Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Honestly I don’t know the losses themselves were the final straw, it’s almost a certainty that his attitude after that game on Sunday cost him. Who knows how long it’ll last, but Zach literally left Saleh with no choice. A change was imperative

REVISion, Br4d, NYJFan10 and 4 others like this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

You keep regurgitating the same nonsense on every thread. We all saw the 2 yard pass, we don't need to be reminded every ten minutes, and you have no idea if he is mentally tough or not, or what the real issue is with Zach. None. Zero, nada. No more that your ridiculous rant on Saleh yesterday. Hyperbole up the kazoo
    Only fact is this. Zach needs to sit and Saleh should had done that last quarter of Sunday's game for a win, much more important than today. . Now is a different story for the Jets and White is on the spot and arguably not the long term answer. I will root for him 100% because he is a Jet and and root for all Jets to succeed. But the real solution is still TBD and Zach is still in the mix regarding of your opinion at this juncture.

3. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

If there were only another option. Someone who thoroughly outplayed White pillar to post against the same competition this year...

4. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

ZW will be inactive.

SOJAZ and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Justin Fields is like Year 2 Josh Allen: still below average as a passer but showing signs of improvement and a dynamic runner. Zach isn't Josh Allen, he's Josh Rosen.

6. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Well that’s just like your opinion man.

Plenty of data out there that shows the impact a family can have on a child, or the effect that growing up in a particular area/situation can have.

7. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Why they took Wilson is not complicated. He put it together in his last season at BYU in a way that reminded some teams of Joe Burrow.

He has an A arm, A- athleticism. Guys like Wilson have big ceilings. Even Aaron Rodgers (after GB-Jets practice last year) said Wilson has rare arm talent and can make some impressive throws.

The Jets had to take him, it just hasn’t worked out.
    I think selecting Qb’s is more luck vs anything else.
    You have to keep selecting them if you don’t have one on the roster and hope tk get lucky.

BB gets all the credit for selecting Brady in rd. 6…
    but look at all the other qb’s the Pats have had come and go in the last 10 years.

A lot of luck when it comes to Qb’s…

JetFanInNE, Noam and KY Jets Fan like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

That is true regardless of the situation, rich or poor. that is exactly what I said.

Jets81 likes this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

They have more information on Streveler than we do; they see him in practice every day. Plus we're way better than the Bears; we just need a solid backup-level performance and we'll win. So taking a chance on Streveler here isn't the right call IMO.

ColoradoContrails and IDFjet like this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

The coin has spoken!

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

INACTIVE.... that's a big demotion. That says something about alot more than his play.

SOJAZ, Jets81, IIMeanDeanII and 6 others like this.
  12. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

A STAR IS BORN:

Chris Streveler EDITION

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What did the Jets and Zach do during the Bye Week? Nothing? Now he shows up 1 game and needs a full re-set? Just seems odd to me and poorly handled. Good luck to Mike White, but this has disaster written on it.

14. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Benching Zach is all the more reason why I love this front office. Benching Zach requires Saleh and JD putting their egos aside. It proves to the team that they care about the team and their success more than any individual selfish reasons.

I'm certain this is not the last we're going to see of Zach either. He's going to have to prove his way back on to the field and I'm 100% in agreement with it. He'll get another chance and I hope he straightens out and improves his reputation and play.....

JetFanInNE, SOJAZ, Since1969 and 4 others like this.
  15. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

some of yall really want white mike to fall on his face ... its truly strange

SOJAZ, Br4d and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That's where the problem came in IMO. Saleh - LaFleur - were set on running their SF-style scheme which isn't particularly well suited to Fields style of play. Again, that's just my opinion. FWIW, I agree with you: draft the best talent and fit your scheme around that. I think in some ways they've screwed Zach up with insisting on him playing their way - not excusing his struggles entirely but too many coaches insist on forcing "square pegs into round holes" and screw players up. The most successful coaches don't do this. Did Andy Reid try to remake Patrick Mahomes?

SOJAZ and Jets79 like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

As can be said about Zach Wilson.

18. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He had footwork issues in college so I was referring to them working with him after the draft and this last off season. Some of the throws he airmailed (especially the Berrios one), there was no pressure at all. He has these issues randomly for no rhyme or reason it seems. The Josh Allen comparisons are silly though and Im not sure why people keep making them. They are two different players and Josh in year 2 is worlds better than Zach is right now. I just dont see how Zach playing under center will help him read defenses better. He still has the same issues he had last year. Do you think the footwork issues just go away when he is under center?

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Making him inactive makes a ton of sense based off of what Saleh is saying in his presser.

The whole goal of this benching is to get Zach to have a full reset and focus on what he needs to work on going forward.

Keep him out of the game-planning, installs, etc. Just let him focus on his footwork, mechanics, those fundamental basics that Saleh referenced in his presser.

Full reset.

20. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Thing with White is, if he sucks as bad as Zach has, he'll get the hook and Flacco or Streveler is next man up (I hope).

Saleh (and perhaps JD was the real decision maker) painted himself into a corner on Sunday by leaving him in, and Zach's comments/attitude postgame forced their hand.

I think, in a weird way, Zach would have been in much better shape to start this weekend if Saleh had given him the hook and put Mike White in at or before the 3rd Quarter against the Pats. It would have allowed Saleh to say, "Zach just didn't have it today. We had to change it up. We still believe Zach gives this team its best chance to win, so he'll be starting Sunday against the Bears."

For this team's sake, I hope Zach figures it out, gets his head straight, and starts treating this as a profession. He has a ton of physical talent - but it means not a thing without the intelligence and mental toughness to lead the team.

In the meantime, all-hail Mike White (or Chris Streveler, or Joe Flacco. . .)

Jets79, Br4d, K'OB and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.