Saleh Press Conference (Monday, Nov 21st)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJJets, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

To me there's a difference between "wanting Mike White SZN", and "being done with Zach Wilson SZN".

Zach has demonstrated the ability to operate an NFL offense at a level commensurate with some of the worst production the league has ever seen. I just want anyone who gives the team a shot at "not that" at this point.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Saleh had to make a move or lose the lockerroom. He also knew that if Zach stepped on the field and made one mistake, the fan reaction would be SAVAGE. This also forces MLF to actually come up with a fresh gameplan and different personnel packages because he's working with a different QB with different strengths and weaknesses. Zach deserved to lose his job even temporarily with his petulant, self absorbed, childish reaction to a obvious question.

Perhaps the best thing to happen to Zach Wilson was getting benched. His head was getting too big for his helmet.

chandler, MSUJet85, Pepsiguy5 and 9 others like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Many of us said exactly ^this^ at the time.
    Playing Flacco was just flat out stupid... hell... even having Flacco on the team is stupid.

"Oh, but he's a good mentor!"...... how's that working out?

Saleh needs to make the change now. Zach's lack of development on the field is one thing.
    His failure to take accountability is quite another.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He was on a 40 int pace last year. We know what we have.

Noam and Stevied like this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Yup, count me in for that. Wanted to see white from the jump.

6. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

But now all he's going to be asked to do is manage the game with the good players around him--its a way different story. He's competent to hit open guys.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I actually thought Streveler deserved a shot based on his pre-season play.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Me too.. The CS wanted to avoid a QB controversy at all costs since they gifted the started job to a entitled spoiled brat from BYU.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Mangini felt the same about Brett Ratliff ;)

Jets81, Noam, JetFanInNE and 4 others like this.
  10. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

How many shitty games from Zach were we supposed to endure before knowing what we have, but one shitty game from White was enough to know? White doesn’t need to be good, he needs to be better than Zach. The bar is not high at all.

11. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

The crazy part is if the little prick just shut his mouth and took responsibility for sucking Sunday like even Mahomes, Josh Allen and all the greats have done at one point or another in there career he would still be the starting Qb of the Jets even though he is awful, but what he did in the press confrence was even worse than him sucking in the game. He showed he is not a leader and is on cloud 9 and does not know what the hell is going on. He lost the respect of every single teamate he had so Saleh has no choice but to bench him.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I really wanted Zach to "be the guy" and prove my concerns about his character wrong.
    I hoped he'd grow into the role as a team leader while his play on the field improved... rocky moments and all.

But his play has not improved... and his post game comments show that he has not matured enough to lead this team.
    Now his poor performance and lack of accountability threatens to fracture the best team we've seen in a very long time.

The time for change is now.

13. stinkyB

I dont think the dude's the savior, but also don't think you can formulate a season long pace on 2 1/2 starts and one "no chance in hell" garbage time appearance.

Ralebird and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Brett Ratliff would have won the game for us yesterday... ;)

stinkyB, IIMeanDeanII and Cman68 like this.
  15. stinkyB

sadly that's very possible

16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I actually see Wilson on the bench on Sunday. They're doing this now to try to avert the firestorm that has descended upon them due to a poor performance of epic proportions, but at the end of the day, they'll trot Wilson back out there.

Ralebird, Fiftynine, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  17. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

If they trot Wilson back there and he fails for the rest of the year which he will Saleh needs to be shown the door, he sits Mims out for a whole year because he can't learn a playbook yet he lets Wilson out there and I am sure he hasn't learned the playbook yet either why else is he so confused on the field? And than no Jet to date during Robert Saleh's tenure has done anything worse than Zack Wilson did in the press confrence and yet Elijah Moore, Mims get punished but this clown gets a pass? No way if Zack Wilson is out there Sunday Fire Saleh's ass!!!

Cman68 and James Hasty like this.
  18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If Mike White is starting next week I like that Saleh isn't doing the Bears the favor of confirming it.

19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

While Mike White is not a long term solution and is not going to lead any team to a championship on his back I can say with confidence had he been the QB yesterday the Jets would of won. Even if the final score was 6-3. White doesn’t miss screen passes or continuously sail passes over WRs heads.

I’m not saying Zach can’t be the answer eventually but he is not ready yet. This team can still do damage in the playoffs this year with the defense they have as long as the offense can score 17-20 points a game.

We know White can light a spark. Now’s the time ….

20. Johnnypump

Johnnypump Member

Sometimes football gets very emotional. We as fans call for players, coaches, and GM’s heads when the team suffers a bad loss. We can all agree that yesterday was a terrible loss. I’m my opinion, the game was not lost on the punt return for a TD. It was lost throughout the whole game watching Zach Wilson trying to move this offense. I rewatched this game this morning. I watched only our offensive plays. There were many plays that stood out to me that proved to me that Wilson clearly is not ready for the NFL at this point in time. For example, if you looked at our last offensive play of the game you would have saw many things. Down and distance was 3rd and 1. As I watched this play in slow motion I saw that the offensive line was solid up front and NE could not penetrate at all. Wilson had 3 yards of a clean pocket to make a throw. Bottom line he had lots of time to go through his progressions. The Jets had a trip set right with Moore in the middle. Moore runs a beautiful drag route 2 yards behind the sticks and clearly is wide open for the throw. Wilson looks his way and then decides to throw out to the flats to a RB. The RB is 6 yards from the first down marker. The RB makes the catch but there are 2 DB’s that immediately engage him and tackle him 4 yards from the first down. Terrible decision making on Wilson’s part. I saw other plays with Wilson overthrowing Mims and Berrios in the flats. Wilson doesn’t set his feet and the ball sails high. Same play twice with the same result. Wilson needs to sit and learn. Finally, the coaching staff created this monster in Wilson with always saying that Wilson is our QB and will not sit baring injury. A QB should never be that comfortable. Wilson has no fears of losing his job. He should thank God he doesn’t play for Belicheck, McVay, or Reid. His ass would be on the bench period. Wilson needs to mature and be more accountable. I literally can not stand watching him any longer especially when the defense and O-line are playing well.