Zach Wilson (MERGED) - New Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

You can't just fling four pieces of shit at a wall and call one a diamond because it stuck. I see what you're saying but those are the wrong people to have competing unless Zach turns it around at the end of this season.

Jimmy G will be here next year, there's almost no doubt in my mind. He's a UFA, he knows MLF and Saleh, he knows the system well enough that the Niners made it to the Super Bowl with him running it... I think that's a lock. And with Jimmy G this year we'd be at least a game or two better.

2. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

So on the last drive of the game all jets did was run except twice. One was a good pass to mims, 2nd time around he pissed his pants. Also, has white thrown 3 ints against the pats and possible another one that mccourty dropped bc he didn’t realize he was playing for the jets.

so just bc white threw 4 int makes zw better?

Jfc this is the stupidest argument

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i mean being a QB isn't awful. in the off season we could draft a QB and maybe make a run at jimmy g. this gives zach real competition and he has to show up or be gone

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Today was good by Robert Saleh. Zach needs to be held accountable. I would still start him against the Bears, but if the Jets choose to go with Mike White, you can understand why. If Zach does start, it should be with a short leash.

I am annoyed at some posters for running with my "Zach is fine" comment the wrong way, but can't worry about negative people. I personally think Zach is at a crossroads. It is a good thing for the Jets though. Shows they are all about winning now. Poor play is not acceptable. Holding the team back in not acceptable. Shows you the progress the franchise has made.

No doubt losing to the Patriots twice when many believe the Jets are the better team is the most frustrating part. Zach was the main cause for both losses. It's upsetting, even to his biggest supporters.

Throw in that it highlighted all of his issues, and people going nuts was a slam dunk. I get it. I do. I just have more patience than others and see his potential.

KY Jets Fan and JetFanInNE like this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

no he's better because he's better. not just the INTs. white can't complete a pass over 5 yards. he is very limited. the pass to mims was clutch on wilsons behalf. we've also seen what he is capable of and it's much more then white. he's also made less mistakes then white.

6. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

well yesterday neither did zw…couldn’t even hit berrios or mims on screen plays…..

so zw gets 20 games and white gets 2 to be evaluated?

tomdeb, Ralebird and Jets69 like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well I think it’s fair to say it’s a bit different preparing to play the Patriots than Texas State.

8. GasedAndConfused

white has been in the league 5 years. he's had plenty of time. zach has been in for less then 2

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  10. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

MW hasn't played in more than 4 full games yet. And he's shown a higher ceiling than Zach in those 3 full games, then Zach has ever shown in the 20 games.

11. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Brilliant

Oh wow lol

Royal Tee likes this.
  12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

You can't fake the funk....

1st time seeing that?

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

LOL...what?!?

14. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

If Saleh is going to bench Wilson ,why the hell did he not pull him in the Pats game. The only reason to keep Wilson in the Pats game was because he was going to remain the starter. We all saw and knew Wilson was not winning the Pats game. Saleh should have pulled Wilson if he was going down this path This is very bad coaching, we had the opportunity to be in first place ,needing only 1 drive into field goal range. Either White or Flacco would have been able to do that in the 4th. Imagine the energy the switch would given the offense. First place and Saleh was too scared to grab it

15. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Yes it was, but I remember watching the draft. Didn't notice it though. Just to be on record, I don't think nor do I hope he is uncomfortable around "certain folks" but your original post just had me in stitches.

Royal Tee likes this.
  16. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Mike White was under constant pressure last year in the Cincy game and found ways to get the ball in receivers hands. Even the 2 picks in this game were off receivers hands.

His game vs NE was not great but not terrible, he was playing well vs Indy but got hurt and then started vs Buffalo in a game he probably should have sat out. 42 passes and yes 4 int’s… The Jets gave up 54, 45, and 45 points in those games.

Do you think this defense can keep teams to lower scores???

We don’t need Mike White to be Cincy White Mike…

We just need him to manage the game, put up some points..

I think if given the opportunity, he’s gonna play a lot better than most are expecting.

17. GasedAndConfused

he's shown no ceiling. thats the issue. 5 years in the league. if he had something worthwhile he would have started already.

18. GasedAndConfused

in the bills game. gave a critical 1st down on 3rd down in a tight window

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Ralebird and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  20. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Brilliant comment in Ian O'Connor's NY Post column today:

One veteran NFL scout who had told me before the 2021 draft that the Jets would be making a mistake if they picked Wilson (he didn’t like his size, among other things) texted the following Monday: “If you wanted to like him, you watched the 2020 [BYU] film. If you wanted the TRUTH, you watched the 2019 film."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.