upgrade, that certain level, while White and Streveler are not as certain at all and could be even worse than what Zach gave us.

I do think both White and Streveler are better than Zach and Flacco now, but we are just not sure until they play. Hence Flacco will stay on. I do think that if White sucks tomorrow, they need to activate Streveler. Hopefully it won't be the case though. There is a small hope that White won't be bad, because after two bad preseason outings, White had a good one as a starter. I am afraid this shows inconsistency though, not improvement. It's worth noting, both Zach and Flacco were terrible in preseason against the starters, albeit with a small sample size. We are talking about scrubs here, and I have a feeling out of the current Jets QBs Streveler may give the Jet the best chance to win, just based on pre-season performance. No, I don't mean he will be a star, just better than the other scrubs we have at the position.

azhar80 and Cman68 like this.
  15. Cman68

Any word on the Power Ball tonite?

16. KingRoach

As far as I know, the coin was only used to ask yes and no questions about the current Jets season.

I didn’t run to Vegas when I saw the original post in the pre season but at 11-0 IMO it should be considered right until it’s wrong.

Nyjets4eva and Cman68 like this.
  17. Cman68

Sure could use 6 good numbers man... Very disappointing..

Nyjets4eva, KingRoach and stinkyB like this.
  18. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very fair concern. There is a part of me that thinks most of us are too comfortable believing that all is well now that we benched Zach. Don’t get me wrong, I went on record to say we should have benched Zach last week in the fourth quarter, simply because Zach was so out of synch that any change would have resulted in a victory for us. It would have been the perfect transition for White.
    Tomorrow, new game, new game plan and the pressure centers more so on White to win this game from the on set, get us back in the hunt and turn things around for this team. I will root my ass off for White to be successful moving forward, wish him nothing but the best.
    But truth is we don’t know nearly enough about White, we just hope he does better than Zach’s last game and well enough to be the answer for the remainder of the year. That is still a big if, and God forbid, if he stumbles out of the gate, the front office will be facing a significant dilema.
    Short the QB this team is damned good enough to make the playoffs and be a contender. There will be plenty of pressure over the next few games. Our best and probably only option is for White to keep the ship moving in the right direction. If the pressure is such that we drift towards another change, short of injury then the QB carousel will put us into some turbulent times and impact the players even more.
    Making the playoffs is no longer a long shot, is expected and a goal.
    I’m hoping White hits it out of the park and remains our QB till at least season end. At this point is what best for our team.

19. KingRoach

Nah, that money is cursed. The best thing I can do for you is not give you the numbers.

You’re welcome.

I’ll give you a ticket to the game. I can only imagine how the Jets manage to lose to the Bears.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Convenience because we only need average rn...