This is Saleh’s fault

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrooklynJetsFan, Nov 20, 2022.

1. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

People could call me a troll all they want but Joe Douglas built this team, people are already ready to put Saleh in the hall of fame? But common lets face it the guy is 10-17 and couldn't even find a way to beat a inferior team(the New England Patriots) once, what has he done up to date to be called a "good coach"? What has he won? Lets face it the win in Cleveland was a miracle, and we got very lucky playing backup Qb's this season, and oh yea the team is in last place in the division have you checked? Jets fan's are so happy that we are above .500 for the 1st time in ages that they forget everyone but the qb on this team is good-elite level. We have the best defense in football and great offensive players besides the qb and a couple lineman and we can't even beat the Patriots once? And if the Patriots blew us out it would be one thing, but both were winnable games and Saleh Lost them! When your offense has 2 yards in the whole 2nd half at what point do you not pull the Qb? Common 0 excuse why he didn't pull Zack Sunday besides he doesn't wanna hurt a mental midgets ego, who cares dude just win the freakin game and be on top of the division, that's why this guy is not a good coach and he got beat by someone "who is a good coach" and clearly outcoached him not once but twice! This was the biggest game of the year and you can blame Zack Wilson all you want but its 95% Selah's fault for not realizing New England Was in Zack's head again just like they were the 1st game and not pulling him, if he is so blind and oblivious to not learn from the 1st game they played than he is a terrible coach! After Zack threw it right in Mccourty's hands for a almost pick 6 Saleh still didn't pull him? I mean what game was he watching? What he did is infuriating!

#101 george sakell, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    Nyjets4eva likes this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Damnit... I knew those two yards were gonna be a talking point.... :confused:

3. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

JD may have built this team, but if you don't think Saleh has progressed as a head coach from last year, then I don't know what to tell you.

4. george sakell

That's like comparing shit to bigger shit. Hard not to improve when you went 4-12 the previous year. Who wouldn't improve as a head coach after he is given 2 elite Cb's a elite defensive line, good safeties, elite wr's. Good coaches win big games and so far Robert Saleh has choked the big games and made all the wrong moves in big games and got outcoached by Bill Bellichik a good coach not once but twice! So lets stop putting him in the hall of fame because he hasn't proven shit.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not hearing any defense of Saleh as an improving coach until he beats the Patriots once. He is currently 0-4. Yes, Belichick's true passion is getting Jets coaches and quarterbacks fired, because I don't think there is a person alive that he dislikes more than Woody Johnson. If you can't overcome that, then you're just another loser.

edit: and this george sackell guy may seem a little abrasive but it doesn't mean he's wrong. This team is loaded with talent now and many times it is not used effectively by the coaching staff. When it's a coaching issue, the buck stops with Saleh.

Zach is also a big part of the problem since he touches the ball every offensive snap in almost every game. But he's still on the field and he's now popping off like a spoiled shithead. Parcells would have had this guy busted to the scout team by now.

#105 abyzmul, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    IDFjet, Acad23 and george sakell like this.
  6. george sakell

Last year was excusable the Jets team stunk, this year if anyone can say the Jets team is worse than the Patriots team with a straight face shame on you! So what is his excuse for losing not once but twice to the Patriots, whats his excuse when Sunday the Patriots were trying to give us the game missing 2 field goals and the refs gifting us a holding call at the end? If you can't beat a good head coach and your arch nemesis not once but twice your a bad coach.

abyzmul likes this.
  7. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Have you not noticed we have the worst starting QB in the league? Have you noticed that QB is actually so bad he ranks amongst some of the worst highly drafted QB’s in the history of the NFL? Are you blind?

BleedJetsGreen1981 and Kryoptix like this.
  8. george sakell

And who's fault is it that he is still our starting Qb? Apparently Saleh is the one blind that's why he is still our starting Qb. He makes the decisions, not Douglas, Lafleur or Ulbrich.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

There are 2 levels up in the Hierarchy... Just laying the QB play on the HC is too convenient

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  10. george sakell

He could easily go Woody and say hey listen Woody "this kid is holding us back from being a serious team he needs to be benched", Woody is all about making money and i'm sure he wants to win and see's himself this kid sucks. Woody wants to sell seats and with the majority of Jet's fans now turning on Zach it will be very easy for Saleh to bench him now or in game vs the Patriots last Sunday. There is not many fans left espicially after what he said that want to see Zach in a Jet's uniform. Monday when Saleh met the Media 1st thing out of his mouth should have been "We are making a quarterback change" not beating around the question.

Royal Tee likes this.
  11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

What makes you think none of that just happened?
    Take a step back and look at the scenario if Saleh was being told to let Zach ride the season then This happened..

12. george sakell

Because why would Woody want Zack starting either, I assume he bought the team to see them succeed and win a Superbowl? And if your headcoach who should be a better talent evaluator than you are or I am tells you the kid sucks and they need to make a change you should listen to him, but I am sure non of that happened, we all know Robert Saleh is a players coach and he rides and dies with them just like Jfm didn't even sit out one play after getting not one but 2 stupid boneheaded crucial penalty's. I suppose Woody scram into Robert Saleh's headset "don't you dare sit that boy". And Im sure Woody got into Saleh's head and when the media asked him "did you at any point think about making a quarter change at any point". Robert Saleh replied that's the last thing on my mind. Sure Woody told him to say that.

13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Well there are several factors to not pulling ZW.

ZW does have couple of comeback wins this year in 4th quarter.

he s coming off their biggest win vs the Bills.

and lastly, you ride with the prized draft pick in this situation. Now there comes a good time to re evaluate the QB situation and pull the trigger.

14. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

If the Jets were not in playoff contention, then you let Zach ride out the season and stink up the joint, since this will work in your favor via a higher draft pick. This team has a chance to make some noise in the playoffs, so Zach's development (or more like regression) and his dismissive zoomer attitude may need to be put on a hard pause for now. In the past week, Zach has stated he has nothing to prove and does not feel any responsibility towards his teammates when he shits the bed. If Zach genuinely feels that way, the question now becomes, what the hell is he doing out on the field with that kind of loser attitude?

When you have a career losing record and have the lowest QB rating of any starter the past two seasons, maybe you should grit your teeth and say all the right things, even though they may be outright lies. No strangers to being disingenuous themselves, the media absolutely loves it when a player or coach is being fake. While Zach is burning the candle at both ends trying to learn the game of football and the media game, the strain is beginning to show.

Credit to Saleh for realizing the kid is starting to get overwhelmed and may need a break sooner than later. Not that anyone gives a damn about Jet fans, but they can also use a break from having to watch Zach pretend to be an NFL QB on a weekly basis.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Saleh's job is to win games.

Not next year, not for the next few years. This year.

If he loses another game because ZW can't play QB he should be fired. And I actually mean that. A better coach would have the Jets comfortably in first place.

You think Parcells or Belichik would watch the shitshow ZW is putting on most weeks?

No, because they are actually good coaches. Saleh is a joke.

16. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

That punter was also married to Coughlin’s daughter randomly - so it was like coach tearing into his son after a pee wee football game.

17. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

We wouldn’t say all that. We 6-4 in a tough AFC. Zach missed 3 games too.

But NE game he should have pulled him for Flacco in the mid 3rd/4th. no question.

18. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I would have liked to have seen him pulled during the game, but I can't say I was expecting it. I do think if he's pulled at the half, the Jets win that game.

I'm glad Saleh didn't commit to Zach this week. He is pretty much the worst QB in football right now, and the Jets are still in a solid position to make the playoffs. He'll get the first half against Chicago, and if we see more of what we've seen this year, they'll give the second half to White.

Seems like the best we could hope for.

stinkyB likes this.
  19. george sakell

According to Schefter hes benched this week.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

His #1 coaching mistake in that game was not pulling him halfway through the 3rd/start, #2 was not punting out of bounds (although we don't know what that call was really was)