This is Saleh’s fault

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrooklynJetsFan, Nov 20, 2022.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Zach Wilson was the way the Jets lost that game. It was only a matter of time before the Jets screwed up somehow and lost the tie. They weren't going to score unless it was the same way the Pats did.

2. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

It's not the fact he ZW sucks that bothers me. He obviously has talent. It's just that his talent isn't NFL caliber. I can accept that part.

What I cannot accept is the lack of accountability for his level of suck. That simple answer of "No" that he gave post game yesterday is unacceptable.

Two letters sent a huge slap across the face of the fanbase and more importantly his teammates.

Br4d, LAJet and papapump like this.
  3. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

I don't think Saleh is a good Nfl coach he is to player friendly besides when they ask for trades ofcourse. But he never benched Jfm after not 1 but 2 bonehead penalties not even for 1 play! And a good coach makes the whole team play better not just the defense. So is the defense this good because of Saleh or Ulbrich? We all know the team is very talented on both sides of the ball and even Adam Gase would be .500 with this team. The team is to talented the most talented team in the last 15 years. If saleh keeps this bs up and not hold anyone accountable and stick with a Qb who clearly is holding this team back from the playoffs and maybe a superbowl and a qb who doesn't know what "accountability is" he needs to be fired after this season. If the Jets miss the playoffs this year its solely on Selah and not the Quarterback and he needs to be fired after this season. The 2 games lost to New England are solely on Selah for not making ingame adjustments and pulling the Qb, so he is basicly living or dying with Zack Wilson and Zack Wilson flops Selah should flop with him for being stubborn and be fired after this season, if you think Selah is a good coach because the team is playing well think again. How can you not be good when you have a defensive line and a secondary like the Jets have?

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

well he has the physical talent….athletic, strong arm, can make tight throws…

the problem I see is the mental aspect…he has some of the WORST field vision I’ve seen in a starting NFL QB…he just doesn’t see open guys the way he should. He is a slow processor…he looked good against Buffalo with all those quick hit one read throws….when NE took those away he had nothing else he could do.

I think his continued piss poor worst in the league accuracy is also mental….not sure why two years in he STILL can’t hit a simple dump off throw, but I think that’s mental also….clearly he has a strong arm and he should be able to make those throws….I don’t know why is continues to suck at the simple stuff….

Pepsiguy5 and azhar80 like this.
  5. george sakell

He wasn't even good against Buffalo, 1st half he was putrid.

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'm with you. I've defending him relentlessly, but now I'm starting to lose confidence. Saleh needs to bench him or put him on a short leash next game.

Pepsiguy5 and Savatage like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The bar's been set pretty low....

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The bar for Jets drafted quarterbacks is the bottom rung of a submerged swimming pool ladder.

Br4d, Pepsiguy5 and IDFjet like this.
  9. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

What a shit show. This was the worst loss since Todd through 5 interceptions to AJ Duey.

JETFUEL1580 and Cman68 like this.
  10. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Lol. The punt was a mistake no doubt but Zach Wilson is 100% to blame for this..

papapump likes this.
  11. george sakell

If Saleh doesn't bench Zack Wilson for atleast the 1st quarter for next game not for sucking ass Sunday but for his post game answers I want him gone before I want Zack Wilson gone, he is basicly shitting on the whole team for 1 player and is braindead just like Zach Wilson. He needs to send the team a message that players will be held accountable for their actions. This is Selah's chance to prove himself and back up the real breadwinners on the team which is the defense.

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Instead of TGG and ESPN talking about how great our Defense played, all they/us talk about is how bad ZW played. Feel bad for the D....they played another great game. And no one will hear about it.

NY Jets68, Acad23, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  13. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

The problem with this, and it's very logical, is that before the half they had 19 seconds and needed only 20 yards to get into FG range and only got off one play. ONE PLAY!!!! How is that even possible?!?!?!?

14. george sakell

This is why Bill Bellicheck is a great coach and Saleh will be another Jets fired coach. Bellicheck had balls to take out his Qb mid game Saleh did not. The 2 games they played the Jets he realized Zack Wilson is the weak link and dared Wilson to beat them and he could not. He realized yesterday that the Jets defense isplaying elite and elected to kick a field goal on basicly 4th and inches. A good coaches realizes situations in game and plans for the game and adjusts in game, Saleh is a incompetent moron and cannot. This is why Saleh will be another fired coach in the next couple years espicially if he rides or dies with Zack Wilson. As much as Rex brought contreversy Zach Wilson would be on the bench with him. As sucko Adam Gase was Zack Wilson would be released by now with Adam Gase.

#74 george sakell, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
    Jets81 likes this.
  15. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I think Zach hurt his cause with his stupid remarks during the post-game conference. As the QB/Leader he should have taken the blame for the loss.

He was definitely responsible for the loss. But what about the OL? I expected them to push the Pat's defensive front around. What happened?

It appears both the Jets and the Pats suffer from a suspect Offensive Line. This will lead to both teams' demise this season.

16. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Unfortunately when a team loses the QB takes most of the blame. The Jet's defense dominated my Pats. They humbled Josh Allen. This is a Superbowl defense.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

In this case, it might be a blessing as it forced Saleh to make a change he really didn't want to make. Forces MLF out of his comfort zone too and come up with a completely different game plan with different players on the field. I'm sure if the Jets hang 30+ on the Bears, the Defense won't mind one bit.

This team literally is one player away from being a legit contender this year. One....

Br4d and Footballgod214 like this.
  18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

They’re going to trot Zach out there one more time because benching him now means the end of him permanently and the team doesn’t want to face that prospect yet. Benching him means we’re searching for a QB via FA or trade and possibly even the draft again. These are the guys that drafted and went all in on Zach. They can’t disassociate themselves from him because they picked him. If you bench Zach right now there’s no going back to him unless Mike White completely implodes immediately. If White plays so/so he’s gonna get at least 2-3 games and then what? Go back to Zach with 4 games left? For what?

I think Zach stinks. I hated him as a prospect. I never felt he had first round value and I was mortified when he was projected to the Jets and even more so when we picked him. I don’t think he’s capable of being an NFL starter. But benching him right now means the FO has given up on him, and they won’t do that yet. And honestly when he comes out looking like the dogshit that he is against CHI, the crowd is going to eviscerate him with an epic reign of boos and I think he deserves to hear them. My guess is he’s gonna last one more half before Saleh has no choice.

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Sarcasm doesn’t always translate well on the internet.

This is a joke, right?

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

OMG why are you going there lol?