Where's the love for the front office in this?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Benching the starting QB generally involves the owner of the team.

I imagine Woody only had one question for Saleh/LeFleur: If we stay with Zack, do we make the POs?

NYJ1970 likes this.
  2. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Well, I honestly think the Jets are a BETTER team with White starting. Look at the stats. Wilson was worse than last in almost every major statistical category. So the move to MW makes sense. It's a common sense move meant to 1) increase the Jets chances at making the playoffs. 2) the players are now prepared to run through walls for Saleh. If you thought they played well so far? Button up you bonnet buttercup because their performance will take a significant move upward. 3) Elijah Moore is now a real weapon. Common sense will tell you it was ZACH that didn't know how to utilize Moore. Moore had his very BEST numbers with MW throwing him the ball.

3. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

QBs either get better or worse 2nd year. Wilson definitely regressed after his 7 game finish. Geno finished year 1 strong and like Zach started year 2 well then fell apart under the pressure. Darnold the same thing. Year 2 against the Cowboys then mentally devastated after the Pats game never to recover.

Either you are going forwards or backwards. Kudos to the FO and the CS for doing the right thing. I love how the CS has responded to adversity. How they handled Mimms, Moore and now Zach. Media were critical of the CS for being too tough on players in the off-season having a tough love philosophy but it seems to be working. But tough love style might not work for every personality e.g. Moore. Parcells would say you have to treat and motivate guys differently.

Regardless, the way they handled this Zach situation was really beautiful. Decisive, clear along with a path to redemption. Love this CS. We have not had a CS this professional and decisive since we had Belichick and Parcells.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Unfortunately you are right. Without a top QB the success is not sustainable. That's why it was absolutely monumental to get QB selection right, because then we are in good position for next 12+ years. For all the good JD has done, not hitting in on a FQB in 2020 was a colossal mistake, there is no sugar coating it. Still, if we make play-offs this season, it will not be the worst outcome - at least shorter term.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I don't think Zach regressed from his last 7 games last year, he just went back to playing a different brand of bad.

Zach's numbers from the last 7 games last year:

54% completion
    5.7 Y/A
    5 TDs
    2 INTs

And his numbers from the 7 games he played this year:

56% completion
    6.8 Y/A
    4 TDs
    5 INTs

Zach didn't play well in the last 7 games last year, he just played a different form of bad than he did earlier in the year. He went from sailing passes early in the year to throwing everything in the dirt later in the year. This year, he's gone back to the sailing passes routine (hence the higher Y/A but also higher INTs).

Acting like Zach played well in the 2nd half of last season was always incorrect.

Br4d, Jets79 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't remember him playing as bad after last year's injury as he did in the last week's NE game. Maybe statistically he had, but looking at the film, this was a true abomination of a performance. Probably on par with Sam's Ghosts game, from which Sam never really recovered from.

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Bad drafting, poor moves in free agency, and shitty coaching set this franchise back a decade.

Those 2 guys were just along for the ride.

NYJ1970, JetFanInNE and Br4d like this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I’ve been banging this drum for a long time as well…the stats were not showing any improvement…they’ve always been bad in terms of bottom of the league completion rate and yards per game. We heard all of the excuses from bad supporting cast to terrible OL to drops to throwaways and on and on

But the hard truth is that he’s always been this bad

best outcome is for him to sit and hopefully figure some shit out and work out from a team building perspective but I don’t think the odds are good

I’m happy with how we’re handling it now because it gives me hope that no way is JD going into next year with this group of QBs

SackRecord99 and Br4d like this.
  9. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Qb is the most important position on the team, Look at Brady, Manning, Mahomes they made undrafted players look like Jerry Rice, Jets have clearly proven they cannot draft and develop Qb's so no more drafting Qbs for the near future because this is a win now team not in 3 years when you figure out wether you developed a Qb or not, Pay a good qb the money, we got alot of talent on the team and can cut people like Lawson. If White turns out to be nothing special, I don't care where you have to get the money get a competent Qb in here. He doesn't have to be Joe Montana just competent to run the offense.

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I think Jimmy G makes a lot of sense…we are basically building SF East….strong running game, tough D….we don’t have a Bosa but we are getting pressure in waves and the rotation seems to be working well…just need an accurate QB to put the ball in playmakers hands and unfortunately Zach has never been able to do that consistently

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Where did I say it wasn’t?

We’ve had 3 or 4 different GM’s and coaching staffs draft and screw up all these different QB’s. It’s not the uniform that’s doing it.

AtlantaJet likes this.
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think JimmyG coming to the Jets would be the same as Alex Smith going to KC back in the day.

#52 Cman68, Nov 26, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
    Jets79 likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah but we already have the next Pat Mahomes on the roster.

stinkyB likes this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Wilsonian contingent certainly would agree..

15. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

That's always been the case with the Jets with a few exceptions. Poor drafting is absolutely the worst culprit. It's cost a few decent Head Coaches their jobs also. Look at all the examples of teams that draft well. When they draft well they stick with their HC. KC, Baltimore, Saints, Steelers, Cowboys..... all those teams continually draft well. Keeping their HC goes hand in hand with successful drafting. Always has. I don't think Todd Bowles or Rex Ryan were had coaches. They just got fired because they were stuck with a GM that sucked.

16. jackie1013

jackie1013 Member

For the first time in a LONG time, I’m enjoying watching the Jets, it’s fun watching the Jets and I have hope as a Jets fan. It’s happening! The Jets are a real football team! There will be bumps in the road but we aren’t a laughing stock. Thank you Joe Douglas! The best is yet to come. I believe in this team. They are young and they are Hungry! We have a defense that nobody wants to play! Zack or no Zack, we have a team!

SackRecord99 and Acad23 like this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Who got us Mike White??

We can thank our magic man GM Joe D

White may have struggled at first ..but what a difference a year makes with weapons on offense

18. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

7-4, what a mess they are. Complete disaster.