The Mike White Era Begins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Nov 23, 2022.

1. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Mike White era will last 2-3 games. He’ll play well for a couple of weeks…Stumble a little in Buffalo (I don’t see the Jets winning this game regardless) and “reset” Zach is back against the Lions …imo.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'll just point out that we still haven't seen Mike White with a competent defense behind him, let alone the man-eatin' Jet's D.

Jets81, PJ4Ever, azhar80 and 4 others like this.
  3. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Exactly!!!

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Or the level of offensive talent in front of him like we have now.. This is gonna be a fun game. Lets see what MLF can come up with as this will require a completely different approach to the LoS. Considering it will probably be raining, if the Bears stack the box MW will get to show us what he can do under less than optimal conditions.

5. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Sounds like he's getting Corey Davis, Nate Herbig and George Fant back to help him. That's huge.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, things that Zach didn't have the benefit of for most of his 7 games. I'm not saying that having these pieces would make up for poor footwork, sloppy mechanics, but it might well have made a difference in outcomes. Now White gets to benefit and hopefully take advantage, and when Zach returns hopefully these pieces will still be in the lineup.

Jets4eva9011 likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Godspeed Mike.

8. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

or w/ the weapons that zw has had this year

9. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Look, no matter how much people might be doubting Mike White, just remember one thing....

Mike White would have won the patsy game if he'd been playing. NE played good defense but there were MANY opportunities that a competent QB would have taken advantage of. Zach missed EVERYTHING. He completely betrayed the team last weekend and anyone with 20/20 vision could have seen this coming from a Mile away

SOJAZ, mrjet80 and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  10. mute

mute Well-Known Member

11. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Many of those opportunities were available because Bellicheck allowed them to be, knowing that Zach doesn’t see the field. I don’t think that would’ve been the strategy of White was starting.

Cman68, MoWilkBeast and ouchy like this.
  12. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I think what’s lost in this whole thing is the golden opportunity before Mike White right now. Has Mike been putting in the hard work grinding every day working on mechanics, studying defenses and defensive players tendencies? Studying how offensive plays attack one defense vs another? It makes for a good story and gives at least a new hope at the position, however unlikely it may be.

Brook!, SOJAZ, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

That’s why inserting him at halftime may have been the trick. Leaving BB no time to prepare. Like I said in another post I’m almost positive White would have led the Jets to at least a FG in the second half …

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

We’ll this will be very interesting

I expect a higher floor but a lower ceiling I guess

I think White will process a bit faster and hit the open easy passes so hopefully we can move the chains

however, he doesn’t have Zach’s athleticism to escape and make plays with his legs, nor does he have Zach’s arm to make some of the flashy throws we’ve seen Zach make.

I am 100% on board with the benching…Zach was just horrendous last week, and honestly I also thought he should’ve been pulled in the third quarter and we could have won that game.

but will be interesting to see how White does…

absolutely the right move though…had to show the team that wins matter more than developing a young QB who has not played well

Ralebird, PJ4Ever, mrjet80 and 2 others like this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

It’s a good week for this -if fields is out?
    If Zach were to play terribly , the home crowd would be brutal. If fields is out, there’s a chance we won’t need much of an offense.

Jets79 likes this.
  16. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

To this day still my favorite SD album...

17. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Well said + I think this is key. The Jets went into Gunslinger mode last year when White was the Qb as they gave up 45 and 54 points vs Buffalo, NE…

If they just need White to complete a high percentage of passes, see the field well, make good decisions and not turn the ball over, he can do that…

If you are asking him to throw 40+ times with no running game… yeah it could get ugly.

SOJAZ, Cman68, mrjet80 and 1 other person like this.
  18. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I am all for benching Wilson, but Mike White isn't the answer either. Neither is Flacco. It's frustrating because the Jets do have a good team but no QB. Curious to see what the Jets do in the future with the draft and FA. I think we all have our answer on Wilson, and he isn't the future.

19. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

We don't need White or Flacco to be superstars, just better than Zach Wilson.

20. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Hopefully people don't rush to judge him after only one week practicing with the 1s.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk