This is Saleh’s fault

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrooklynJetsFan, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yea, I’d imagine many of us were thinking about that field goal when the choice was made. It was clear that it would be a low scoring game and Beli knew it. He very clearly knew it.

I started to think about that 6-3 game 20 something years ago.

2. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

Replace This with Zach and the answer to that question is yes

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The play call was perfect, LaFleur got Moore wide open past the marker right in front of Zach's face.

BrooklynJetsFan and Jets79 like this.
  4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Punter?

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Some of the Saleh hate in this thread is ridiculous. This has been the best-coached Jets season since 2009. Still time for it to fall apart, but Saleh has done a phenomenal job. I was not sold on him at all after a few weeks. But everything he has done since Week 4 has been great.

I also think that the timing on questioning Zach's job security is perfect. Maybe he should have been pulled against New England, but I'm not sure that's a pure Saleh decision. The Douglas/Saleh plan was clearly to have Zach be our guy this year and avoid all signs of a QB controversy.

If Zach had taken more accountability after the game, maybe Zach doesn't get his job questioned. But his bad performance combined with his lack of accountability makes it clear that we have to do something publicly.

6. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

No way this is the best coached football team since 2009, you put Todd Bowles in there or Rex Ryan they easily go 6-4 if not better. This is the best all around team since who knows. A mediocre coach can coach this team to 6-4. Way to many stupid penalties this year and the fact he is still trotting out the same Qb who keeps blowing games for us just shows he is a incompetent coach. If you give this talented team to any borderline competent coach they go 6-4 or better. I guess we gotta put him in the hall of fame because he will go 9-8 this year with probally the most elite defense in the league this year and a top 10 offense with a borderline competent qb offcourse and miss the playoffs because he doesn't want to hurt a little shits feeling and bench him? Michael carter was electric last year, we have a former 1000 yard receiver a guy who will probally be a 1500 yard receiver in the future in Garrett and Moore who looked electric last year and the best defense in the league how can we not be 6-4 or better this year? If the Jets miss the playoffs Saleh needs to be fired because its criminal to give a guy this good of a team and not make the playoffs. I am tired of Jets fans accepting being .500 a success its a major failure. This defense is so talented that they can get into the playoffs and get hot and win the Superbowl. They already stopped Aaron Rodgers, Josh Allen, and Joe Burrow 3 of the top 10 qb's in the league. If they put a average qb in there who knows what happens in the playoffs, but than again I guess we are used to a poorly run organization and stupid hardheaded coaches who go down with the ship.

#86 george sakell, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Todd Bowles can't even go 6-4 with Tom Brady and a very good defense.

Rex Ryan coached 8 years in the NFL and had a winning record through 10 games once.

This post is not based in reality.

8. HomeoftheJets

Have you considered the possibility that Saleh is why the defense is so good?

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding?

Rex would have had his Sanchez tattoo covered up with a Zach tattoo...

Jets69 and Jets4eva9011 like this.
  10. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Exactly this. After the game, I paused my TV to see just how open he was, and I still can't believe he didn't hit Moore ... WIDE open, two yards in front of the sticks, crossing the field right in front of Wilson's face. The only thing I can think of is that Carter has been so good at turning up for a few yards and getting OB, so maybe Wilson was trying to save the last TO rather than take the easy first down in the middle of the field (and I use the word "easy" very loosely).

That said, he probably would have sailed it over his head for a game sealing Pick 6 anyway.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Stop with a Todd Bowles comparison, he is nowhere close at building a team from the ground up. Rex would not have survived the first year woes. In two years he transformed this D to tops, and is a QB away from winning the division.

12. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

Hahaha that is laughable Joe Douglas who helped build that great Eagles team built this team and fleeced basicly every Gm out there not Saleh, are you saying the Patriots are better than the Jets if so your oblivious. So why did we get beat by the Patriots not once but twice? Because Saleh got freakin outcoached, and he is Bill Belichiks bitch. Saleh is a big reason why we lost both games. That's what seperates a great coach to a mediocre- average coach. Joe Douglas gave Saleh a elite defense and a good offense and if not for some miracle in cleveland they would be .500 right now and even subpar .500 if they didn't play 3 backup qb's. Luck has been on the side of the Jets this year and Saleh still can't get them in 1st place in a wide open division. Get the fuck out of here Saleh is a average coach at best. Any coach with a brain would have pulled Zack Wilson Sunday knowing the division is on the line, Saleh has no clue how to win a game. He is so great his career record is still 10-17. Rex Ryan made the playoffs with a defensive talent worse than this and with butt fumble boy and receivers not even close in talent as we have right now. And whos to say Ulbrich who actually played in the Nfl is not the reason why the defense is so good? I look at him and how fired up he is every game than I look at players getting personal foul players on the Jets and Saleh just sitting there like a Duck and patting them on the back and his Qb getting roughed and Saleh just sitting there like a duck and I wonder if this guy is even a competent head coach. Patting his players on the back for poor performances or stupid penalties is actually a sign of a bad coach, and leaving players who have no business being out there like Zack Wilson week in and week out is signs of a bad coach. Right now Saleh has borderline respect of the players because they are still a winning team, but if the Jets do not make the playoffs the elite players on this team like Sauce, Q, Garrett Wilson will jump ship on this team 1st chance they get because who like losing and they know how good this team is. Like I have said many times it is criminal for the Jets not to make the playoffs with a defense this good and if they do not its on Saleh and Zack Wilson. If Saleh can't get the team in the playoffs with the best defense in football, a good running back, and 3 really good receivers and 2 really good tightends he is a mediocre head coach and Bill Belichek proved it not once but twice. His 10-17 record speaks for itself.

Rex's record with the Jets 46-50 .480 Made playoffs
    Robert Saleh 10-17 .370

So so far Rex was a better coach for the Jets than Robert Saleh, I mean thats not saying much because he was still a lousy coach, but quit acting like Robert Saleh is great, if he was great he would have figured out how to win even 1 of the Patriots games and the Jets would be in 1st place but he got clearly outcoached by someone who is actually a great head coach. So far according to record to paraphrase his own words Robert Saleh is "dogshit" just like the Quarterback who he keeps putting out there to fail.

#92 george sakell, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
  13. HomeoftheJets

This has to be a troll or burner account.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

george, take a break from the computer and grab a beer and smile....

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I was at that game in foxboro

Jets81 likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Yep, done wasting time with such crap.

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

A giant block of shit that no one wants to read.

18. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

A golden oldy from GangGreen past. I always think of that post every time a see a giant blob of words without paragraphs.

#98 BleedJetsGreen1981, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    Dierking likes this.
  19. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I knew you guys couldn't hide forever.

Get me the Damn Ball likes this.
  20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I don't think you're post is going to go over real well but you make some good points--leaving ZW in the entire game does show less of a priority on winning.

Acad23 likes this.